Not open for further replies.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
At 1250 units for the "golden ticket" and 5000 total the ticket isn't nearly as limited as the 350R in a given model year. Not sure collectibility will be the same over the long hual. I suppose it depends on the production run years. If they were to make this for say 4 years with 1250/year then 5000 units of the golden ticket certainly isn't quite as limitedas the R. Also, this thing is a "gas guzzler". Given the shift toward more EV's and diesel/bio diesel vehicles I cannot imagine that any gasoline car will hold value over the next 20 years. But, in the land of largess, every one is still free to spend their own $ the way they see fit. I love the 500, I def will get one, while I can afford the adms, there is a principle that makes me hold off on those and will either get one for MSRP (or small ADM) or just wait as I did on my 18 R. I got that one used with 500 miles and at less than MSRP.

Exactly, 5000 units big deal they will be everywhere
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
good lord dude. That's literally what the thread is about. It's my dealer (the OP) is asking $180K. When talking about price the next logical step is if it's worth it at that price. that's where the gt comments came in. When talking about price you're obviously going to compare to other cars and their performance at various price points. The C8 is coming in at sticker and the performance statements are equal to a modded GT N\A and a less than a blown 9 sec gt, which btw, many users on here have. So yeah what the OP is listing is going to raise some eyebrows. Sorry if you thought this was a GT is better than a Gt500 thread and you had defend that premise. Don't think anyone is saying that.
Again, a single dealer is asking that. Its distorted at best.
Why buy a zr1 over base, why a demon over base, why an ///M3 over base?

Not the same car, offer different feedback options and experience regardless of how close 1 metric may be

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Here is the deal. You've got a ton of people inquiring right now abut the GT500 which is feeding dealer greed. Of course, some dealers are going to roll the dice and ask stupid money for one. A few of them might even get it from uninformed customers looking to be the first on the block because they have more money than sense. I just don't see ADMs hanging around too long when the production run for 2020 is 5,000 units and it starts at GT350R pricing. We're going to find out really quick what the market is for Mustangs with an MSRP between $75k to $100k once these start hitting dealers.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Define highly modified. A blower and fuel system isn’t really complicated and can take a stock GT to the power of the gt500 or well beyond if you like to live dangerously.

Ford is basically saying the gt500 is a 10 second car in the 1/4 mile, blower gen 3 coyotes have been in the 8’s with stock longblock. Nice try.
A Mustang GT running 8's is not a slightly modified Mustang. It's heavily modified. I been around Mustangs a looooong time. Even a 13~14 GT500 was not running 8's with a upgarde or two.

A GT with just a blower and a boost-a-pump is not getting anywhere near 8's. A GT with a return system can be in the 10's maybe 9's but it will have a lot of chassis up grades as well. Going fast in the 1/4 is just not bolting on power adders...we all know that.

I am saying a GT with your Procharger, Whipple, KB,Edelbrock, ect with a fuel upgrade will have a hard time taking down a STOCK GT500 in the 1/4. On a road course it will not even be close. It will take quite a few more things to get the job done. That's all.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
A Mustang GT running 8's is not a slightly modified Mustang. It's heavily modified. I been around Mustangs a looooong time. Even a 13~14 GT500 was not running 8's with a upgarde or two.

A GT with just a blower and a boost-a-pump is not getting anywhere near 8's. A GT with a return system can be in the 10's maybe 9's but it will have a lot of chassis up grades as well. Going fast in the 1/4 is just not bolting on power adders...we all know that.

I am saying a GT with your Procharger, Whipple, KB,Edelbrock, ect with a fuel upgrade will have a hard time taking down a STOCK GT500 in the 1/4. On a road course it will not even be close. It will take quite a few more things to get the job done. That's all.
Nah bro, Instagram says stock motor coyote, so obviously, they didnt upgrade the trans, the converter, the rear, the axles, driveshaft, the wheels, the brakes, the fuel, injectors, the heads, remove weight, the suspension etc, because "stock motor "

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

You're legit wrong on this, and the evidence is all over the place. No one mentioned a boost a pump. I said blower and $3,000 fuel system, which consists of injectors and a return style fuel system. @Rjames18 has been bottom 9's with an lpf twin turbo setup, fuel system, and stock transmission/longblock/suspension. Whipple'd 18's with blower plus fuel system are all over the 9's and with a converter and mild suspension a few are in the 8's. Midnight performance had a stock transmission and stock longblock deep into the 8's. Shaun at AED had a gen 2 coyote with stock block except opg and intake cam with CPR turbo in the bottom 8's. Like I said, numerous examples of stock longblock 18+ gt's (and plenty gen 2 coyotes out there too) with simply power adder and supporting fuel system that could easily slap a 10 second car (which the gt500 is). I never said they'd last forever at that power level either. But high 9's is easily attainable and not too hard on the 18+ stock longblock and 10r80 to last a while.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Exactly, 5000 units big deal they will be everywhere
Maybe it is just me but where I live I can only think of 3 GT350s that I have seen in person driving around and they have produced ~15K over the past 3 years?

So sure a GT500 will be more common then a 350R but I still think it will be a rare sight that will make some people excited when they do see them cruising around.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Define highly modified. A blower and fuel system isn’t really complicated and can take a stock GT to the power of the gt500 or well beyond if you like to live dangerously.

Ford is basically saying the gt500 is a 10 second car in the 1/4 mile, blower gen 3 coyotes have been in the 8’s with stock longblock. Nice try.
You're legit wrong on this, and the evidence is all over the place. No one mentioned a boost a pump. I said blower and $3,000 fuel system, which consists of injectors and a return style fuel system. @Rjames18 has been bottom 9's with an lpf twin turbo setup, fuel system, and stock transmission/longblock/suspension. Whipple'd 18's with blower plus fuel system are all over the 9's and with a converter and mild suspension a few are in the 8's. Midnight performance had a stock transmission and stock longblock in the 8's. Like I said, numerous examples of stock longblock 18+ gt's with simply power adder and supporting fuel system that could easily slap a 10 second car (which the gt500 is). I never said they'd last forever at that power level either. But high 9's is easily attainable and not too hard on the 18+ stock longblock and 10r80 to last a while.
Again, if its easy how did you snap a bolt, did u get that fixed yet?

Mod for mod and dollar for dollar, the gt500 is a better platform.

If you want a car that will make 1 pass and eject parts, sure, throw a whipple, 20psi amd slicks on a gt and run 9s for a day. But to do it right, your going to spend the same amount.
Cheap /fast/ reliable. You can only have 2.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Maybe it is just me but where I live I can only think of 3 GT350s that I have seen in person driving around and they have produced ~15K over the past 3 years?

So sure a GT500 will be more common then a 350R but I still think it will be a rare sight that will make some people excited when they do see them cruising around.
Arnt you in Jersey? Ive seen at least 15 350s in the past 2 months alone
Granted, i travel more, but not uncommon.
Conversely, you, me, and moe/petrolwerks are the only private people i know getting a 500 local.
Evolution is getting 5 in Total, last i talked them

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

If you want a car that will make 1 pass and eject parts, sure, throw a whipple, 20psi amd slicks on a gt and run 9s for a day. But to do it right, your going to spend the same amount.

lmao, you trying to read through my post history for dirt now? Kinda sad... I snapped a bolt on an unneeded cover, then I cut the cover off because all it does is hold foam over the HPFP to reduce noise.

You can run 9's with close to the same PSI that the gt500 is coming with, 20psi would be stupid and short lived on the stock block.

It's funny you say cheap/fast/reliable, because A) a gt500 isn't cheap, B) 10's aren't fast anymore grandpa, and C) reliability is yet to be seen because your car doesn't even exist yet lol.

I can't wait to see the numerous threads on here a year from now about all you people whining that your car you payed $100K for cause dealer markups is puking oil out of the seals or has metal shavings in the oil pan. Let's not even get started on how reliable the transmission will be...

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Arnt you in Jersey? Ive seen at least 15 350s in the past 2 months alone
No I am in a suburb, 1 hour west of Philadelphia. Not many Shelby's running around here, the local Ford dealer doesn't even enroll in the Shelby program.

However, I do get to check out my buddies 18 350R once a month when I make the drive his way.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
lmao, you trying to read through my post history for dirt now? Kinda sad... I snapped a bolt on an unneeded cover, then I cut the cover off because all it does is hold foam over the HPFP to reduce noise.

You can run 9's with close to the same PSI that the gt500 is coming with, 20psi would be stupid and short lived on the stock block.

It's funny you say cheap/fast/reliable, because A) a gt500 isn't cheap, B) 10's aren't fast anymore grandpa, and C) reliability is yet to be seen because your car doesn't even exist yet lol.

I can't wait to see the numerous threads on here a year from now about all you people whining that your car you payed $100K for cause dealer markups is puking oil out of the seals or has metal shavings in the oil pan. Let's not even get started on how reliable the transmission will be...
Yes, i like to know the experience of people i converse with.

Show me a reliable no compromise in DD-ability, low 9 sec gt, and ill show you someone with 30-40k invested, in the retail market.
And it still wont have the appearance , appeal or overall driving experience of a similar equipped gt500.

If 10s arent fast, 9s arent fast. :)

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ues, i like.to know the experience of people i converse with.

Show me a reliable no compromise in DD-ability, low 9 sec gt, and ill show you someone with 30-40k invested, in the retail market.
And it sull wont have the appearance , appeal or overall driving experience of a similar equipped gt500.
You missed my whole point btw, it was a very simple one. Yes the GT500 will probably be a far superior platform to mod. Yes it is nice. Yes it's better in just about every way, only an idiot would try and argue otherwise.

But, don't get confused thinking that's the only way speed can be made. And money doesn't equal reliability btw, you have no idea how reliable the gt500 will be, stock or modified.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You missed my whole point btw, it was a very simple one. Yes the GT500 will probably be a far superior platform to mod. Yes it is nice. Yes it's better in just about every way, only an idiot why try and argue otherwise.

But, don't get confused thinking that's the only way speed can be made. And money doesn't equal reliability btw, you have no idea how reliable the gt500 will be, stock or modified.
Dont confuse a whippled gt and a gt500 then.
If you dont think reliability costs money, this must be your first rodeo.
Either you know how to do the work and save, you have hookups to get quality parts, or your going to spend $

What it takes and costs to get them to similar 1/4 are different, the end result, will be different.

I get it, u have a 10 second whippled gt. Awesome car. My gt500 will.do that stock, and even faster once modded.

Cheers

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, i like to know the experience of people i converse with.

And it still wont have the appearance , appeal or overall driving experience of a similar equipped gt500.

If 10s arent fast, 9s arent fast. :)
Come on son. You know nothing really about the actual performance of the Gt500 you just bought but you for sure know nothing about the 2018+ A10 GT.
Dont confuse a whippled gt and a gt500 then.
If you dont think reliability costs money, this must be your first rodeo.
Either you know how to do the work and save, you have hookups to get quality parts, or your going to spend $

What it takes and costs to get them to similar 1/4 are different, the end result, will be different.

I get it, u have a 10 second whippled gt. Awesome car. My gt500 will.do that stock, and even faster once modded.

Cheers
Actually it will probably be slower since Ford is saying sub 11 which is what NA Mustangs are doing with simple bolt on's for $3K.. Most blowers with a good custom tune can do low 10's. So for about 10-15K.

It will take years for aftermarket testing to find enough GT500 owners willing to mod and test their setup before serious numbers are posted. Much like it did with the Demon's, which what I have seen have very few in the low 9's let along 8's, and that's a dedicated drag setup with dedicated forced induction chillers. GT500 isn't in the same class on the Strip as the Demon so might be awhile.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.