Dealership ask for $75K and $100K ADM for GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not so sure a blower GT will take a GT500. It's not just the blower, but the GT500 will shift far faster than a manual GT will. Also the GT500 is buyilt with FI in mind. I believe it will take a HIGHLY modded GT to take a stock GT500.
Define highly modified. A blower and fuel system isn’t really complicated and can take a stock GT to the power of the gt500 or well beyond if you like to live dangerously.

Ford is basically saying the gt500 is a 10 second car in the 1/4 mile, blower gen 3 coyotes have been in the 8’s with stock longblock. Nice try.
Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I know that people can buy a 40k or 50k GT and put 30k or 40k worth of mods in it and have a great/very fast car. But again I am not buying a GT500 to sit and compare it to what a modded GT can or can't do. A GT500 brings with it a sense of exclusivity and components that are not practical to replicate. It wouldn't be cost wise to retrofit the DCT in the 500 or the flat plane crank in the GT350. Most of us aren't going to be in the street drag racing or at the drag track or road courses. For most of us it is a hobby not a competition.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I know that people can buy a 40k or 50k GT and put 30k or 40k worth of mods in it and have a great/very fast car. But again I am not buying a GT500 to sit and compare it to what a modded GT can or can't do. A GT500 brings with it a sense of exclusivity and components that are not practical to replicate. It wouldn't be cost wise to retrofit the DCT in the 500 or the flat plane crank in the GT350. Most of us aren't going to be in the street drag racing or at the drag track or road courses. For most of us it is a hobby not a competition.
Totally understandable. People find exclusivity in different ways. Some might find it in being one of a handful of people with an 8 second 2018+ mustang, others might find it by buying a rare version such as a gt500. Your numbers are a little off though as the scenario I was referencing involves a base GT (can be had for roughly $30k, not $40k-50k) and a blower and fuel system ($10k). So $40k and you have definitely 9 and possibly 8 second potential. That’s where my problem lies... buy a gt500 because it’s exclusive and rare and the barrier to entry is costly... don’t buy a gt500 because you think it can outdo a modified GT at half it’s price in a straight line, because you’ll be sadly mistaken. Corners are another story, which is exactly why I wouldn’t try to say that a slightly modified GT could easily out track a gt500 in a road course, because that’s not the case.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know that a Tesla will not have the rarified air of a GT500... so I'm not comparing that.

What I am comparing is the buying experience.... I bought a Tesla Model 3 with all the peformance stuff on it... from my freaking computer. They delivered it to my house. All I did was do a test drive about a month prior to that. I am being utter blunt in saying it was by far the best experience buying a car in my life. I did not have to haggle or worry about all these stupid undercoating protections, or screwing with financing on the back end where they try to do mark-ups and stuff. I did not have to deal with some lame salesman, then going to a "manager" and spending damn 4 hours to get off the lot with a freaking car.

The intelligent modern consumer does not NEED a sales man, there is absolutely no value in him in most cases if you researched your car. Same with the dealer and these ADM... is total boloney. But the fact is these dealers have massive power. In many states Tesla could not even set up to do business because the dealer ship lobbies created laws that protect the dealer ship. Its such a scam.

No this model willnot work for all companies. I'm just saying it was so cray easy, there were not price differentiations, no haggling, not assholes who change the deal at the last second. YOu just order what you want, that is the price and you get it. So it is a great model for what I did.... and I was literally blown away.
I get that you liked your Tesla buying experience, but you didn't trade another vehicle. It can be a big tax advantage trading vehicles rather than selling and buying separately. And if you didn't negotiate, maybe you paid too much. And if your car stops working it will be a pain to get it repaired over the internet. Dealers do offer advantages. Lots of them.

I believe I understand completely people who buy a Porsche aren't looking at a chevy that is what a corvette is just a chevy and those who buy a corvette aren't looking to buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.
I think car people look at the cars they can afford. I don't care as much about the brand name as I do price/performance. I'm a Ford guy but I own a Chevy now. I would own a Porsche if I felt they were a better value. I bet many people who have a Lambo or Ferrari also own a Corvette.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You’re going to have pull down , e85, and mod a 80k car, affecting your warranty, to beat a 40k with 8k blower. Wow it’s vastly superior. They’ll always be faster GTs at the strip due to cost, aftermarket availability, time in the field, and weight. Track is a different story. At least until the warranty period is up and guys like me get a hold it for half what you’re about to pay.
A vastly superior baseline car, yes. Yes, pulley, tune e85, fuel, exhaust, blower port.. yea, im modding it. Like i said, a stock motor GT will get gapped by a modded gt500. Fast cars respect fast cars.

Define highly modified. A blower and fuel system isn’t really complicated and can take a stock GT to the power of the gt500 or well beyond if you like to live dangerously.

Ford is basically saying the gt500 is a 10 second car in the 1/4 mile, blower gen 3 coyotes have been in the 8’s with stock longblock. Nice try.
Baseline. Starting point. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?
Fuel system and pulley on gt500 will easily handle comparable base GT.

If a 5.0 with 2650 can make 1k with a fuel system, why cant a lower compression larger motor do it? Answer: it can, easier

Nothing wromg with a modded gt, but given the option and ability, the gt500 is optimal platform

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
A vastly superior baseline car, yes. Yes, pulley, tune e85, fuel, exhaust, blower port.. yea, im modding it. Like i said, a stock motor GT will get gapped by a modded gt500. Fast cars respect fast cars.
Based upon Ford's estimates up 3.5 0-60 and high 10's it won't beat some N\A GT's out the gate. With stock motor Gt's running 8's and 9's I doubt that happens at 4200lbs. Demon's are having problems with heavily modded stock motor Gt's for the same reason Gt500's will.. It's heavy. Big 4200lb car just like the Demon. But I'm not sure that's the crowd that's buying this car. Personally if I had the money id buy this for fun and trash a GT at the track. I see this car as more of a collectors item. Unless they're seriously underselling the 1\4 mile and actual HP.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

Baseline. Starting point. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?
Fuel system and pulley on gt500 will easily handle comparable base GT.

If a 5.0 with 2650 can make 1k with a fuel system, why cant a lower compression larger motor do it? Answer: it can, easier

Nothing wromg with a modded gt, but given the option and ability, the gt500 is optimal platform

A stock 760HP track car that can be tuned under warranty is a beautiful thing!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that can be tuned under warranty
Warranty, warranty, warranty. What's with this slavish devotion to warranty? Are modern Fords (or 'performance' cars in general) really so badly built they have incessant problems that can't be chalked up to "stupid owner"? If so, for shame.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Based upon Ford's estimates up 3.5 0-60 and high 10's it won't beat some N\A GT's out the gate. With stock motor Gt's running 8's and 9's I doubt that happens at 4200lbs. Demon's are having problems with heavily modded stock motor Gt's for the same reason Gt500's will.. It's heavy. Big 4200lb car just like the Demon. But I'm not sure that's the crowd that's buying this car. Personally if I had the money id buy this for fun and trash a GT at the track. I see this car as more of a collectors item. Unless they're seriously underselling the 1\4 mile and actual HP.
Mod for mod, a gt500 will be faster. We can go down this road if you want, but read that carefully.

Mild modified, a gt500 will be faster, read that carefully

You dont know the 0-60, which itself is irrelevant, you dont know the 1/4 ET or mph, you dont know the weight.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mod for mod, a gt500 will be faster. We can go down this road if you want, but read that carefully.

Mild modified, a gt500 will be faster, read that carefully

You dont know the 0-60, which itself is irrelevant, you dont know the 1/4 ET or mph, you dont know the weight.
I'm going off of Ford's projections and what's been leaked on weight. They said the Gt would do under 4 secs 0-60 and it did. Just barely. they said the Gt would Do under 12 and it did, just barely. 18' A10 Stock of course. Why would anyone assume anything other than under 11 and 3.5 secs before plopping down, what this thread is about, $160K? It's a beauty though. I'd buy it just the looks and style alone, once the prince comes back to earth. Drive it for fun, take it shows, go to golf outings, impress my buddies, and build my GT for the strip. That's just my opinion based upon what's being released and the ridiculous up charges.

Sponsored

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Warranty, warranty, warranty. What's with this slavish devotion to warranty? Are modern Fords (or 'performance' cars in general) really so badly built they have incessant problems that can't be chalked up to "stupid owner"? If so, for shame.
No...cars today have so much power they are being pushed to the limits and things break. Period. The warranty is for manufacturing defects that become exposed under extreme conditions, not "stupid owner".

Street racing is nothing like driving on a circuit.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm going off of Ford's projections and what's been leaked on weight. They said the Gt would do under 4 secs 0-60 and it did. Just barely. they said the Gt would Do under 12 and it did, just barely. 18' A10 Stock of course. Why would anyone assume anything other than under 11 and 3.5 secs before plopping down, what this thread is about, $160K? It's a beauty though. I'd buy it just the looks and style alone, once the prince comes back to earth. Drive it for fun, take it shows, go to golf outings, impress my buddies, and build my GT for the strip. That's just my opinion based upon what's being released and the ridiculous up charges.
Again, you dont know any #'s, nothing's been "leaked"

Sub 11 means 10. Mid 3s is anyones guess and also irrelevant. Weight is absolutely unknown.
160k is another example of overexageration in attempt to bolster your view, which is wrong.
My car is 1/2 that price, out the door, tax and tags.

Nothing wrong with a whippled GT, but not the same car as a gt500, regardless of how "close " their 1/4 mile is.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Again, you dont know any #'s, nothing's been "leaked"

Sub 11 means 10. Mid 3s is anyones guess and also irrelevant. Weight is absolutely unknown.
160k is another example of overexageration in attempt to bolster your view, which is wrong.
My car is 1/2 that price, out the door, tax and tags.

Nothing wrong with a whippled GT, but not the same car as a gt500, regardless of how "close " their 1/4 mile is.
good lord dude. That's literally what the thread is about. It's my dealer (the OP) is asking $180K. When talking about price the next logical step is if it's worth it at that price. that's where the gt comments came in. When talking about price you're obviously going to compare to other cars and their performance at various price points. The C8 is coming in at sticker and the performance statements are equal to a modded GT N\A and a less than a blown 9 sec gt, which btw, many users on here have. So yeah what the OP is listing is going to raise some eyebrows. Sorry if you thought this was a GT is better than a Gt500 thread and you had defend that premise. Don't think anyone is saying that.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
ahem 5000 units/yr or any number close to that (even round down to 3000/yr) is not a limited production. less than 500 cars is getting into "collectible" territory.

I watch Mecum Auctions from time to time and sure sometimes somebody pays $$$$ for a car that isn't worth the extra dosh. And then future sellers try to ask for the same high-water mark and the buyers shrug and walk away till the price comes back to "reasonable".

If this dealer can sell just one car for the stated ADM (or anything north of the usual and customary 20k) he's going to laugh all the way to the bank. Unfortunately I doubt he's going to reward all his staff with a share of the winnings. Then again maybe he needs a new expansion to his service shop and this is one easy way to pay for it.

Limited production is just a Terminology at this point , it’s not like you won’t be able to find a GT500 for sale, it’s not like it’s a cobra r or something. They use the “limited production” for a few things
1) no A, X, Z plan
2) no discounts of any kind unless it’s way way way later and has been sitting
3) the dealerships can mark up the damn price because it’s LiMiTeD pRoDucTioN
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.