Dealers Selling at MSRP ? ? ? ?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
so you cant answer the questions? smelling sorta trollish in here now
To the best of my knowledge, I answered your questions.

The GT500 carbon fiber track pack car will slay the C8 Z51 on the track.
Fact.
...and you know this how? Certainly, we all hope it will.
Sponsored

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
What dealership?

0-60 means nothing to real track & car people, you would understand this if you were one.That you dont understand the draw to the gt350, shines that point even more

Do you think a z51 will outperform the gt500? how so, in what regards? What cars do you feel the z51 package is tied with, if its beating the gt500?

at 80k, i was in your same boat. so you have to decide what your wants with the car are. i was shopping 997s/used 991's, gt350. I wont go german again. So the combined draw of v8, rwd, dct and supercharged, with a backseat for dad duties, its a no brainer. Plus i know i will modify cars, and mustangs, although not "cheaper" a broader market for more options and faster &D
My 2013 that I still have was MSRP at Malouf Ford. The 2020 GT 500 I just ordered at MSRP was Lawrenceville Ford

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
0-60 means nothing to real track & car people, you would understand this if you were one.That you dont understand the draw to the gt350, shines that point even more

Do you think a z51 will outperform the gt500? how so, in what regards? What cars do you feel the z51 package is tied with, if its beating the gt500?
lol... so pure, much elite. IMO, unless Ford has really pulled a rabbit out of their hat the Z51 C8 will beat the GT500 on the track. Better balance, lighter, faster.

Again, IMO, the majority of GT500 buyers are dragstrip guys, not track guys. That was the case with the S197 car and I don't expect it to change this time around. Maybe there will be more track oriented owners this time, but I think that most people wanting to track a Mustang already own a GT350.

Of course, most GT500s will be garage queens dedicated to the cars and coffee circuit.
To the best of my knowledge, I answered your questions.

So your knowledge doesnt say anything about:
1.Do you think a Z51 will outperform a base GT500
2.What areas will the C8 outperform the GT500
3.What other cars are EQUAL to Z51 C8

You answered none of them. please try again

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
lol, have a nice day. I swear.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Be patient, a significant amount of folks are switching to the C8 and I’m sure the ADM’s is one of the reasons, demand for this will slow quickly in my opinion. ADM’s kills Ford every time, their dealers are the worst.
It's my understanding that GM dealers arn't above ADM either. 5th generation Z28 and ZL1 had ADM but in the end dealers had difficulty moving them.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
ADM's are going to be the rule with the C8 Corvette, remember they are only going to make 35,000, compared to jelly bean production, this will be a very rare car.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
ADM's are going to be the rule with the C8 Corvette, remember they are only going to make 35,000, compared to jelly bean production, this will be a very rare car.
Agreed. Everyone on this forum that has been saying, “I’m not paying an ADM for a GT500, I’m going to go get a C8.” are going to be quite upset when they see the ADMs on the C8. I’m sure some people will get them at MSRP. But after the novelty wears off, and there are 30,000 of these things rolling around, they will regret not getting the most powerful car Ford has ever made.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
My 2013 that I still have was MSRP at Malouf Ford. The 2020 GT 500 I just ordered at MSRP was Lawrenceville Ford
nice I will keep those 2 in mind..

I can only imagine how big the ADM is at a volume dealer in the area like all american or Fette is... yikes ...

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Agreed. Everyone on this forum that has been saying, “I’m not paying an ADM for a GT500, I’m going to go get a C8.” are going to be quite upset when they see the ADMs on the C8. I’m sure some people will get them at MSRP. But after the novelty wears off, and there are 30,000 of these things rolling around, they will regret not getting the most powerful car Ford has ever made.

Eh I think the main difference is that ADMs will most likely subside as 8th gen Corvette manufacturing continues, while ADMs will remain and only slight drop through the rest of the S550 GT500 cycle..

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
It's my understanding that GM dealers arn't above ADM either. 5th generation Z28 and ZL1 had ADM but in the end dealers had difficulty moving them.
they tried the same game with every recent GM performance car, but they NEVER have the demand nor the marketing to keep it up... I remember the markups on the Z/28 back in 2013 , remember how we all balked at a $60-70+k muscle car back then, then leftovers were sitting past the introduction of the 6th gen camaro ...

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Eh I think the main difference is that ADMs will most likely subside as 8th gen Corvette manufacturing continues, while ADMs will remain and only slight drop through the rest of the S550 GT500 cycle..
Will be very happy to see the ADMs evaporate when and if the economy slows.
Hope this bites the dealers in the ass. Pure greed.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
They are actually starting a second shift at Bowling Green straight from day one of production of the C8. Supply is not going to be a problem except for the first few months perhaps, as initial demand is obviously high as well.

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
There are tons of dealers selling the C8 for MSRP, anyone that pays an ADM did zero research. The biggest dealers in the country are all MSRP.

2007 will repeat, all the folks that have to get the GT500 first will eat that ADM in resale value after 1 year or so. Sorry no car is worth that, it’s bad enough cars depreciate so quickly, adding an ADM that has proven out to be unsustainable means you have way more money then I do to burn. Maybe if I didn’t have a family it wouldn’t matter to me, but I’d much rather take an extra vacation to Hawaii for the same price and wait a year.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
MSRP is the going rate for the C8 Vette. Sure there are a few Chevy dealers that will ask for ADMs but all but one I personally checked with were at MSRP. The only variation was how much some dealers wanted down vs others.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Some dealers are at ADM's for the C8. Will have to wait and see how many in this area can remain there.

As for the Z06 varient, it is still unknown what that car will be, and HOW MUCH will it be. If the C8 comes in at 120k+ is it a huge value over a GT500 ? The current Z06 comes in at 93~95K ? Of course you have discounts galore now, but it will be interesting to see what this C8 Z06 will have and how much will it be.

Heck the C8 Z06 could go back to being N/A....That could be very interesting.
Sponsored