Dealers Selling at MSRP ? ? ? ?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
These are both amazing cars. I’m just not sure I understand why someone would be cross shopping them. Why would it be a toss up between a front engined four seater muscle car and a mid-engined two seater sports car?

I can understand the logic of comparing the GT500 to a Camaro ZL1 1LE, but the C8 comparison doesn’t make sense.

If you really wanted to have a sports-car, and arguably with a Z06 version of the C8 - a true American supercar, why would you even entertain placing an order on a GT500? When you placed your order for the GT500 the day it opened, you had to have known by then that Chevy was making the C8. You are a car enthusiast.
Why is it difficult to imagine? I've been strongly into fords the last decade. All my vehicles are fords
Like the C8 the CFTP is a two seater. I never considered the 4 seat GT500.
The C8 Z06 and GT500 should have similar power levels, both DCT. The deciding factor for me is looks and balance of the C8.
I have a 350R already, and after weighing the time frame i'd own the GT500 before the Z06 comes, it wouldn't be wise to keep it 6 months to a year before trading out.
Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Why is it difficult to imagine? I've been strongly into fords the last decade. All my vehicles are fords
The C8 Z06 and GT500 should have similar power levels, both DCT. The deciding factor for me is looks and balance of the C8.
I have a 350R already, and after weighing the time frame i'd own the GT500 before the Z06 comes, it wouldn't be wise to keep it 6 months to a year before trading out.
Makes sense. I’m glad someone else can enjoy the GT500 you passed on. Again, both will be amazing cars. Enjoy the Z06, it will no doubt be an aggressive beast.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Same here.. Ford won’t have anything for a C8 zo6 and for the value, it can’t be beat.
Elaborate on this "value" you speak of

Your stance makes sense. Not only because you already have a manual car, but because you use them as track cars, in 2 seated configuration, and are going for a comparable performance tier, ie z06, and understand that it will be $6 figures, much like your CFTP would have been.

Other peoples opinions are based off of misinterpreted information however.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
For me, I’d much rather have a GT500 than a Corvette. The Mustang has always spoken to me more.

But the announced pricing for the 500 really hurts in my opinion.

The C8 is the first Corvette I’d consider but only an FI version. The base power doesn’t do it for me. I do dig the styling however. Normally Corvettes just look a bit off to my eye.

So I’m not passing judgement yet until I see what the performance versions of the C8 do and what they cost.

I have a feeling Ford prices the 500 with pent up demand in mind and was surprised by the clever way C8 pricing was announced.

Even so, I expect pricing to shift and the ADMs to come down much faster than normal.

But then again, I’m also waiting for the KR.

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
I'm in central NJ and had no problem at all ordering 2020 GT500...at MSRP. I was in the dealership the day after the order banks opened...spoke with the dealership owner and because I was a previous client sold me his first allocation at MSRP. I ordered the exact car I wanted. Not all Ford dealers are greedy. I bought my 2013 GT 500 at another dealer in NJ and received that car at MSRP as well. Both these dealers were small to medium sized and sold a lot of trucks....not many performance cars. Just be persistent and you can get what you want.

Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Elaborate on this "value" you speak of

Your stance makes sense. Not only because you already have a manual car, but because you use them as track cars, in 2 seated configuration, and are going for a comparable performance tier, ie z06, and understand that it will be $6 figures, much like your CFTP would have been.

Other peoples opinions are based off of misinterpreted information however.
Makes complete sense for what he is looking at achieving with the C8.

I just always thought the Mustang competed with the Camaro. I understand that the ZL1 1LE will be upstaged handily by the GT500, so maybe that’s why some people are incorrectly comparing the GT500 with a C8. I just don’t understand the comparison. I get the pricing on the C8 is awesome for the performance, but that doesn’t make a Corvette a competitor with a Mustang.

It would be the same logic as anyone comparing the GT500 to the discontinued Viper. The GT500 competes against the ZL1 1LE and the Hellcat RedEye, not the C8.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It would be the same logic as anyone comparing the GT500 to the discontinued Viper. The GT500 competes against the ZL1 1LE and the Hellcat RedEye, not the C8.
Not at the current price point. A 2LT C8 w/Z51 will be at or below the price of the GT500, and it will out perform the Mustang. Heck, I don't understand how people are justifying a GT350 purchase vs the C8 at this point, let alone a GT500.

You know, the non-Z51 C8 0-60 time is supposed to be in the mid 3 second range, so if the 3.4 second 0-60 number I've seen for the GT500 is even close to right, a non-Z51 C8 will equal it for 0-60 performance. Just a thought.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is more to a car than a single 0-60 metric. Just like the 500, I'd like to see all the numbers.

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
The Comparison is based on price, not that they are the same type of car. Many, myself included, want a weekend fun car and price range opens up many different types of cars. I’m debating the GT500, Red Eye, C8, M3/4 and several used cars like the 911, GT4, Mercedes AMG-GT, Audi R8, and Viper. Maybe even the Lexus LC500.

They are all priced about the same, I’ve had many different cars and I like to change it up, they all have their strengths and opportunities. That said they are all great cars. So far my 911 was the closest to doing almost everything great for a weekend toy. Currently I have a Shelby and an S2000, I honestly don’t have time for 2 weekend cars so I’m debating selling both and getting something in the $80K price range.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm in central NJ and had no problem at all ordering 2020 GT500...at MSRP. I was in the dealership the day after the order banks opened...spoke with the dealership owner and because I was a previous client sold me his first allocation at MSRP. I ordered the exact car I wanted. Not all Ford dealers are greedy. I bought my 2013 GT 500 at another dealer in NJ and received that car at MSRP as well. Both these dealers were small to medium sized and sold a lot of trucks....not many performance cars. Just be persistent and you can get what you want.
What dealership?

Not at the current price point. A 2LT C8 w/Z51 will be at or below the price of the GT500, and it will out perform the Mustang. Heck, I don't understand how people are justifying a GT350 purchase vs the C8 at this point, let alone a GT500.

You know, the non-Z51 C8 0-60 time is supposed to be in the mid 3 second range, so if the 3.4 second 0-60 number I've seen for the GT500 is even close to right, a non-Z51 C8 will equal it for 0-60 performance. Just a thought.

0-60 means nothing to real track & car people, you would understand this if you were one.That you dont understand the draw to the gt350, shines that point even more

Do you think a z51 will outperform the gt500? how so, in what regards? What cars do you feel the z51 package is tied with, if its beating the gt500?

The Comparison is based on price, not that they are the same type of car. Many, myself included, want a weekend fun car and price range opens up many different types of cars. I’m debating the GT500, Red Eye, C8, M3/4 and several used cars like the 911, GT4, Mercedes AMG-GT, Audi R8, and Viper. Maybe even the Lexus LC500.

They are all priced about the same, I’ve had many different cars and I like to change it up, they all have their strengths and opportunities. That said they are all great cars. So far my 911 was the closest to doing almost everything great for a weekend toy. Currently I have a Shelby and an S2000, I honestly don’t have time for 2 weekend cars so I’m debating selling both and getting something in the $80K price range.
at 80k, i was in your same boat. so you have to decide what your wants with the car are. i was shopping 997s/used 991's, gt350. I wont go german again. So the combined draw of v8, rwd, dct and supercharged, with a backseat for dad duties, its a no brainer. Plus i know i will modify cars, and mustangs, although not "cheaper" a broader market for more options and faster &D

Sponsored

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
What dealership?

0-60 means nothing to real track & car people, you would understand this if you were one.That you dont understand the draw to the gt350, shines that point even more

Do you think a z51 will outperform the gt500? how so, in what regards? What cars do you feel the z51 package is tied with, if its beating the gt500?

at 80k, i was in your same boat. so you have to decide what your wants with the car are. i was shopping 997s/used 991's, gt350. I wont go german again. So the combined draw of v8, rwd, dct and supercharged, with a backseat for dad duties, its a no brainer. Plus i know i will modify cars, and mustangs, although not "cheaper" a broader market for more options and faster &D
Funny you mention back seat, my boys love cars and they are 13, that will more then likely scratch half the cars off my list. It might just come down to GT500 or Red Eye. Or I can just keep what I have, the S2000 is actually going up in Value. I took the boys for a ride in the Shelby yesterday, they don’t want me to sell it. I just love all the updated tech and interiors are so much nicer now.

If not for all of the GT350 oil burning issues I probably would’ve bought one already.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST

lol... so pure, much elite. IMO, unless Ford has really pulled a rabbit out of their hat the Z51 C8 will beat the GT500 on the track. Better balance, lighter, faster.

Again, IMO, the majority of GT500 buyers are dragstrip guys, not track guys. That was the case with the S197 car and I don't expect it to change this time around. Maybe there will be more track oriented owners this time, but I think that most people wanting to track a Mustang already own a GT350.

Of course, most GT500s will be garage queens dedicated to the cars and coffee circuit.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Interested in a base GT500 for sticker price if any dealer is on here. Thanks

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
lol... so pure, much elite. IMO, unless Ford has really pulled a rabbit out of their hat the Z51 C8 will beat the GT500 on the track. Better balance, lighter, faster.

Again, IMO, the majority of GT500 buyers are dragstrip guys, not track guys. That was the case with the S197 car and I don't expect it to change this time around. Maybe there will be more track oriented owners this time, but I think that most people wanting to track a Mustang already own a GT350.

Of course, most GT500s will be garage queens dedicated to the cars and coffee circuit.
so you cant answer the questions? smelling sorta trollish in here now

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

The GT500 carbon fiber track pack car will slay the C8 Z51 on the track.
Fact.
Sponsored