Dealers Selling at MSRP ? ? ? ?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Be patient, a significant amount of folks are switching to the C8 and I’m sure the ADM’s is one of the reasons, demand for this will slow quickly in my opinion. ADM’s kills Ford every time, their dealers are the worst.
Some will back out for a number of circumstances. But, ADMs didn’t clear out easily, so doubt it will be soon
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Agreed that the C8 is causing a great amount of buzz. However, I don’t think a single person who found a dealer that was guaranteed an allocation, specked and ordered a GT500 and received a DORA (even without a VIN) actually cancelled that order because of the C8 announcement. If you are the type of enthusiast who buys a GT500, you knew the C8 ME was coming out, no big surprise. Maybe the price was a little surprise, but after the Z51 package and the upgrade options that would match the STANDARD features of the GT500, the prices will be even.

There may have been some people “on the fence”, but at this point, the decision has essentially been made for them. So they are posturing about “switching to a C8” because they think they will be saving money (which they won’t), or because their local dealer didn’t save an allocation for them.

I completely agree with you though, ADMs really kill the entire buying experience.
Standard options OTD on the 500 is the $80s. Z51 is 25k jump from 60k?
Oh, And corvette will be discounted at some point.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
First there are no such things as “Standard options”. Things are “standard” or they are an “option”. The GT500 comes STANDARD with magnetic suspension, heated and cooled seats, 20” wheels, upgraded brakes and calipers, rear spoiler and active exhaust.

The C8, OTD with the Z51 package, tax, title, magnetic ride suspension, heated and cooled seats. That could easily reach $80k+ OTD.

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
First there are no such things as “Standard options”. Things are “standard” or they are an “option”. The GT500 comes STANDARD with magnetic suspension, heated and cooled seats, 20” wheels, upgraded brakes and calipers, rear spoiler and active exhaust.

The C8, OTD with the Z51 package, tax, title, magnetic ride suspension, heated and cooled seats. That could easily reach $80k+ OTD.
I don’t see that, maybe the 3LT will be $80’s, but then you’re talking a C8 significantly more loaded then you’re able to get the GT500.

The Corvette is cheaper then the Mustang equally equipped and it doesn’t have ADM’s, if you think no one is going to jump sides you’re out of your mind, there are already folks that had the GT500 at MSRP that have changed to the C8.

Ford ultimately hurts themselves with ADM’s, look at the Boss 302, ADM’s drove demand in the ground, same with the recent Bullitt. How about the Focus RS, they couldn’t give them away at the end meanwhile VW was selling every Golf R it could build. If not for ADM’s the Boss and RS would’ve sold much faster and Ford wouldn’t look at it as a flop.

Also many are brand loyal, that person that switches to a C8 has a much greater chance of ending up with a GM Truck/Daily Driver then if they bought a GT500.

Time will tell but my bet is 2021 cars will have little to no ADM’s, I give it one year. Meanwhile GM and Chrysler will get many folks switching to their brand buying the ZL1, C8, Red Eye, and such.

Here is one fact that isn’t debatable it is a Fantastic time in history to be a Car-guy!!!!

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh, corvette w

thanks. I meant standard features. The 500 will be basic for the price of an optioned Z51. The nose lift is one. 500 optioned out is 110+. I’m interested in knowing the GG tax on the corvette vs 2400 on 500.

Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t see that, maybe the 3LT will be $80’s, but then you’re talking a C8 significantly more loaded then you’re able to get the GT500.

The Corvette is cheaper then the Mustang equally equipped and it doesn’t have ADM’s, if you think no one is going to jump sides you’re out of your mind, there are already folks that had the GT500 at MSRP that have changed to the C8.

Ford ultimately hurts themselves with ADM’s, look at the Boss 302, ADM’s drove demand in the ground, same with the recent Bullitt. How about the Focus RS, they couldn’t give them away at the end meanwhile VW was selling every Golf R it could build. If not for ADM’s the Boss and RS would’ve sold much faster and Ford wouldn’t look at it as a flop.

Also many are brand loyal, that person that switches to a C8 has a much greater chance of ending up with a GM Truck/Daily Driver then if they bought a GT500.

Time will tell but my bet is 2021 cars will have little to no ADM’s, I give it one year. Meanwhile GM and Chrysler will get many folks switching to their brand buying the ZL1, C8, Red Eye, and such.

Here is one fact that isn’t debatable it is a Fantastic time in history to be a Car-guy!!!!
“Here is one fact that isn’t debatable it is a Fantastic time in history to be a Car-guy!!!!”

AGREED! :rockon:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Amen brother! Awesome time. Maybe I can have both some day. I will wait one year to see if ADM clears cuz I’m a Shelby guy and I like having a back seat.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Oh, corvette w

thanks. I meant standard features. The 500 will be basic for the price of an optioned Z51. The nose lift is one. 500 optioned out is 110+. I’m interested in knowing the GG tax on the corvette vs 2400 on 500.
The price for the Z51 option for a 2019 Corvette C7 Stingray is $5000 and it looks like it doesn't have a Gas Guzzler Tax. The Gas Guzzler Tax on the 2020 GT500 is $2600.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agreed that the C8 is causing a great amount of buzz. However, I don’t think a single person who found a dealer that was guaranteed an allocation, specked and ordered a GT500 and received a DORA (even without a VIN) actually cancelled that order because of the C8 announcement. If you are the type of enthusiast who buys a GT500, you knew the C8 ME was coming out, no big surprise. Maybe the price was a little surprise, but after the Z51 package and the upgrade options that would match the STANDARD features of the GT500, the prices will be even.

There may have been some people “on the fence”, but at this point, the decision has essentially been made for them. So they are posturing about “switching to a C8” because they think they will be saving money (which they won’t), or because their local dealer didn’t save an allocation for them.

I completely agree with you though, ADMs really kill the entire buying experience.
You would be wrong (order placed the day banks opened), I'm one of them, but im waiting for the Z06 instead

Last edited:

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
You would be wrong, I'm one of them, but im waiting for the Z06 instead
I am another still debating it, I was dead set on the New GT500, now I’m looking C8 and possibly the Red Eye. I’ve seen dozens of folks going down the same road, bottom line is ford hit a Home Run, but then GM hit a Grand Slam.

At MSRP I wouldn’t get a Red Eye over the GT500, but with ADM’s on GT500 and discounts on the Red Eye the difference is over $20K and that’s considering only a $10-15K ADM on GT500. The Red Eye in that case is a significantly better buy IMO.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
With 15k off Z06 now down to 70k, hope for same in outgoing 20MY
It will be some time before the C8 z06 comes down 15K. I'll buy first year at MSRP, all cars lose money, so I'll lose if I trade it in... but the direction cars are heading(electric), it could be my final keeper.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
am another still debating it, I was dead set on the New GT500, now I’m looking C8 and possibly the Red Eye. I’ve seen dozens of folks going down the same road, bottom line is ford hit a Home Run, but then GM hit a Grand Slam.

At MSRP I wouldn’t get a Red Eye over the GT500, but with ADM’s on GT500 and discounts on the Red Eye the difference is over $20K and that’s considering only a $10-15K ADM on GT500. The Red Eye in that case is a significantly better buy IMO.
I had similar thoughts about the red eye, but after some research I don't think the build quality and interior quality will match up to the GT500. And no one seriously considers any hellcat to be a track car. MSRP vs. MSRP (once you spec out the red eye to match the GT500) they are the same price. I know ford dealers are marking up while dodge are marking down, but that's partially recovered in resale value. The GT500 is ~500 lbs lighter and not the size of a boat.

Personally I'm willing to pay an additional 20k for those qualities. Although being able to get a red eye right now in the summer (instead of winter for the 500) is awfully tempting.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would be wrong (order placed the day banks opened), I'm one of them, but im waiting for the Z06 instead
These are both amazing cars. I’m just not sure I understand why someone would be cross shopping them. Why would it be a toss up between a front engined four seater muscle car and a mid-engined two seater sports car?

I can understand the logic of comparing the GT500 to a Camaro ZL1 1LE, but the C8 comparison doesn’t make sense.

If you really wanted to have a sports-car, and arguably with a Z06 version of the C8 - a true American supercar, why would you even entertain placing an order on a GT500? When you placed your order for the GT500 the day it opened, you had to have known by then that Chevy was making the C8. You are a car enthusiast.
Sponsored