Sponsored

Dealers ordering Black or Grey R's in Florida

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've been in the hunt for an R for a long time, and there's one thing I've noticed... it seems like most of my in-state dealers are ordering Black or Grey R's for unsold cars coming in. As a matter of fact, the only R's I seen in person at dealers over the past year for sale have been either Black or Grey, with the exception of Tom's Yellow R.

Last April/May, there were about 10 R's available in the central/Southern Florida area via the Ford Inventory search tool, and 8 of them were black. I figured it was just how everyone decided to order at the time.

Since the 2018's are starting to pop up in the Ford Inventory search tool as "dealer ordered", I decided to do a search in Florida again to see what's coming in... and guess what? Here's what popped up- 14 R's inbound all Black or Grey!!

Why do I care? Because like many, I would consider buying 2 R's (there is no way I'm giving up my order). And I can't help but notice that all I've seen over the past year in stock at dealers is black or grey!!

Anyways, just an observation on the market. I'm curious as to what you guys think and what you're seeing in your area. The funny thing? When I set a poll up on what colors people on this forum would order a 2018 R in, black was one of the low percentage colors for what people wanted. :confused:
IMG_8416.jpg
IMG_8417.jpg
1a (1).jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Here's the poll on which colors people would order/buy for 2018 as a refresher:
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 1.04.16 PM.jpg

Accel Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, R32 GTR, Fiesta ST
Could be a default order color? I work for an OEM and all of our allocations are black until the dealer enters their initial configuration.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I also work at a dealer. 99.99% of the raptors/ shelbys ordered for stock are black. My guess is colors like black/white/red are (historically speaking) easiest to sell. Me, personally would never want to own black from an upkeep perspective, but my guess is you have a better chance to sell black than like comp orange, or yellow...or even the new orange...and maybe its what the dealer thinks people want vs what they actually want.

Sponsored

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm from Central Florida and have noticed the same thing. I love my Shadow Black 350. It reflects colors in photos nicely and when clean looks so damn good. I've had several white cars: Cayman R, FRS, C7 z51, so wanted something different. However! Now I'm looking for an R, and I want Oxford white with Blue or Black stripes! Go figure.
Not sure why, but the R looks better in a lighter color for some reason. Maybe because of the wing?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I've been in the hunt for an R for a long time, and there's one thing I've noticed... it seems like most of my in-state dealers are ordering Black or Grey R's for unsold cars coming in. As a matter of fact, the only R's I seen in person at dealers over the past year for sale have been either Black or Grey, with the exception of Tom's Yellow R.

Last April/May, there were about 10 R's available in the central/Southern Florida area via the Ford Inventory search tool, and 8 of them were black. I figured it was just how everyone decided to order at the time.

Since the 2018's are starting to pop up in the Ford Inventory search tool as "dealer ordered", I decided to do a search in Florida again to see what's coming in... and guess what? Here's what popped up- 14 R's inbound all Black or Grey!!

Why do I care? Because like many, I would consider buying 2 R's (there is no way I'm giving up my order). And I can't help but notice that all I've seen over the past year in stock at dealers is black or grey!!

Anyways, just an observation on the market. I'm curious as to what you guys think and what you're seeing in your area. The funny thing? When I set a poll up on what colors people on this forum would order a 2018 R in, black was one of the low percentage colors for what people wanted. :confused:
Maybe its just me but I have a hard time believing that Florida already has 14 inbound 2018MY R models at this very early date.

I could be wrong but of the 14 cars listed I would suggest that only 1 of these inbound cars is an R model.

Something does not look right here!

:shrug:

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Maybe its just me but I have a hard time believing that Florida already has 14 inbound 2018MY R models at this very early date.

I could be wrong but of the 14 cars listed I would suggest that only 1 of these inbound cars is an R model.

Something does not look right here!

:shrug:
That list is a combo of both the last of the 2017's and the ordered/inbound 2018's. Sorry for the confusion. But the point is, everything coming in is black or grey. :D

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I've noticed the same thing and really wasn't even trying to pay attention to color.. it just seems like there's a lot of them out there. I've had a few dealers tell me that they have info that "everyone wants black or grey". I've owned black in the past and it certainly is a high maintenance color (especially if you're OCD like me). But it shows dirt fast and waxing was a beotch with swirls always being something I had to be careful of. I respect the guys that own black, it's just not a color for some of us.

These are the same out of touch dealers that are asking $20-$30K over because their "inside source" told them that's what they sell for!! Dealers overthink the market and what to order and just try to be safe I think.

I was looking on Ebay over the weekend for R's, and there is no shortage of Black R's.. I saw a buy it now for a new one at about $7K over.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That list is a combo of both the last of the 2017's and the ordered/inbound 2018's. Sorry for the confusion. But the point is, everything coming in is black or grey. :D
No worries about any confusion.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page with respect to the number of R models on their way into your beautiful state.

From what I can tell of those 14 inbound cars listed 1 is a 2017 GT350 and 12 are 2018 GT350's along with 1 2018 GT350R.

:cheers:

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries about any confusion.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page with respect to the number of R models on their way into your beautiful state.

From what I can tell of those 14 inbound cars listed 1 is a 2017 GT350 and 12 are 2018 GT350's along with 1 2018 GT350R.

:cheers:
No those are all R's. Look at the prices (they are MSRP prices from the Ford website not mark up prices).

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yup. I've come to learn that almost every dealer lists the 350R as a 350. Even on eBay. Not sure if it is because of ignorance, or that their forms are missing "350R" in the drop down lists.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
something isnt right there. GT350R Vins start 1FATP8J

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
No those are all R's. Look at the prices (they are MSRP prices from the Ford website not mark up prices).
Is the 2017 model listed not an R model?

Sure looks like it to me?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the 2017 model listed not an R model?

Sure looks like it to me?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm not sure we're looking at the same thing. I'm looking at the photographs posted in the OP's 1st post, and all of the MSRP's are in the $68K-$69K range and they all look like R's to me. They clearly state GT350R also. Unless I'm missing something here? :shrug:
Sponsored