Sponsored

Dealer wants to buy my Mustang

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well, I left WNC to get my '17 Grabber Blue Mustang.
There was a X-Roads dealer in Morganton, NC where the sales folk were total jerks; not
to mention the Ford dealer in Hickory. (neither one would honor the $4000 price off of Ford cars)
So, I went to Pickens, SC and got a GREAT deal!!!!!!!

(if I can talk wifey into a new Bronco, guess where I'll go)
Man that ford dealer in Hickory plays some games. Told me one price ( I still got the e-mails) I told them I didnt want to drive all way there and not make a deal. Was told no no games. I take day off girlfriend takes day off we drive the hour there and in 10 mins ... the car we wanted was um sold and the price was now 6k more for a similar car. Look at their reviews this seems to be a common thing they do. We left, got similar runarounds from all the dealers in area. So we went to SC no games and got a car for our price and in almost no time invloved. OH that Morganton dealer and the one in hickory... yeah owned by same people. Yeah us too all our next cars will be from SC
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
All those emails and letters are sales tactics they don’t actually specifically want anyone’s vehicle it’s just to draw business in. With that being said it doesn't mean you can’t get the numbers you want. Just understand that it’s nothing more than a spam email or junk mail
This, 100%. I get these almost weekly. I get calls from local Ford dealers every couple weeks. Right about the start of the 'Rona, the dealer I bought from called me with one of these offers, saying that they could get me into a 2020 GT for about the same monthly. I asked what options they had available, and they weren't willing to talk specific options packages, just a "2020 GT". At the time, they had had a 2018 GT350 sitting in their showroom for like a year, $5k over MSRP. I told him that if they gave me an invoice deal on that, I'd think about it.

Never got a call back. They sold the GT350 a few weeks later. No clue if it had ADM when it sold.

Before going to the dealer plug your vehicle data into vroom.com and carvana.com to see what they will buy them for straight out. Was amazed the other day when I went to both on mine and carvana was $4K higher than vroom.
I've never tried this, but I just did. Carvana offered $27,000, whereas Vroom was $22,500. That's a crazy difference, unless maybe Carvana gives you an inflated offer, then bumps it down before the purchase.

JR

Last edited:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I've never tried this, but I just did. Carvana offered $27,000, whereas Vroom was $22,500. That's a crazy difference, unless maybe Carvana gives you an inflated offer, then bumps it down before the purchase.

JR
what vehicle do you have? Year, make, model? And options?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Check my signature. 2016 GT Premium/PP/Nav/Security Package/Premier Trim.
Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 7.01.28 AM.png

JR
Not bad for a 4 year old car.
I just got my 19 brand new and it’s only worth like 32... so guess I need to hang onto it for a couple of years lol...

Guess the value goes down slower after the 1st year or 2.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justpassingas

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
UPDATE: Just came from the dealer and they offered me $16k which was in my ball park and got me listening but I told him you'll make it up on the other end. I asked him how much are you going to discount MSRP is the question...My car and how much out the door? There are no Mustang GT Premiums available to my liking anywhere, we came close looking but, so the plan was to order a 2020....Salesman comes back and informs me Ford is no longer taking orders on 2020 Mustangs and they haven't announced when they'll start taking orders for 21's sooooo I'll call you when they do. Sit & wait I guess. I think if I could have ordered one today I would've bought it.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Man that ford dealer in Hickory plays some games.
I bought my 2018 from Clowninger in Hickory. Instead of beating them up on price I decided since FMCC was offering 0% for 72mo I'd get maximum cash out on finacing through FMCC.

I figured I could get 7,750 cash back on a car that stickered $43,3xx.

Their 1st counter offer was $44xx and they sed they could not see where I could get anywhere near 7k back since I was financing thru FMCC I could not get the rebates.

I took their offer sheet and immediately saw where they were screwing up. THey offered ZERO Stealer discount and were working off the full MSRP,, I hammered them on the discount and man they acted like I was crazy thinking dealers were knocking 4k off Mustangs.

I pulled out my phone and showed em' an offer from Hawthorne Ford with a 4600 discount on a 48k MSRP ... The 'sales manager' took a while and eventually came out and showed me their 2nd offer, Out of kindness ,, or more likely thinking I'm stupid,, Offered 55xx cash back.

At that point I sed there's no point in wasting anymore of our time, I'm going to Hawthorne.

Then a "regional sales manager' who was "there" asked me what the problem was an I told him straight up that nearly every freaking Ford dealer in the SouthEast was offering 4K+ off as a dealer discount +rebates so I'm going where the deal will get done.

He asked me what deal I was looking for, took my work sheet and sed he'd look at, 20minutes later the sales guy came out and sed they redid the numbers and I could get 0% for 72 and $74xx cash back.

I sed I knew you were stroking me.

I've been pricing new Mustangs to replace my dead Gen3 and CHRIST all the local dealers have lost their collective minds on 2020 pricing,

I've actually started looking at the 1SS Camaro's, Chevy dealers are offering 7k+ off those without arguing at all, OTD pricing is nearly 5K better on the Camaro.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
All the dealerships are completely sold out of everything in my area

3 months straight. A lot of unemployment people buying cars tbh. Crazy

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah my MSRP was 49k. I got a fair deal on my trade in so I thought... for what it was and what had happened.
Then on the 5oh they took off about 16%... with rebates and discounts. Not a bad price.
However this was before 0% and they offered me 3.69 for 84 months.
I did a reFI with my CU for 72 months at 2.49 w/financing credit.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Buying a car, Harley, house or airplane.

If you are happy with the price you pay, what is it anyone else's businesssssssssssss..:champagne:

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Thanx for the feedback...I know things are slow and it’s a sales pitch....I’ll add to the story...retired 2 months ago @ 62 and I have a nice nest egg to spend...don’t watch to be the richest guy in cemetery so a $500 mo payment won’t break the bank...like I said no rush and if I don’t like the numbers I’ll sell it privately.

" Don't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery" that right there kinda changed my perspective. Never heard it like that. Time to spend some money.

OP
OP
Justpassingas

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
" Don't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery" that right there kinda changed my perspective. Never heard it like that. Time to spend some money.
I did today...I went to another dealer today and they were able to locate a GT to my liking so I bought it.I paid $32K and change out the door with my 2015 EcoBoost Premium as trade.

MSRP $49950
GT Premium Auto with 3.55
401A
Black Accent
Safe & Smart
Active Valve
B&O sound system

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I just sold my 19 GT premium to Carvana for $38118. It's much more than what my dealer was going to give me.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just sold my 19 GT premium to Carvana for $38118. It's much more than what my dealer was going to give me.
Im not getting no where near those kind of prices from Carvana for my 19 Premium... maybe it’s my location...

Edit just doubled checked my Carvana and it was close to 37k.
So that’s good news. I hear some people have better look with Vroom, there’s some other online sites also right?
Sponsored