Sponsored

Dealer wants to buy my Mustang

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a realistic for depreciation to be more then 50% in under 3 years?
your options are worth about 25 cents on the dollar.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
How do you know LOL, have you gone out of state to see? I use to buy cars here and then once i went out of state i was wow I been getting screwed in NC :)
That's an awfully bold statement to say that just because he bought from a dealer in NC he got screwed even though he doesn't know it. I get the feeling you don't know the dealer or the details of his deal. I have bought cars in NC as well when I lived there and felt like I always got a fair deal when I wasn't purchasing from a Ford dealer. The Ford dealers in and around Jacksonville/Wilmington were terrible. But that is not necessarily representative of every dealer (Ford or otherwise) in the state.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I had absolutely no problem buying mine here in the Raleigh area at a great price with no games. Probably because I used to be in the business and knew what realistic was and wasn’t. Had no problem with getting my daughter her Pilot either. In most cases it’s not the dealer, it’s the particular salesperson or manager one has been dealing with that causes the problem.
Maybe you can tell me what happened to me: I was negotiating with them on a new car, they gave me a killer price but I couldn't pull the trigger that day. I was there, in-person. I called back the next day and said "OK" and they said no, car has been sold. Tried to sell me another one at a much higher price. I said no.

The car remained on their web site for months. I would occasionally email the salesman and ask about it, and he said that it was sold but they were waiting on the buyer to pick it up, etc. and it was literally months before the car finally disappeared. This is one of those high volume dealers (Xroads) so one would assume that they remove sold cars from their web site quite quickly, as they have hundreds to choose from and don't need to play the game listing sold cars. It was just a base GT, nothing special.

Anyway... I figured it was one of those contests, a today only price, and he either made a mistake or the contest ended. But the repeated lying annoyed me.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had absolutely no problem buying mine here in the Raleigh area at a great price with no games. Probably because I used to be in the business and knew what realistic was and wasn’t. Had no problem with getting my daughter her Pilot either. In most cases it’s not the dealer, it’s the particular salesperson or manager one has been dealing with that causes the problem.

What’s realistic. What can one expect to be fair when dealing with these people?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That's an awfully bold statement to say that just because he bought from a dealer in NC he got screwed even though he doesn't know it. I get the feeling you don't know the dealer or the details of his deal. I have bought cars in NC as well when I lived there and felt like I always got a fair deal when I wasn't purchasing from a Ford dealer. The Ford dealers in and around Jacksonville/Wilmington were terrible. But that is not necessarily representative of every dealer (Ford or otherwise) in the state.
Did you not see the LOL and the little smily face in my reply? I was just giving him a hard time. But to your reply, why are there some that take every statement to mean all and everyone? Dealers here can be difficult as told by me and another poster from NC and now even you state Ford dealers can be difficult here. Does that mean every dealer? no, but a vast majority, yes.

If someone feels they got a deal, did they? if someone feels they gt screwed, did they? also back in my original reply I did state western north Carolina not the whole state now didint I. And yes when I went to every single dealer in that area and every single one was a douche bag I can firmly say yes they are ALL dirt bags. When I go out of state and the out of state dealer tells me 65% of their business is from NC because of the way dealers treat customers..well thats pretty good indicator too. Take a drive around my area and take notice that most the new cars have out of state temp tags on them... the Is start to dot and the Ts start to cross :)

Also back 3 years ago when a certain limited edition car came out and myself and others were trying to get one. ON that cars forums all the stories of people being screwed or being played games with all came out of NC ...so.. yeah bold statement I guess if you want to call it that. but the facts line up :)

Sure there are a few good dealers here Im sure. But until you compare them to another how do you know Is all I was saying? I might think frozen beef is the best because I never tried filet. Dont know till ya try :)

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
How do you know LOL, have you gone out of state to see? I use to buy cars here and then once i went out of state i was wow I been getting screwed in NC :)
I know because this is what I did for a living before retiring. I was a sales manager at one of the largest Ford dealers in the nation. Contrary to popular myth not all dealers are crooks! All too often though the customers get ahold of a sales person or internet sales manager that just blows them off because the person was being unreasonable or just plain rude. Regardless what they tell you there is usually only one person under the roof of that dealership that can let you walk without making a deal. That is usually either the GSMor GM. Occasionally in smaller dealerships the dealer principle may be in the store but quite honestly when trying to get a “best deal”, the larger the dealer the better chance.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Did you not see the LOL and the little smily face in my reply? I was just giving him a hard time. But to your reply, why are there some that take every statement to mean all and everyone? Dealers here can be difficult as told by me and another poster from NC and now even you state Ford dealers can be difficult here. Does that mean every dealer? no, but a vast majority, yes.

If someone feels they got a deal, did they? if someone feels they gt screwed, did they? also back in my original reply I did state western north Carolina not the whole state now didint I. And yes when I went to every single dealer in that area and every single one was a douche bag I can firmly say yes they are ALL dirt bags. When I go out of state and the out of state dealer tells me 65% of their business is from NC because of the way dealers treat customers..well thats pretty good indicator too. Take a drive around my area and take notice that most the new cars have out of state temp tags on them... the Is start to dot and the Ts start to cross :)

Also back 3 years ago when a certain limited edition car came out and myself and others were trying to get one. ON that cars forums all the stories of people being screwed or being played games with all came out of NC ...so.. yeah bold statement I guess if you want to call it that. but the facts line up :)

Sure there are a few good dealers here Im sure. But until you compare them to another how do you know Is all I was saying? I might think frozen beef is the best because I never tried filet. Dont know till ya try :)
Well I guess I misunderstood the tone of your reply, but your replies generally seem to be rife with sarcasm (maybe that's your form of humor? that's not a bad thing, I'm just thinking through my typing). Use all the smiley's you want, it still doesn't cover up the fact you're trying to be smug with the emboldened words above. :) You changed the context from western NC to NC when you said you left NC to get a car without getting screwed. You did not say you left Western NC now did you? :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know because this is what I did for a living before retiring. I was a sales manager at one of the largest Ford dealers in the nation. Contrary to popular myth not all dealers are crooks! All too often though the customers get ahold of a sales person or internet sales manager that just blows them off because the person was being unreasonable or just plain rude. Regardless what they tell you there is usually only one person under the roof of that dealership that can let you walk without making a deal. That is usually either the GSMor GM. Occasionally in smaller dealerships the dealer principle may be in the store but quite honestly when trying to get a “best deal”, the larger the dealer the better chance.
I hear ya and didnt mean to offend or anything i was just pickin on ya really. why I think what I do. I hate going in and dealing with dealers. so I get all my info ahead of time and search net and get prices and trade values and all that. Of course I want a deal so I play with the numbers a bit but nothing unrealistic. I would go to their sites and find a car and every time once I go to the dealer guess what. That car was sold , or the "internet" price was not the price and was only valid if you met some unrealistic criteria. they would sya they would give me x amut for trade over email and after sending pics and all info. and once I got there that would change they would find some obscure reason not to honor that. They all would add 1000 "packages" to the car that equaled about 250 worth of parts I didnt even want and would refuse to remove any of it. list goes on I spent days and weeks back and forth being lied too and played with. I went to South carolina with my same list in hand and with a specific car picked out and with my money i would liek for trade and to buy the new one at. walked in handed the guy the list (it is all the details of both cars and prices) said I want that car heres my trade. he went back (to the manager lol) for 5 mins come out says if you want this deal today we can do it. no bS no lies, no games, no add ons, no selling me carpet protection and underliner. No nit picking my trade ,which was perfect condition. 0% financing which not one dealer in NC said they could get HUmmmm. And they even found a way to give me all the ford incentives even with the 0% which again no NC dealer would. So can see why I feel the way I do about the dealers here. :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well I guess I misunderstood the tone of your reply, but your replies generally seem to be rife with sarcasm (maybe that's your form of humor? that's not a bad thing, I'm just thinking through my typing). Use all the smiley's you want, it still doesn't cover up the fact you're trying to be smug with the emboldened words above. :) You changed the context from western NC to NC when you said you left NC to get a car without getting screwed. You did not say you left Western NC now did you? :)
oh nit pick i would figure my first mention of WNC would carry over gezzzz now you sound like a dealer im trying to trade my car in with LOL... yeah I get it im a rather to the point and sarcastic person. I always say there is no context in text. I always come across um bold in my forum conversations. I could work on that .

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
about trade value... or what carvana, vroom, etc are offering you or what a dealership will offer you for your trade.... nobody will offer you retail price.... why? because they are not buying your car for private ownership... they need to buy it to resell it at retail... i usually use MMR from manheim as my tool to rate trades...

Sponsored

moab361

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT PP1
I purchased a 2015 Mustang GT with Carvana in November 2019. They purchased my 2015 Mustang Convertible, V6, in trade as part of the deal... And they paid $3k-$4k more than a few local (NY) dealers were offering. Carvana will give you a firm offer based on your vin number etc...no bullshit at all.

I found them awesome to work with...$1,000 discount for Black Friday when deal was 90% done week prior, great deal on my trade in, and my '15 GT was exactly as advertised. Good luck
I think my carvana offer back then was $16,500.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Well, I left WNC to get my '17 Grabber Blue Mustang.
There was a X-Roads dealer in Morganton, NC where the sales folk were total jerks; not
to mention the Ford dealer in Hickory. (neither one would honor the $4000 price off of Ford cars)
So, I went to Pickens, SC and got a GREAT deal!!!!!!!

(if I can talk wifey into a new Bronco, guess where I'll go)

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well, I left WNC to get my '17 Grabber Blue Mustang.
There was a X-Roads dealer in Morganton, NC where the sales folk were total jerks; not
to mention the Ford dealer in Hickory. (neither one would honor the $4000 price off of Ford cars)
So, I went to Pickens, SC and got a GREAT deal!!!!!!!

(if I can talk wifey into a new Bronco, guess where I'll go)

What do you mean 4K off? Is that an incentive?

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
...quite honestly when trying to get a “best deal”, the larger the dealer the better chance.
I knew it! I seemed to always have better luck at the bigger dealerships who have a bunch of branches and different brands. I've always been able to do well with Nalley in ATL. They're huge: BMW, Ford, Lexus, Toyota, you name it. I think they're also part of a much larger group, Crown. Conversely, I've never had luck with the smaller dealers in the area like Krause and Tidwell. You're absolutely right, they're not all crooks. I treat them respectfully, and they do the same.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
What do you mean 4K off? Is that an incentive?
It was what the car was marked down.
They have since sent me their 'private incentive' of $6000 off.
Sponsored