Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I bring my car to the dealer for an oil change I get about 6 calls from them wanting to buy it.

It got so bad I almost had to threaten them to stop calling, it's absurd.

TC
Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I just posted over in the GT 350 section how much prices have gone up for used 350s over the past year.

The first column is the average price the second column is 30 day change, the 90 day change, then year change. This excludes GT 350s and 500s
0752A483-2A93-418D-8F9B-A000020724D9.png

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I tried plugging in mines into Vroom and Carvana . 2018 with 26.8k miles fully loaded GT Premium with 401A, PP1, Magne, Recaro, Shaker Pro, Active Exhaust, Safe & Smart plus Orange Fury Tri Coat and they both only offered me 25k :crying:. Is this a realistic for depreciation to be more then 50% in under 3 years?
Not just you I think the lower trims hold value better and the higher trims loose more. it also has to do with location and cars available in that area. Ive told the story but ill repeat it here for you. My buddy has a 2019 gt premium with pp1 and fully loaded msrp was 52 we went around to 7 dealers, ford dealers. most anyone would give him was 27k. for a car that was only a year old. IM not sure where the people who say they get darn near their money back and kkb prices at trade in live but its not in western North Carolina. Cause around here you wont get squat for trade ins. its typically 4 to 6 below kbb

Edit: after reading a few posts I have noticed most of the people talking about great prices all seem to live in Florida.

Last edited:

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
At 62 I’ve learned to work hard and save which enabled me to retire early...you must have the missed the part where I mentioned I have a nice nest egg and won’t be the richest guy in the cemetery.
I got that part. I'm also not assuming you're broke. I'm just questioning why you got to the point you are, and you are wanting to play with someone else's money and pay for the privilege. Why not just pay for the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justpassingas

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I got that part. I'm also not assuming you're broke. I'm just questioning why you got to the point you are, and you are wanting to play with someone else's money and pay for the privilege. Why not just pay for the car?
As the saying goes "If I have to explain you wouldn't understand" . The way I see it at 0% financing I'm playing with someone else's money....for nothing.

OP
OP
Justpassingas

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Edit: after reading a few posts I have noticed most of the people talking about great prices all seem to live in Florida.[/QUOTE]

I live just north of Boston and seeing the dealer on Friday so I'll update this thread...I'm optimistic and not expecting any great deal but we shall see...I will say this though and I've heard this from a few people that there is a shortage of quality used cars & trucks.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Edit: after reading a few posts I have noticed most of the people talking about great prices all seem to live in Florida.
I live just north of Boston and seeing the dealer on Friday so I'll update this thread...I'm optimistic and not expecting any great deal but we shall see...I will say this though and I've heard this from a few people that there is a shortage of quality used cars & trucks.[/QUOTE]

I got like 15-16% off my 5oh. But it was a left over 2019. They gave me financing for 3.69 84 months but I did a refi with my credit union.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
The problem with KBB is NO ONE not one single dealer goes by that price. I dont even bother looking at KBB cause no one on this planet wil give you that price. The only time any dealer says well we will give you blue book, its at the lowest value and then they make the new car more. They work by margins dealers do . you are watching the right hand they are stealing with the left. No one gets a deal ever they just think they do. no matter what you paid or I paid. what we got for trade ext. i bet if you sat daown and looked at the profit margin the dealer made its the same. they just play with the numbers.

example, my girlfriends nissan juke. KBB says its worth 12 trade and 16 privet party. HA good luck getting that for it. we went around to 12 dealers most any one would give was 9k . then a few months later there were these we give blue book values for trades deals.. we went around again. dtil every single dealer found a way to only give low blue book and then the cars we had ben looking at we no longer on sale. so yeah they gave a bot more for the trade but no the new cars were also more. You are not gonna win or get a deal period. they make you think you have so you feel happy and your ego is in tacked but you are not getting one no one does.

I also got over KBB for my '18 F-150. and even more than I paid for it 2 years earlier.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'm not going to speak for the OP but I will state my reasoning.
64 y/o, not retired quite yet. Bought my '18 convertible last year. Money in the bank sufficient to pay for the car. Financed it because my investments are making more than the interest on the loan. Bottom line paying for the car outright would cost me more money than paying the 2% the loan is costing.
Admittedly not as good as 0% but using cheap money from someone else allows me to continue making more than I'm spending.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Not just you I think the lower trims hold value better and the higher trims loose more.

Absolutely, you get the most % for your money back on a low option car. Options make the ownership experience more pleasurable, but they don't help much in resale. I ran into a guy at Whole Foods with a 2017 or 2018 BMW M2 who bought it loaded with all kinds of killer carbon fiber factory add-ons, $74K sticker and they weren't discounting them back when he bought it. The dealer offered him (in mid 2019) 38K on trade. Yeah, about half after a year or so. And yeah, I know, BMW. I've heard them all.

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Anyway, back to Mustangs... when I was shopping for mine, I noticed that deals were much better (thanks to leads from here in the forum) in VA than here in NC, where only a few dealers have the market sewn-up. I bought a used BMW 7 out of Florida, and even with shipping I still saved thousands on that P.O.S. NC is an odd state.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
NC is an odd state.
Yes it is, I know some of my posts on car values and trades might seem odd to some but come to NC. This sis the most wacked state to buy a car in. prices are high trades are low and dealers dont ssem to give 2 shitz if they get your business or not. There are some game playin dealers here that is for sure. When I was tring to buy my Mustang I covered half the state im guessing 20 some dealers not one would budge and all played games and lied and pulled bullshit. low balled my trades yada yada. I went out of stae to SC and first dealer was yup ok we will do your deal no bull no crap no games. did what I wanted on trade and buying price. Didnt push any junk I was in and out in 45 mins with a new car.

I got no Idea what the heck is wrong with NC dealers. But it seems to be contagious across all business here. They are all difficult to work with and act like customers are nothing but a pain.

When I tried to buy a civic type R had the same problem.. mark ups no deals tricks and squat... went to Tennessee again 45 mins had car, my deal, was out the door..

If you live in NC trust me its worth it to go out of state to buy a car.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Yes it is, I know some of my posts on car values and trades might seem odd to some but come to NC. This sis the most wacked state to buy a car in. prices are high trades are low and dealers dont ssem to give 2 shitz if they get your business or not. There are some game playin dealers here that is for sure. When I was tring to buy my Mustang I covered half the state im guessing 20 some dealers not one would budge and all played games and lied and pulled bullshit. low balled my trades yada yada. I went out of stae to SC and first dealer was yup ok we will do your deal no bull no crap no games. did what I wanted on trade and buying price. Didnt push any junk I was in and out in 45 mins with a new car.

I got no Idea what the heck is wrong with NC dealers. But it seems to be contagious across all business here. They are all difficult to work with and act like customers are nothing but a pain.

When I tried to buy a civic type R had the same problem.. mark ups no deals tricks and squat... went to Tennessee again 45 mins had car, my deal, was out the door..

If you live in NC trust me its worth it to go out of state to buy a car.
I had absolutely no problem buying mine here in the Raleigh area at a great price with no games. Probably because I used to be in the business and knew what realistic was and wasn’t. Had no problem with getting my daughter her Pilot either. In most cases it’s not the dealer, it’s the particular salesperson or manager one has been dealing with that causes the problem.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I had absolutely no problem buying mine here in the Raleigh area at a great price with no games. Probably because I used to be in the business and knew what realistic was and wasn’t. Had no problem with getting my daughter her Pilot either. In most cases it’s not the dealer, it’s the particular salesperson or manager one has been dealing with that causes the problem.
How do you know LOL, have you gone out of state to see? I use to buy cars here and then once i went out of state i was wow I been getting screwed in NC :)
Sponsored