Sponsored

Dealer to Facilitate Private Sale?

Kevdon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anybody know of any dealerships that will facilitate a private sale between myself and another person? He has a lien on the car and can’t pay it off ahead of time, so I’d prefer to go through a dealer if possible...I’ve heard that some will do this for a fee
Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I don't know if a dealer will help. I'm familiar with escrow services for aircraft and a quick google showed some escrow companies that claim to do autos. Escrow.com popped up but I don't know anything about them or the others.

OP
OP

Kevdon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't know if a dealer will help. I'm familiar with escrow services for aircraft and a quick google showed some escrow companies that claim to do autos. Escrow.com popped up but I don't know anything about them or the others.
I’ve found one so far that will do it, but they said $1000 fee. Essentially they take the car in and I “buy” it from them right away.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I’ve found one so far that will do it, but they said $1000 fee. Essentially they take the car in and I “buy” it from them right away.
Sorry to hear that. What a ripoff. One thing to do escrow and another to be a middleman broker for profit. The escrow fee for a house is probably less.
Sponsored