Sponsored

Dealer screwed up

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
It really sucks that there are still this many bad dealers out there. A good friend of mine is a Senior Master tech at a Ford dealer with a stellar reputation so I have been very lucky and have no problem having dealer work done.

He actually called my today and was telling me about a new GT500 that he fixed with leaking diff cooler lines that another dealer screwed up.
Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
We have a factory paint bubble on the front quarter panel that we never got fixed. It was a combination of them being cagey about what shop would be doing the work, and the response of the service tech. When my wife went to drop the car off, she said his response was basically, "Oh boy, a Mustang". Nope, not today kid. Not on my dime. We plan on doing a front end swap anyway, so that bubble will go away with the original panels.
The manager also told the service writer, "mustang owners are especially OCD with their cars, so be careful and treat the car like yours". He then said, "no offense". I said that none taken, Nd that yes mustang owners really like their cars...

That being said, I'd be very OCD about paint bubble in a blue cat. Is your velocity blue? I almost purchased a 2018 lightning blue EB 6MT in 2017. Glad I didn't as I love my current car, but I wanted lighting blue (and later velocity blue) mustang more than life itself. Don't tell that to my black mustang...

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup VB. Learned to look past it and save our pennies for the upgrade. Then we just had to go and buy a house :crackup:
Congratulations on your house!

We had just bought our first house, in the middle of my lease for the 2nd EB. Because of the house, I thought I'd forever just lease an EB, and with the prices going up, I was scared that there will come a day when I couldn't justify a mustang lease.

But then my wife suggested that I buy a GT to keep. But my justification is, I also do all housework/repair/upgrade myself, so the money we save on labor makes it so that she can justify me having a Mustang (yes, she is the CFO of the house).

Thank God this was before we had to blow $7k on our new puppy for his parvovirus hospitalization... because had it been before, even my generous CFO would have said no to a mustang.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. We actually got in a year ahead of schedule, and we're redoing half the interior. Here's a before and after of the office:
Love it. I did renovate our own basement and my office so I can relate.

New house, two muscle cars. You're livin' the dream sir, livin' the dream.

Wait.. what was this thread about??? Oops. I don't want to hijack the thread. I am going to have to go outside and take a picture of the missed screw mark on my rear bumper to put this thread back in its place...

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
It really sucks that there are still this many bad dealers out there. A good friend of mine is a Senior Master tech at a Ford dealer with a stellar reputation so I have been very lucky and have no problem having dealer work done.

He actually called my today and was telling me about a new GT500 that he fixed with leaking diff cooler lines that another dealer screwed up.
I see you’re in NJ as well. What dealership is this?
i Refuse to have the recall performed for the stock shifter until I find a good service department.

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you’re in NJ as well. What dealership is this?
i Refuse to have the recall performed for the stock shifter until I find a good service department.
Flemington Ford. I did a lot of dealer research when I bought my Raptor and they are one of the few dealers in the country that has won Fords Presidents award over 20 times. They are also dealerrater.com state winner 9 times. Such a great no BS experience every time I go there. On top of that I have a top level tech I can trust.

31DF7E44-1D0B-4447-8E0A-C803A4CA494C.jpeg

Last edited:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Flemington Ford. I did a lot of dealer research when I bought my Raptor and they are one of the few dealers in the country that has won Fords Presidents award over 20 times. They are also dealerrater.com state winner 9 times. Such a great no BS experience every time I go there. On top of that I have a top level tech I can trust.

31DF7E44-1D0B-4447-8E0A-C803A4CA494C.jpeg
Thank you for the reply. They are about 50 minutes from me, I live in Northern Passaic county. it’s not a bad ride to get to them.
I might reach out to you for your friends contact information at the dealership if I decide to get the shifter recall done.
hope that’s ok.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the reply. They are about 50 minutes from me, I live in Northern Passaic county. it’s not a bad ride to get to them.
I might reach out to you for your friends contact information at the dealership if I decide to get the shifter recall done.
hope that’s ok.
👍🏻

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
maybe I missed the update. did they repaint ?
replace the bumper ?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Ready to pick up tomorrow.

thumbnail (1).jpg
Make sure you walk and inspect the whole car. Because for me, after some panels were repainted they had someone that has never buffed a black car doing it and the car was full of holograms and paint chips from the buffer. I didn't cause an issue about it since Ford had already approved my buyback.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
I ended up just repairing the screw holes.
But the pick up is now tomorrow.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
I would inspect that thing carefully before leaving the dealership.
good luck.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
It`s not at a dealership it`s at my friends shop.. him i can trust.
That being said i`ll be eyeballing it tho.
Sponsored