Sponsored

Dealer quoted $115 for oil change? Too cheap?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm used to working on cars myself, and even when not doing so, usually have an independent shop I'm close with for the things I don't do myself. In the case of the shelby I'm inclined to have some of the early service done by a dealer just so that if any warranty or engine issues arose, no one would be able to attribute it to me and I could claim all service was done by the dealer.

So I found a local dealer that seems very friendly and appreciative of the car. When I ask something about it, the service desk lady says that since this isn't an ordinary car for them she'd want to check with the people in the service shop who would know and call me back. When I asked about the oil change, she called back two days later and said it's $115. She said it's more expensive because the oil change on the Shelby isn't like on the regular mustangs and that's why it costs more. Despite that costing 'more' than on a regular mustang, it still comes in at less than buying the oil and filter myself to do it, which had me a bit concerned. Is it common for the cost of an oil change at the dealer to be less than the cost of oil and filter if you buy them on your own?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Received 3 different prices when I took mine for oil change, first one was $60 then $115 and finally $140. $140 about right with 10qts of oil, filter and labor.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
First oil change I got they discounted the oil some. This made it a good bit cheeper than the second one where it was list.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
I brought all the oil and filter myself and bring the car to the dealer to perform oil change. They charged me $12.99 for the labor.
Sponsored