Sponsored

Dealer playing games or incompetent salesperson?

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
Background. I signed a contract for the first allocation of a GT500 with an out of town dealership about 1.5 years ago. I also gave them $5K which they cashed immediately. Fast forward to order banks opening up and I place my order for a CFTP car. I received my order as you can see below. What I never did get was my DORA. I called several times and the salesperson keeps saying he'll send it but never does. His excuse is they don't print those everyday anymore as it's a waste of paper. Red flags shot up immediately for me. Opinions? I plan on stopping in the dealership tomorrow as I'll be in that town. I assume they could just show me on computer my DORA?
Sponsored

Attachments

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was told the DORA is no big deal it comes down to did he join the Shelby Club before the deadline and did he get an allocation for 1 GT 500??? Not the same as the Golden Ticket which entitles him to the CFTP and the Painted Stripes which I noticed you didn't want the painted stripes anyway. BUT the big question is the CFTP. Is he a Big Volume Dealer or just a small dealer like my guy??? Just ask him and he knows the situation that he's in. There should be no reason for BS on this issue.

OP
OP

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
I was told the DORA is no big deal it comes down to did he join the Shelby Club before the deadline and did he get an allocation for 1 GT 500??? Not the same as the Golden Ticket which entitles him to the CFTP and the Painted Stripes which I noticed you didn't want the painted stripes anyway. BUT the big question is the CFTP. Is he a Big Volume Dealer or just a small dealer like my guy??? Just ask him and he knows the situation that he's in. There should be no reason for BS on this issue.
Thanks ChuckXX. They did join Shelby club and he said he had no issues entering the order for the CFTP. As I understand it, the dealers without the allocation for CFTP couldn't enter the order. I may be wrong on that though.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Thanks ChuckXX. They did join Shelby club and he said he had no issues entering the order for the CFTP. As I understand it, the dealers without the allocation for CFTP couldn't enter the order. I may be wrong on that though.
The only thing I will reiterate again is don't assume you are getting the CFTP just because he put it in the order bank and didn't get a denial. Have him call his Ford Rep and verify that indeed you will be getting that option. I've ordered many many high end muscle cars in my days (yes Iam ancient-LOL) and until that order actually "gets accepted" you just have a pig in the poke as my Dad use to say. Verify it.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
The only thing I will reiterate again is don't assume you are getting the CFTP just because he put it in the order bank and didn't get a denial. Have him call his Ford Rep and verify that indeed you will be getting that option. I've ordered many many high end muscle cars in my days (yes Iam ancient-LOL) and until that order actually "gets accepted" you just have a pig in the poke as my Dad use to say. Verify it.
Exactly, many up in the air orders for the Cf pack cars that did not get specified during allocations wont know until scheduling. I am in a similar situation as my dealer should have 2 confirmed cf allocations, but a 3rd which is my order has a 35% chance so to speak.

Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Exactly, many up in the air orders for the Cf pack cars that did not get specified during allocations wont know until scheduling. I am in a similar situation as my dealer should have 2 confirmed cf allocations, but a 3rd which is my order has a 35% chance so to speak.
Can you do me a favor??? Can you call your dealer and find out how many of those 3 cars if any ordered the Painted Stripes??? Iam doing a very Unscientific study on trying to figure out how many want the painted stripes. I ordered them from a small dealer and don't know if I will get lucky or not. No way to really know since Ford does everything in secrecy.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Can you do me a favor??? Can you call your dealer and find out how many of those 3 cars if any ordered the Painted Stripes??? Iam doing a very Unscientific study on trying to figure out how many want the painted stripes. I ordered them from a small dealer and don't know if I will get lucky or not. No way to really know since Ford does everything in secrecy.
My order is without the painted stripe option, so are the other 2 buyers.