Sponsored

Dealer Mark Up....taking it to the extreme

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good on your dealer and congrats to you, Chief. AFAIK, you're the only person around here that snagged the car at list. (toothdktr: correct me if I'm wrong on this, too.) ;_-)
MSRP here.
Sponsored

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
There are more than a few who paid msrp I think. Not majority for sure

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well thanks, Wilson, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The people in the know come out of the woodwork when a car like this comes around and favors are obtained or you just get luckier than the guy who parachuted from an aircraft, chute didn't open, and he SURVIVED. I'm luckier than that guy.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking tuit. <grin>

Most importantly, my hat's off to the rest of you lucky bastids. <BIG grin>

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Some of the west coast ford dealers made a killing on ADM. I bet a few made over a million on ADM alone. Not hard to see when you can sell an R with 50k adm.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
This dealership is down the road from me. I'll stop by and offer invoice. :-)
You should go in there and ask for Xplan pricing...:D

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Aaaaand this is one of the main reasons I never purchased Ford products. I wanted a Raptor....ADM everywhere. Though now they can be found with out it yet some dealers still try. I saw GT350s selling for 126k in their first model year. I bought my 2019 GT350 for 55900 out the door. (3months old with 1600 miles) . Just think how ludicrous 126k is for that car. A used 2016 is barely worth 40 grand now. The GT500 is an AMAZING car but I'm waiting until next year when ADM has settled, and there will probably be used ones with less than 1000 miles on them. I never bought used before but if it saves me 20-60K well......

That is one thing I always respected about Chevy. You can buy a Z06 a ZL1 or ZR1 and I've never seen markup. You can order one with out any fan fare or tom foolery. Mopar has it's moments.....ie the Demon and the first model year of the Hellcat but with Ford ADM is just standard practice.
This is why I never buy Ford products,

I bought my GT350 for..

what.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
This is why I never buy Ford products,

I bought my GT350 for..

what.
"this is one of the main reasons I never purchased Ford products." past tense as in until now. I've looked at them and liked them for many many years. My dad had an old SVO Mustang back in the day. I just could never stomach the dealers business practices. In fact my 2019 Gt350 was not bought from a Ford Dealership. You feel better now?

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the dealer sell it at that price are they genius or ripping someone off?

Serous opinions.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
If the dealer sell it at that price are they genius or ripping someone off?

Serous opinions.
both lol, I’d never pay a ADM, but I don’t think I’d ever go for a car that has a ADM I. The first place. Idk. They had Rangers here for 3k ADM not long ago and this I think I took a year ago. It’s not even a R they sold it. Sucker born ever minute here in Vegas, I know people that paid 55k for a RS.
9D539337-D3D0-4F0E-A4CA-68073D1B6541.jpeg

billy396

2015 Ruby Red
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium FI Roush 670
In early 2017 I so desperately wanted a GT350, but refused to pay the dealer markup. Locally it was $10,000. In December 2017 I picked up a used one with 1509 miles for nearly $20,000 less. I imagine a year from now, for those who are patient, a GT500 can be had for less than MSRP.
In early '15 I looked all over the country for a GT350. The best deal I could find was $12,500 over sticker. I refused, bought a new GT Premium, broke it in, added a Roush blower, Steeda K-member braces, DSS 800 HP half shafts, larger Eibach sway bars, Borla cat back and a few other items like Michelin Pilot Super Sports and I got a 670 HP car that could outrun any GT350. Last week I ordered a 2020 Vette, at MSRP, and I'm going to sell the 12K mile, like new Mustang to help pay for it.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Do chevy and dodge require certain sale amounts and membership amounts for their top tier cars? If not, it could, very well, explain why there is such a markup on the ford side. I watched a breakdown of how this works somewhere, but I can not remember where.

In short, the dealership has to pay a yearly fee just to get access to sale new 350s. Based on 350 sale numbers at that dealership, they may get access to an R or 500.

I am not saying it is right, but it would explain why the ford dealers are more likely to do it than most. The upper tier cars at my local dealership are rarely inflated. Could just be a regional issue.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Some arab prince will scoop it up. At that price. And fly it back to the sandbox.
Sponsored