Dealer loaner cars?

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Did a search and was surprised nothing showed up.
My first issue after 1 year of ownership, ac went out with only 4,800 miles on it.
Will I be offered a loaner car or am I on my own to rent a vehicle? Will Ford reimburse? Or, am I dreaming?
I have USAA, I will check with them.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Each Ford Dealer is independently owned, therefore it's up to each Dealership to determine how they will use their loaner fleet.

If you do not have a Ford Extended Warranty Plan, some dealers will only allow use of a loaner if the repairs will exceed 24 or 48+ hours.

If you do not have a Ford Extended Warranty Plan, some dealers will NOT offer any loaner regardless if repair time is 24+ hours. Exception may be in the instance if you just purchased the car and there's an immediate problem.

Some Dealers will require that you have a Ford Extended warranty plan with the loaner clause.

It's a toss up. But I will say if you contact Ford Service on here, they will assign you a claim to your local Ford CSR and you can request use of a Ford loaner vehicle - it may be granted.

OP
OP

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Each Ford Dealer is independently owned, therefore it's up to each Dealership to determine how they will use their loaner fleet.

If you do not have a Ford Extended Warranty Plan, some dealers will only allow use of a loaner if the repairs will exceed 24 or 48+ hours.

If you do not have a Ford Extended Warranty Plan, some dealers will NOT offer any loaner regardless if repair time is 24+ hours. Exception may be in the instance if you just purchased the car and there's an immediate problem.

Some Dealers will require that you have a Ford Extended warranty plan with the loaner clause.

It's a toss up. But I will say if you contact Ford Service on here, they will assign you a claim to your local Ford CSR and you can request use of a Ford loaner vehicle - it may be granted.
Great info. Thanks. Nick

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
I had an issue with the wheel and a recall and my dealer did not want to give me a loaner because it wasn't a service I would be paying for. Ended up calling corporate, who were rather dismissive on the call, but then I got a got a call from my dealer the same day saying they would give me a loaner. They ended up having my car for almost a week so I'm really glad I pressed the issue.
Sponsored