Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
OP, you did a great job negotiating your remedy.

For those with the same dilemma, if you don't wish to use bumper plugs, call a bumper repair person. They often work for dealers, because cars on lots, rental and lease returns, need their plastic bumper dents, scratches and small tears repaired. It's different than typical auto body work. They use heat guns in making plastic repairs. Some will come to your home to do repairs. The holes in my front bumper disappeared completely for a couple hundred dollars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You know that if you give the cops ANY reason to pull you over, they're more likely to give you $h!t about it.
you can live in fear or you can live but you can't do both.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Im in a front plate state and told my dealer not to install the bracket. Bought a sto n sho and keep the plate in the trunk for if i get messed with.

Front plates are useless. A cop cant tell WTF your plate says when coming at you moving and cops never approach from the front.
Same here. My dealer has specific instructions not to drill the bumper (they also say they donā€™t drill custom order Mustangā€™s unless specifically requested also). I also have a Sto N Sho that Iā€™ll keep in the trunk on the off chance I get hassled for it. Iā€™ve seen plenty of other Mustangā€™s, Corvetteā€™s, exotics, etc. around here with no front plates so Iā€™m not worried about it.

Sponsored

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
so the dealer drilled holes for my front plat despite it being against their policy and despite my reiterating not to do it everytime i spoke with someone about the car.

tldr on the long story:
1. they ordered the car but with a spoiler
2. they order one without the spoiler
3. i decide fine i'll take it since no spoiler is gonna take another month at least
4. i tell GM and the sales guy sends me confirmation for spoiler car
5. i get amped about the spoiler car
6. i get financing all lined up for spoiler car
7. car shows up and these clowns at planet ford 59 in humble, tx drilled holes for the front plate

my options as i see them:
1. make them fix the bumper
2. make them replace the bumper
3. wait on the non spoiler car

what i really want is more compensation given the fact that these people have repeatedly dropped the ball every step of the way.

what would you guys do?
Make them replace the bumpers
so the dealer drilled holes for my front plat despite it being against their policy and despite my reiterating not to do it everytime i spoke with someone about the car.

tldr on the long story:
1. they ordered the car but with a spoiler
2. they order one without the spoiler
3. i decide fine i'll take it since no spoiler is gonna take another month at least
4. i tell GM and the sales guy sends me confirmation for spoiler car
5. i get amped about the spoiler car
6. i get financing all lined up for spoiler car
7. car shows up and these clowns at planet ford 59 in humble, tx drilled holes for the front plate

my options as i see them:
1. make them fix the bumper
2. make them replace the bumper
3. wait on the non spoiler car

what i really want is more compensation given the fact that these people have repeatedly dropped the ball every step of the way.

what would you guys do?
Make them replace the bumper and demand compensation!!!!!

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
What a stupid thing to say. I don't "live in fear", I just don't need the hassle.
at the risk of venturing off topic the state of our nation is what it is precisely because people have chosen to avoid hassle rather than resist the slightest bit of tyranny.

i choose to be the change i wish to see in the world rather than going along to get along like everyone who is making things worse. you may think its just a silly rule but its my car and the government doesn't get to order me to damage my property just because "so it is written so shall it be done".

Some people just do not believe in abiding by the law. Especially if it doesn't suit them. :facepalm:
unjust laws should be protested especially when they are ridiculous.

Tim McCreary

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
You would be amazed what a quality body shop can do. Fix no but new bumper repainted a decent painter could match it on a new car.

OP I would either get different car or make them pay for new bumper & paint
You will be amazed at how different the bumper color will be under the street lights at dusk even if the color matches perfectly during the daylight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
You will be amazed at how different the bumper color will be under the street lights at dusk even if the color matches perfectly during the daylight.
yeah, most people don't understand how sideways body shop work can get and the last thing i want is more series of unfortunate events dealing with crappy work especially when i could've just been a little more patient and paid less money.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I drone for nearly 7 yrs with no plate on my M3. Kept the temp dealer reg on the windshield. I finally got pulled over one day because a policeman who lived in my community noticed me all this time. Anyway, when I bought the Mustang the dealer said they had to put the temp plates on. To be honest it doesn't bother me anymore

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a front plate state and have not run a front plate since I was 17 and got my first 5.0.. so almost 20 years now of driving and only was given a warning about it one time when I was pulled over for a different reason. I have been pulled over a few times and never was it brought up other than that one time.. front plates ruin the front of the car, does not matter if it is stock location or a relocated bracket, any of them look stupid. I don't give shit to people who run a front plate because it is not my car or my life, but I will never use the front plate, it goes up in the garage for decoration. :crackup: But unless you are being a tool, I don't think most cops really care about it.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Some people just do not believe in abiding by the law. Especially if it doesn't suit them. :facepalm:
Some people just want to be sheep and do whatever there told regardless if it makes sense or harms them or there property.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Status
Not open for further replies.