• Total voters

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Nope. I want my 3 pedals and H pattern. It doesn't matter if it's slower. It's just too much fun rowing through the gears and heel/toe downshifting all the damn time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't install a DCT in my GT350 even if they paid me to take it. I might consider one in the '70 convertible, though. That's just for cruising around on the streets.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Can you add a third option of "Oh Heeeelllllzzz No"?

Nope. I want my 3 pedals and H pattern. It doesn't matter if it's slower. It's just too much fun rowing through the gears and heel/toe downshifting all the damn time.
This all week long and twice on Sunday. It's 100% about the driving experience and not about raw numbers. I will agree that I think it could/should be a viable option for the folks that want one. That's fine. But not either/or.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
No, No, No and No!!! I understand that times have changed and auto makers are really good at blurring the lines of what the definition of an automobile can be. A 4 door coupe is one good example. Part of the pure definition of a sports car is having a manual transmission. Without it something is just not the same with the experience. I completely agree that it is not just about the raw numbers. Technological advancement does not always mean superior in all facets. Maybe like high end stereo. Digital is awesome but many audiophiles prefer records and the warmer analog sound and all the little imperfections that come with it.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yes. Ultimately hands down faster with a DCT on track. But who says you cant have a manual for street and a DCT for track?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes. Ultimately hands down faster with a DCT on track. But who says you cant have a manual for street and a DCT for track?
I'd rather have a manual on the track even more so than on the street. IMO there's nothing better than perfectly matching the revs on a heel toe downshift going into a corner.

When I go to the track it's all for fun. I don't win a prize if I get around a second or two faster. So, I have no desire to have a DCT on track.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't do it, but I would like to drive one as I think the quick shifts would complement the RPM well.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have never had anything but a manual sports car and never will. Automatics are for the masses, not the few.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
No. Because of weight. I FULLY realize I nit pick the fvck out of this topic but I really don't want my car to creep anywhere closer to 3800lbs than it already is.
Sponsored