Sponsored

DCT fluid leak *update* got it back fixed.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Another update.

The first dealer I called called me back today. It’s the dealer I’ve used since I bought my first new car in 95 (a black mustang GTS). They said bring it by anytime and they’ll put it on the lift and see what’s up. If it’s not bad, they can get parts ordered and handle it. As I’ve said, almost certain it’s not major. The dealer ford called for me called later. They are 2 months out for transmission work. I explained to her that it’s not exactly trans, just cooler and lines and she said if the other dealer can’t do it, to call them back, but she said sounds like they might be a bit quicker if they can get it in.

That said, I’m bringing it Wednesday am. I told her that once I got it there, that’s it, I won’t chance driving again with the apparent leak rate. Getting there should be easy though. I’m going to drop it off and leave. Up to them then. They do have a rental place next door they use. Ford will only pay for a ford rental, or so I’m told. That dealership for sure. I’ll worry about loaner/rental when time comes. I’d be good for a couple weeks, but after that, I’ll need a ride. More importantly to me, I’m paying a monthly note for a gt500. I don’t want to pay that same note for a gt500 sitting at a shop while I drive something else. But I’ll cross that bridge when I’m come to it. For now, I’m glad I have a place to bring it and make progress not months out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell the dealership to call your local rental agency in set up appointment for you to pick up a rental car.

My Ford dealership has a rental car company on site. Tell them to use a vendor until a loaner car is available at the dealership.

Problem solved! They did this for me once.
the one that I’m bringing it to has a rental place next door that they use. But will only pay for another Ford. After they figure out what’s up and a repair time frame, will cross that bridge.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Tell the dealership to call your local rental agency in set up appointment for you to pick up a rental car.

My Ford dealership has a rental car company on site. Tell them to use a vendor until a loaner car is available at the dealership.

Problem solved! They did this for me once.
My dealer did the exact same thing for me.

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
My dealer did the exact same thing for me.
Just throw this option out there to them. I get it, My transmission guy was 3 weeks backed out as well after I bought a new car. In the end, I'm getting a new transmission and engine.

But I was able to drive my car around during this time because it didn't have a major problem at the time. Luckily I caught it before the transmission or engine gave out.

Sounds to me like Ford needs to work on their transmissions for future cars.. why are they booked at every dealership two or three weeks out,??

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just throw this option out there to them. I get it, My transmission guy was 3 weeks backed out as well after I bought a new car. In the end, I'm getting a new transmission and engine.

But I was able to drive my car around during this time because it didn't have a major problem at the time. Luckily I caught it before the transmission or engine gave out.

Sounds to me like Ford needs to work on their transmissions for future cars.. why are they booked at every dealership two or three weeks out,??
I wondered the same thing. But, as I don’t see a lot of chatter about it online, I suspect it’s more a worker shortage.

Why did you require both engine and trans? This a GT500?

Sponsored

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I wondered the same thing. But, as I don’t see a lot of chatter about it online, I suspect it’s more a worker shortage.

Why did you require both engine and trans? This a GT500?
I wouldn't say I needed a whole transmission, just a flywheel and clutch.

There was a cracked engine block near the flywheel. They are going to change everything out just to make sure the car is good to go. Ford's taking care of all the cost. Be careful when you're installing your clutch, apparently previous owner installed it correctly, but somehow the block got cracked.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car is in dealerships hands.

There’s about 1/4 cup of fluid in the pan I put under it after driving Sunday about 5 miles. That was just sitting there.

Damn, I enjoyed that drive to the dealership (8ish miles easy driving) and miss that car.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 days to arrive. If it’s not a big job (I don’t think it is) won’t be long. I hope to have it back Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully the next update is “got my car back”!

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I realize all of what you guys are saying. I really do. But what good is a warranty if no one will even look at it? I’m not going to do something to jeopardize my warranty. But I’ll fix a loose fitting for sure, or when I get done with whatever, they won’t know. I will be calling ford tomorrow. See what they say. I certainly have options for a driver. But no one I know has an extra car. Plus, it’s not their responsibility. And, let’s say rental. At 100$ a day for 65 days they quoted before even looking at it, why should I even have to? That’s the unacceptable part to me.

I know forddoesn’t have to provide a loaner. They’ve said that for years. It’s up to the dealer. My usual dealer has provided one for both cars I’ve bought from them and ones I didn’t. But, we back to the 65 day thing.
I guess i got lucky in some ways.. i bought my 18 used w/11k miles in June of this year, its been at dealer since 9/21.... at least they gave me a rental and are paying for everything... i just hope they fix it.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I guess i got lucky in some ways.. i bought my 18 used w/11k miles in June of this year, its been at dealer since 9/21.... at least they gave me a rental and are paying for everything... i just hope they fix it.
That's a loooong rental!

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
2 days to arrive. If it’s not a big job (I don’t think it is) won’t be long.
Yea not too bad. Are you in a rental? Most shops around here are backed up 3 weeks or more.

I'd ask for a rental if you don't have one. It might light a fire under them.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea not too bad. Are you in a rental? Most shops around here are backed up 3 weeks or more.

I'd ask for a rental if you don't have one. It might light a fire under them.
I’m good for the weekend. But come Monday/Tuesday, if it ain’t ready or close, I might be needing one. I can sort out a short time.
Sponsored