Sponsored

Dave Pericak talks 2015 Mustang on Autoline (Oct. 23, 2014)...

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

[ame]
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm waiting for everyone to chime in at the 7.5Min mark LOL.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
:bump: Great interview, plus I'm a huge fan of John's from back when he was on Speed (I think)

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It was good...seems a few potential hints were dropped. Wonder if the all aluminum Mustang comes to fruition in the next couple of years? Things that make you go....hmmmmmmmm. This would be BADASS! Drop maybe 150-200lbs? Holy CRAP!!

Same for the FPC motor...

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Dave is such a great spokesman for Mustang with his obvious deep knowledge, fan awareness and enthusiasm, smiles, and gracious charm. He always makes you feel like the future for Mustang is very bright.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
he said nothing about an aluminum mustang nor did he even hint towards it. All Dave said was to confirm the durability of the aluminum hood and fender panels when he was asked about the early S197 rust problems

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I beleive what was referred to was the discussion of the complete use of aluminum in the F150 and John hinted at the Mustang moving that way and Dave smiled. We already know that they had doors engineered and ready to go in aluminum. The common thought is the Mustang structure is destined to loose weight in the future. Ford spent a ton of money on this redesign and had to limit expenses somewhere. I would expect an aluminum intensive Mustang in the near future. It will likely be a statement model due to cost but that usually trickles down in 3-5 years. The bonding technology exists to join aluminum panels to steel structures so it may just evolve into an aluminum car. That said composites could very well be used as well.

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I beleive what was referred to was the discussion of the complete use of aluminum in the F150 and John hinted at the Mustang moving that way and Dave smiled. We already know that they had doors engineered and ready to go in aluminum. The common thought is the Mustang structure is destined to loose weight in the future. Ford spent a ton of money on this redesign and had to limit expenses somewhere. I would expect an aluminum intensive Mustang in the near future. It will likely be a statement model due to cost but that usually trickles down in 3-5 years. The bonding technology exists to join aluminum panels to steel structures so it may just evolve into an aluminum car. That said composites could very well be used as well.
That is exactly what I'm expecting, too, Tim.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dave is such a great spokesman for Mustang with his obvious deep knowledge, fan awareness and enthusiasm, smiles, and gracious charm. He always makes you feel like the future for Mustang is very bright.
:amen:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The one thing where his logic makes no sense is talking about the V6.

They said they put the V6 in there to make it the entry level model for $$$ conscious buyers, yet they have base level models to keep the price point down for the EB and GT also yet offer premium features for those models that have the $$$.

So again, why not offer the V6 in premium for those that have the $$$ and those that don't will get the V6 base at the lowest price point.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe

They said they put the V6 in there to make it the entry level model for $$$ conscious buyers, yet they have base level models to keep the price point down for the EB and GT also yet offer premium features for those models that have the $$$.

So again, why not offer the V6 in premium for those that have the $$$ and those that don't will get the V6 base at the lowest price point.
Because they are phasing out the v6 and want people to be more pressured to get the EB to be able to get the premium. I know what you're saying, but this is why I think.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

The V6 is the price point car. Offering the Premium V6 crosses over the Eco price point. I look at it as a loss leader, for Ford and for Dealers, the car is there solely to say hey you can buy a Mustang for $XXX. Then they are up sold to an Eco or GT.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The V6 is the price point car. Offering the Premium V6 crosses over the Eco price point. I look at it as a loss leader, for Ford and for Dealers, the car is there solely to say hey you can buy a Mustang for $XXX. Then they are up sold to an Eco or GT.
We'll see if it works. I was at Koons in Falls Church VA and they had an EB with PP and a few GTs and a few V6s.

As soon as the people found out the EB was a 4 cylinder and they heard it, there was nothing the sales guy could do. They went immediately over to the V6 and started talking aftermarket things to do to it. 2 people did that while I was there.

Ford would be wise to offer the V6 in premium..otherwise they are losing around 3k-5k in aftermarket $$$ that is going to go to someone other then them when the V6 buyers upgrade their seats/wheels, etc.
Sponsored