Sponsored

Dave Pericak speaks a bit about the Mustang's future

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We’re frying a lot of bacon in this thread when we should be scrambling eggs.
The Mustang's bacon is being fried.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yes, every scientist and the people who fund research are used car salesmen. Keep buying more tin foil.

Maybe more people should actually understand science before they declare all of it it rigged and agenda-driven. Yes, human biases can be found in research, but that's why the method works and peer review process works.
Phew, im glad there are some sensible people on this forum! I thought i was the only one who trusted scientists. Some people are so blinkered it's scary.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I agree, the problem is we cannot talk about the future of the mustang without also touching on the subject of climate change and how the mustang will evolve to meet new and upcoming regulations...
Yeah, this is like over on MR, where there are topics that have some political overlap, and unfortunately, those wind up in PRSI, which is a f***ing mess.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Clearly, there are people whose perspective on the climate comes down to this: Climate Change = Al Gore = Profits = Lefties = Bunk.

I have a long time friend, incredibly bright guy, a truly unique intellect, got involved in machine learning decades ago, founded several consortiums for open source ML library development. He eventually wound up doing support for all sorts of global projects, using super computer cycles and ML for cancer research, DNA mapping, and also plenty of earth sciences like climatology. When I was still on Facebook (been gone for ~3 years), I would occasionally bump into an old acquaintance whose perspective on "global warming", was purely political, his support for his view, was always a narrative of some kind of global left wing cabal, altering studies, interfering with peer reviews to push their agenda (what that agenda was, he could never say ...).

I invited my aforementioned friend into a debate one time, where the latter guy was asking all sorts of questions, I knew the research/ML guy had some perspective on - while he's not a climatologist, in working with plenty of PhDs in earth related sciences (spent years in Europe with some of the brightest people in the field), he got to have a decent understanding of the subject matter (like I've picked up some understanding of clinical trials and law enforcement processes as a developer of such systems). Anyway, he divulged what he could, was unbelievably cordial, attempted to explain things, and my acquaintance? Nope, wasn't having any of it - always a mix of you can't prove that, it's been tampered, that's based on fake news, clearly the data is a results of political agenda and not objective measurements and reviews.

Anyway, I think this a __bad__ topic for anything other than the designated PRSI area (which is why I steer WAY away from there ... :crazy:)
Well when you have a topic like Climate Change where passing laws and regulations to curb peoples lives whether it be minuscule or dramatic is automatically going to become political. Both religion and climate change ironically both are very similar. There was a neurologist that did MRI's on people and showed that Climate Change and Religion both light up the same parts of the brain, which to me shows that sadly humanity can be easily manipulated. Many believe science is infallible and that is just as dangerous as a religious zealot blowing himself up for Allah. Also the word Climate Change is a total misnomer because the climate is always changing and always will, words are powerful things and to use them to manipulate a large population of people does a complete disservice to those people they claim to want to protect.

There have been warming periods and cooling periods through out human history and long before. The truth is we really don't know and I am no trying to pick a debate with you and I am not defending your friend who rejects everything. I am open to research but as far as the research I have seen its either been garbage in garbage out type data or there is money involved and sadly you can find that type of corruption all through out government and private sector.

I would love to come back 100 years from now and see the world and ask them about Climate Change that will be funny to hear about a bye gone era's belief.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Look at this way.

If the tin hat brigade (it's all a hoax, conspiracy theories blah blah) are correct then what have we lost out on? Maybe lost a bit in taxes, lost the V8/combustion engine, had to make lifestyle changes etc.

If the scientists are correct and the tin hat brigade are wrong, then there are potentially serious consequences for the planet which would dramatically impact everybodys lives.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Look at this way.

If the tin hat brigade (it's all a hoax, conspiracy theories blah blah) are correct then what have we lost out on? Maybe lost a bit in taxes, lost the V8/combustion engine, had to make lifestyle changes etc.

If the scientists are correct and the tin hat brigade are wrong, then there are potentially serious consequences for the planet which would dramatically impact everybodys lives.
I don't think scientists are saying that there will be drama. Only politicians.

And can we stop the name calling already? Please?

If you really believe this stuff I don't understand why you would own a Mustang. You should have an old CRX or something.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at this way.

I've heard this line bandied about in many different forms. That is a very scary ideological belief to have because where do you draw the line? What if someone's version of protecting us from climate change is totally different from your version. I've heard people go so far to say is start killing off the worlds population to save the planet. What about the nut job in Sweden claimed we should start eating humans to save the world from climate change?

I'm sorry I'll roll the dice as of right now considering the evidence and side with the tin foil hat brigade because at least that guy isn't telling me to kill the worlds population or eat my neighbor. Are we sure the nut jobs wearing the tin foil hats are the real crazy ones?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Look at this way.

At this point, I think the more alarmist opinions on either side of this matter are only looking through their own 'worst-case' lenses. Reality probably lies somewhere in the middle, at least as far as performance cars in general or Mustangs in particular are concerned.

Norm

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Says the person who is probably a die hard manual fan because of the "feeling" of driving a manual. Regardless if an A10 gives you .5sec quicker 0-60... :like:
I fall into the category that the thrill of the car is the experience that matters, not just what the stopwatch says. In other words, if the stopwatch didn't exist, and we were forced to choose based on how it felt and how much enjoyment you had, I personally wouldn't change my mind later if I was later told the other was 1 second faster.

Almost like dating, I guess it's all about what you like, it's your money. But I applauded this guy if he is thinking in terms of how much enjoyment it gives when they design. There sure are a lot of faster ones out there if that's all this is about, be in manual or A10. How about a dual motor Tesla?
Sponsored