NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Like I said, i trust the vast majority of scientists. But you trust conspiracy theorists and YouTube videos. Im surprised you're not sceptical on the age of the planet and think it was created 10,000 years ago or that the Earth is flat.
I trust conspiracy theorists?

I do?

Son, you've been indoctrinated into one of the biggest scams ever, and you're accusing me of believing in conspiracies??

Study critical thinking a bit. Learn to observe and think for yourself. Look at the world around you, see what's happening, and think for yourself.

Stop listening to screeching retards like Thunberg and Gore, and think for yourself.
Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
So, all these issues with getting ICE within 10-30 years in a lot of places, it would seem the used market will start booming. There's no possible way there will be enough electric/hybrid cars out there for what people will be driving them. And with all of the electronics, it is steadly increasing the consumer cost for companies to recoop their R&D costs. ANd usually a car becomes emissions excempt in 25 years of manufacture date.

Lots of advancements will need to take place in order a lot of what everyone is speaking of..... Just my 0.02

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So, all these issues with getting ICE within 10-30 years in a lot of places, it would seem the used market will start booming. There's no possible way there will be enough electric/hybrid cars out there for what people will be driving them. And with all of the electronics, it is steadly increasing the consumer cost for companies to recoop their R&D costs. ANd usually a car becomes emissions excempt in 25 years of manufacture date.

Lots of advancements will need to take place in order a lot of what everyone is speaking of..... Just my 0.02
Most EV's are way to expensive most of us to buy unless the manufactures get the price way down there's no way EV's will replace ICE cars. And the trend looks like EV's are moving to luxury cars like the new Cadillacs getting ready to come out. So the manufactures are starting push high profit EV's for the affluent rich in crowd so they can feel there doing their part to save the planet.

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
I’m sorry but that’s looks ugly as shit.
I have to agree. At first reveal I thought the Mach E styling was not bad, but the more videos I see of it in real-world driving scenes, the more clumsy it looks to me. Such a turn-off.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Like I said, i trust the vast majority of scientists.
As individuals doing research in the absence of any pressures or external agenda, sure. But that's not a final answer.

For one thing, I have to wonder how much influence those scientists have on each other. They aren't working in their own little vacuum chambers isolated from the rest of the world and each other.

As members of what's generally a liberal culture - colleges and universities being where research chases theoretical perfection - I doubt that such scientists can keep all bias out of their studies. Even if it's only what they've already picked up and adopted by some osmosis effect from the amount of time they've already spent in the academic environment.

The matter of what gets published quite possibly containing at least a little bias has already been addressed.

Norm

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For one thing, I have to wonder how much influence those scientists have on each other. They aren't working in their own little vacuum chambers isolated from the rest of the world and each other.
If you watch any science show about space the ALWAY talk about black holes and there's never one dissenting opinion that they, black holes my not exist. Kind of makes you wonder about the scientific community all they all getting paid to say the same thing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From the EPA:

global_emissions_sector_2015.png

Transportation includes shipping, freight, and air travel. Targeting low volume sportscars and evil polar-bear killing v8's is pointless. So much more change needs to be made before we actually make a dent in global emissions. Changes that are not as "easy" as banning ICE cars.
Graph leaves out the biggest greenhouse gas of all (H2O). Needs to be updated so over half is labeled: Oceans.

Instead of wind turbines we should be making giant sponges or pool covers.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you watch any science show about space the ALWAY talk about black holes and there's never one dissenting opinion that they, black holes my not exist. Kind of makes you wonder about the scientific community all they all getting paid to say the same thing.
It's got to be easier to ascertain the mere existence of something than to predict the future behavior with equal certainty of something where the mechanisms involved aren't as fully understood or even as fully known.

Norm

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
If you watch any religious show about religion they ALWAYS talk about God and there's never one dissenting opinion that God may not exist. Kind of makes you wonder about the religious community are they all getting paid to say the same thing.
Just drawing a parallel. And before anyone decides that I’m an atheist, I am an Elder in the Presbyterian Church and lead one of the choirs and play bass in the band that supports them.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's got to be easier to ascertain the mere existence of something than to predict the future behavior with equal certainty of something where the mechanisms involved aren't as fully understood or even as fully known.
Usually, yes, but in this case we're talking about something you can't perceive in any way, whose very nature (assuming it does exist) makes it impossible to perceive, and whose existence was not exactly ascertained, but just mathematically calculated based on effects which could not be reasonably explained otherwise.
And while the concept of black holes does at least sound reasonable and believable (and frankly, I do believe that black holes actually exist), the so-called 'dark matter' does not (at least to me). At some point in time they discovered that some phenomena did not fit the existing theories and equations. So they thought: "what if there was some strange, invisible, matter, that behaved precisely so and so... Oh look! The equations make sense now! So that must be it! Dark matter exists!!!" Very scientific, isn't it? It reminds me of the ancient concept of aether - when you can't explain something, invent a mythical element that fits your expectations.

I'm not discussing whether global warming exists, or whether we are to blame for it. Maybe it does, and maybe we are. Who knows. All I know is that if, by some miracle, someone managed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it doesn't exist, and that we've been worrying for nothing, an awful lot of people and organizations would be extremely, extremely upset.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We can't see it, but we can observe the gravitational effect upon and from it.
Can we? Are we really observing its gravitational effect? Or are we actually observing an error in the equations that we're using to compute the gravitation? We don't know yet.

Wait, is this the NASA forums, or the Mustang forum...
Actually, back in the good old days, when NASA was sending men to the Moon and astronauts were more famous than pop stars, they used to drive good, beautiful, fast cars. I believe Corvettes, if memory serves. So we may not be too far off. NASA and muscle cars go hand in hand. :D

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Even the multinationals (Amazon) are laughing at the stupidity
Screenshot_20200224-084205~2.png

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the total ban on ice for a minute.

How about a tightening of emissions and increases in tax resulting in the V8’s naturally getting pushed to the side in favour of small high power turbo engines running in a self charging hybrid format ?

In countries where the V8 is already frowned upon a little (e.g. the UK), it makes for a very easy target ...

I think that’s a much more realistic proposition with a (very) high chance of implementation - less infrastructure implications etc.

On another note, fords jumping on the hybrid thing big time in the UK. I ran yesterday morning and virtually every billboard in the area is pushing the puma hybrid with the Mach e sat in the back ground of the photo ...

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This is already happening here. We have an unjust, exponential tax scheme, which makes big engines impossible to afford (or at least to justify) for the majority of the population. As soon as you go past two liters, things go awry unexpectedly fast.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Forget the total ban on ice for a minute.

How about a tightening of emissions and increases in tax resulting in the V8’s naturally getting pushed to the side in favour of small high power turbo engines running in a self charging hybrid format ?
Pushed aside without being eliminated might be acceptable.

I think any possibility of losing the V8 is less about the V8 than about the individual losing the ability to make his own choices. Being stuck with somebody else's notion of what you're supposed to want is like having to wear clothes or shoes that don't fit.

Norm
Sponsored