Data Logging with SCT X4?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I picked up a used SCT X4 to do data logging with. Does anyone know how or if I can log charge air temps (IAT2) with it? At first glance, it doesn't look possible. When I went into monitoring/logging and tried to set the gauges, I could find IAT but not IAT2. I set it up for 8 gauges and was able to get everything else I wanted except for that. It isn't a big deal if I can't, I don't need lots of data on that parameter but it would be convenient instead of having to check that using an OBD2 + iPhone solution separately.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's at the bottom of environment in PID's
pid.jpg
The light bulb just came on. I was missing a much bigger piece. From the screenshot I see you're somehow selecting that in the LiveLink software on the computer. I was just going through the handheld and selecting gauges. I haven't figured out the software or how to transfer the config for data logging over to the handheld yet. Thanks!

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
Does this tuner need to be installed (IE a Cobb AP) to monitor our engines?

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
The light bulb just came on. I was missing a much bigger piece. From the screenshot I see you're somehow selecting that in the LiveLink software on the computer. I was just going through the handheld and selecting gauges. I haven't figured out the software or how to transfer the config for data logging over to the handheld yet. Thanks!
It's actually super easy. And there's a ridiculous amount of PID's to monitor. Follow this guide and you'll be all set!

https://support.bamaperformance.com/hc/en-us/articles/202545589-How-to-Datalog-with-the-Bama-SCT-X4-SF4

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Does this tuner need to be installed (IE a Cobb AP) to monitor our engines?
No, that's the reason I got this. I had the Cobb AP before and loved it for data logging and monitoring. The problem is the only way to use it for anything is to install it. since I have the FP Tune, I can't very well do that.

Since you don't have to install it, I would imagine you can probably pick a used one up cheap that someone forgot to unmarry from their car. To get it unlocked, you have to send it back to SCT and pay $150. So you should be able to get it for less than $200 easy since they are $400 new. Even unmarried, you can find used X4s pretty cheap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone using the SCT X4 to data log with have a recommendation for a good PID for throttle position. The one's that Bama recommends might be good for their purposes but I'm looking for something different. I just want to see when I'm logging when I was 100% on the throttle. The ones that Bama recommends aret more what is from the ECU. I tried another PID under ECM> Throttle> throttle position absolute but with my foot off the pedal, it reads ~15% and WOT, it reads ~85%. I'm looking for one that will simply read 0% with my foot off the pedal and always 100% as long as my foot is wide open throttle and of course the other percentages in between for cruise.

Also, just to see the actual timing that is being used, is ECM> SPARK> spark advance the best PID to use?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone using the SCT X4 to data log with have a recommendation for a good PID for throttle position. The one's that Bama recommends might be good for their purposes but I'm looking for something different. I just want to see when I'm logging when I was 100% on the throttle. The ones that Bama recommends aret more what is from the ECU. I tried another PID under ECM> Throttle> throttle position absolute but with my foot off the pedal, it reads ~15% and WOT, it reads ~85%. I'm looking for one that will simply read 0% with my foot off the pedal and always 100% as long as my foot is wide open throttle and of course the other percentages in between for cruise.

Also, just to see the actual timing that is being used, is ECM> SPARK> spark advance the best PID to use?
80-85% is WOT. There is no 100%. You may be able to put in a conversion table into the Units. But that is normal. Throttle position actual is what the ECU is commanding, Throttle position desired is how much you are giving it. Between the two you can see if there is any lag.

ANd use Spark Advance V2

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
80-85% is WOT. There is no 100%. You may be able to put in a conversion table into the Units. But that is normal. Throttle position actual is what the ECU is commanding, Throttle position desired is how much you are giving it. Between the two you can see if there is any lag.

ANd use Spark Advance V2
Thanks again for the help! There are so many throttle position PIDs, it's difficult to find the right ones. You aren't talking about in the section for Drive by wire right? In the section labeled Throttle, there's throttle angle actual and desired, you mean those? It says the units measured is degrees and is not changeable, was hoping for % but I guess I can make do.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes those are the ones I was talking about. Hmmm strange that the units cant be changed, although SCT can get REALLY funky when doing conversions such as Boost converting to Psi.

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes those are the ones I was talking about. Hmmm strange that the units cant be changed, although SCT can get REALLY funky when doing conversions such as Boost converting to Psi.
Yeah, I haven't finished playing with boost yet. I want to get that logging just as you would see it on the gauge. To start with, I setup the log per the bama instructions and then did the conversion including my altitude from kpa to psi. I'm still selecting different PIDs and units of measure trying to find the best. If you have a recommendation for that too, would be helpful.
Sponsored