Sponsored

Dash Rattles and the car isn't even two weeks old.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Techs are never trained to fix rattles. Hope they didn't scrape/scratch/scuff/etc the crap out of your interior (plus dings, scratches, chips, etc on the exterior too), like they did with a new Lexus LS when I learned that lesson the hard way. And of course they said it was like that, which pissed me off even more. Since then, I've fixed all my rattles, and with zero damage. Haven't been 100% successful every time, but no way I'd take a car to a dealer just for that, but that's just me. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Sponsored

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
Techs are never trained to fix rattles. Hope they didn't scrape/scratch/scuff/etc the crap out of your interior (plus dings, scratches, chips, etc on the exterior too), like they did with a new Lexus LS when I learned that lesson the hard way. And of course they said it was like that, which pissed me off even more. Since then, I've fixed all my rattles, and with zero damage. Haven't been 100% successful every time, but no way I'd take a car to a dealer just for that, but that's just me. Good luck, and keep us posted.
I agree with you. That is why I tried to do it on my own. Plus I want to avoid anyone during covid

Deleted member 35775

What kind of rattles did you have? Keep me posted after u pick it up.
for the most part, dealer's efforts have had positive results by reducing the amount of rattle noise. however, there are still a couple of rattles that are still present . my summary update is below

Fixed:
  1. Headliner rattle that sounded like loose change: issue was caused by loose bolt holding the XM Radio antenna to the roof and issue was fixed
  2. C-Pilars: issue caused by bent/broken clips, new ones installed and issue Fixed.
  3. Loose mounting screws for rear deck speakers; i tightened all screws because they're aftermarket speakers so this is no longer a contributing rattle.
  4. Dash rattle, passenger side, loose clips, new ones installed and issue Fixed
Partially fixed
  1. Dash rattle, driver side, still occurs but mainly on really rough roads
Not fixed
  1. Trunk area, the dealer couldn't resolve the issue. I believe this might be caused by a loose clamp connecting my H-Pipe to the driver-side muffler. I looked under my car and was able to physically move the muffler up and down (by grabbing the tips). i also noticed the muffler hanger is not seated inside the rubber grommet and there's a black soot-like material where the clamps connect the H-pipe to the exhaust. Passenger-side muffler is firmly in place and doesn't move. i'm taking my car to local repair shop to have the H-pipe connections welded in place
if correcting the H-pipe connection issue resolves the trunk rattle, i can live with the less noticeable dash rattle. and... looks like i need some new rear tires, lol. i have 20K miles on the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (305/35 20). i welcome any recommended tire options.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
When you replace the MPSSes, get MP4Ses. Once you go Michelin, you can’t go back.

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
for the most part, dealer's efforts have had positive results by reducing the amount of rattle noise. however, there are still a couple of rattles that are still present . my summary update is below

Fixed:
  1. Headliner rattle that sounded like loose change: issue was caused by loose bolt holding the XM Radio antenna to the roof and issue was fixed
  2. C-Pilars: issue caused by bent/broken clips, new ones installed and issue Fixed.
  3. Loose mounting screws for rear deck speakers; i tightened all screws because they're aftermarket speakers so this is no longer a contributing rattle.
  4. Dash rattle, passenger side, loose clips, new ones installed and issue Fixed
Partially fixed
  1. Dash rattle, driver side, still occurs but mainly on really rough roads
Not fixed
  1. Trunk area, the dealer couldn't resolve the issue. I believe this might be caused by a loose clamp connecting my H-Pipe to the driver-side muffler. I looked under my car and was able to physically move the muffler up and down (by grabbing the tips). i also noticed the muffler hanger is not seated inside the rubber grommet and there's a black soot-like material where the clamps connect the H-pipe to the exhaust. Passenger-side muffler is firmly in place and doesn't move. i'm taking my car to local repair shop to have the H-pipe connections welded in place
if correcting the H-pipe connection issue resolves the trunk rattle, i can live with the less noticeable dash rattle. and... looks like i need some new rear tires, lol. i have 20K miles on the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (305/35 20). i welcome any recommended tire options.
What kinda dash rattle did you have on the passenger side area and which clips are u referring to? I think I have a similar issue. Not sure if it's the a pillar.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yep; three of them, in my case... but was able to fish out one good clip. And the GT350 gauge pod came with 2, so barely made it. If somebody knows the part number, please post it, to buy a handful. As an FYI, the vents also squeak against the dash trim part. I had a rubber washer that I cut in small long pieces to insert on top of the vents (once the dash piece was installed), stuffed with a thin plastic trim tool, and they're invisible, and worked perfectly. I also had a hard time fixing the alignment of the stupid small piece to the right of the glovebox, since the plastic part on the top piece where the top (metal) clip of that small piece latches to was deformed when pulling on the small piece. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you will when you see that the top doesn't align with the top trim piece :D. Good luck.
W717661S300 is the part number for the yellow ones, they come in packs of 4. Good idea to order a bag before you do any dash work at all. I'm pretty sure you can use them to replace blue ones too, but I have to double check that.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It’s only a color difference. The yellow, blue, and white ones are otherwise identical.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks guys. I ordered some from Amazon (pinkish) that I'm waiting to receive, to have as spares. Several 2018+ Ford owners reported them being identical, so went ahead and order them. Probably a lot cheaper than stock, and also probably made by the same company. But I typically prefer to order OEM stuff, so now that the p/n is there, I'd order those instead. Thanks again for posting that.

Deleted member 35775

What kinda dash rattle did you have on the passenger side area and which clips are u referring to? I think I have a similar issue. Not sure if it's the a pillar.
rattle sounded like some metal piece floating in a hard-plastic case. the dealership told me that 3 of the clips were loose or separated and needed to be replaced. unfortunately, the dash rattle is still present on the driver side. also turned out that the loose muffler clamp and muffler was causing the trunk rattle. glad that fix worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
rattle sounded like some metal piece floating in a hard-plastic case. the dealership told me that 3 of the clips were loose or separated and needed to be replaced. unfortunately, the dash rattle is still present on the driver side. also turned out that the loose muffler clamp and muffler was causing the trunk rattle. glad that fix worked.
I was playing around different areas around the passenger side dash. One thing you can look at it is washer fluid pipe that hangs around the passenger side part of the hood that can rattle. Another thing is try to smack the a-pillar and see if there's any buzz coming out. ItI placed some thin strip of foam in there between the a pillar and the windshield and the rattle is gone.

Sponsored

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
I feel like over the bumps there is a little rattle buzz around door and a pillar area on the passenger side. Can't point exactly where. I did place some foam in the glovebox area so I know it's not that.

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
Popping the vent out is easy but I tried to get off the chome piece, and let me tell ya it isn't worth it. I broke one of the 4 tabs by applying like 5 pounds of pressure max.
I took off the front trim and lost like 4 plastic tabs in the dash area. Hopefully they don't rattle now. It's a very cheap material

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My new car makes all kinds of noises when going over broken asphalt, so it's definitely NOT put well together. But as long as I don't have constant rattles, I can tolerate them. But the problem is when you have rattles like that, it's usually only a matter of time before they become permanent. Or a lot more frequent. We'll see.

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
My new car makes all kinds of noises when going over broken asphalt, so it's definitely NOT put well together. But as long as I don't have constant rattles, I can tolerate them. But the problem is when you have rattles like that, it's usually only a matter of time before they become permanent. Or a lot more frequent. We'll see.
Yea I agree, my wife's kia sorento has solid interior and my 15 year old bmw has no rattles. I wish they could have spent few dollars exta to get more padding and better plastics.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yea I agree, my wife's kia sorento has solid interior and my 15 year old bmw has no rattles. I wish they could have spent few dollars exta to get more padding and better plastics.
Agreed that the stang should have better padding/thought. But, my friends 20 year old BMWs rattles so fucking loudly. Especially the Z3, the damn door pulls and doorcards are legit cardboard and the dash is rattling/cracking and glove box is falling apart.
Sponsored