Sponsored

Dash Rattles and the car isn't even two weeks old.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
With my experience, pulling off panels and trying to fix them, usually just seems to loosen them up more and makes it worse. It is what it is. It can be annoying, but I just don't worry about it. That's what the exhaust and stereo are for.
It definitely does seem to make things looser, but I'm hoping the felt tape adds enough to fill the gap and prevent any rattle while still allowing it to properly secure in place.
Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When my car was new I had a rattle (more like a buzzing) from that general area on some road surfaces, but if I pressed on the "grille" area on top of the dash, or the silver trim piece above the center vents, it would go away for a while. It seems to have gone away on it's own (for now) before I could really track it down. Good luck. (You'd think after 100+ years of making cars, they'd figure this kind of thing out.)

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
ha! i guess i'll have to try some felt, if the dealer can't figure it out. over 60K later, dash rattle! I love the car, i'll love it even more when i don't have to blast the music with someone else in the car, just so i don't hear the rattling. i was hoping 50 years later they wouldn't still rattle, as my first car was 69 coupe. kinda sad when i go over bumps it takes me right back to my 69 :)
I'm sure you'll still love it even with the rattles. I bought my car knowing that it's gonna have some rattling but that doesn't at all deter me from the driving experience I get from the Mustang.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
When my car was new I had a rattle (more like a buzzing) from that general area on some road surfaces, but if I pressed on the "grille" area on top of the dash, or the silver trim piece above the center vents, it would go away for a while. It seems to have gone away on it's own (for now) before I could really track it down. Good luck. (You'd think after 100+ years of making cars, they'd figure this kind of thing out.)
yeah, it was okay, then i pulled off the panel...it almost completely went away and now it seems to have gotten a bit worse or about back to the same. you really would think by 2019 with a digital dash cluster, the s*** 6 inches to right of it wouldn't rattle for every bump you go over. yes the stereo and exhaust cover it. but sometimes i just wanna hear the exhaust alone and all i hear is the exhaust and rattle rattle rattle.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you'll still love it even with the rattles. I bought my car knowing that it's gonna have some rattling but that doesn't at all deter me from the driving experience I get from the Mustang.
i guess it's hell of a lot of better than engine tick or trans failure, i was going into it knowing maybe down the road this could be a problem. didn't think these newer mustangs would have rattles though. Knock on wood for the engine and trans. :crackup: i still love the car, a lot!

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
With the dash panels on, I just jammed a piece of cardboard like 1/8inch thick into there and now it doesnt rattle. Also i swapped out the clips because they got pretty loose after i manhandled them lol
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW25CGD/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Untitled.png

I think the best way to tackle it instead of the way I did it or felt tape is to use sponge tape or some sound deadening tape. Something thicker because the gap behind the dash trim is bigger than most trim.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My ā€˜15 GT had a dash rattle too when I got it with 5k miles. I had an aftermarket exhaust, live in SoCal, and often drive with both windows down, so rarely heard it.

Itā€™s how many Fords are. My 2 VWs donā€™t rattle at all.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Two gotcha places for "dash rattles" in the S550 Mustang:

1) if you put a metal flask of any kind in the cup holders, it sounds like a dash rattle, but it's actually the cup holder retainers rattling against the cupholder
2) if you don't use the retainer bracket for the owner's manual (the yellow lever inside the glove compartment), I've heard that rattle when nothing's in there. Solution: put the owner's manual in it (inside the fabric case that the dealer gave it to you with) :like:

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
My ā€˜15 GT had a dash rattle too when I got it with 5k miles. I had an aftermarket exhaust, live in SoCal, and often drive with both windows down, so rarely heard it.

Itā€™s how many Fords are. My 2 VWs donā€™t rattle at all.
That's Ford's interior quality for ya! lol :crackup:

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
With the dash panels on, I just jammed a piece of cardboard like 1/8inch thick into there and now it doesnt rattle. Also i swapped out the clips because they got pretty loose after i manhandled them lol
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FW25CGD/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Untitled.png

I think the best way to tackle it instead of the way I did it or felt tape is to use sponge tape or some sound deadening tape. Something thicker because the gap behind the dash trim is bigger than most trim.
hmm. okay, you really used cardboard?

Sponsored
OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Two gotcha places for "dash rattles" in the S550 Mustang:

1) if you put a metal flask of any kind in the cup holders, it sounds like a dash rattle, but it's actually the cup holder retainers rattling against the cupholder
2) if you don't use the retainer bracket for the owner's manual (the yellow lever inside the glove compartment), I've heard that rattle when nothing's in there. Solution: put the owner's manual in it (inside the fabric case that the dealer gave it to you with) :like:
yooooooooooo! this was one of the clunkiest rattles, that owners manual! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. it's always the simple sh*t. :cwl:
the baby rattle is still there, but in sport exhaust, you can hardly hear it. will try some sponge tape. was also thinking possibly to dynamat that entire panel. what do you think?

Last edited:

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
For the manual compartment I just folded 2 microfiber cloths and then snugly closed it on them. I left the manual in the main glove-box instead. For my car, that dash rattle was caused by the chrome bezel around the gauges that come off with the paneling. I just wedged a piece of cardboard in between the white plastic and the gauge piece. Another rattle that I thought was dash related was actually my mirror vibrating on the windshield right above it. (The plastic "L" shaped piece that comes down from the headliner to the mirror.)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any better pics of the Center dash area where youā€™re saying itā€™s different in the 2019 than a 2018?

Have you driven around with the upper dash assembly off (like in your picture) to see if the rattle is still there when driving with it off?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
My 16 has no rattles and is very solid. Not trying to say mine is better but I am trying to say that this is not a thing with these cars. Iā€™ve read lots of threads here with many people saying the same thing.

Good luck with finding the rattle. Iā€™d be very annoyed. I would think if it donā€™t rattle with everything apart then new clips and felt would fix all that ?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My 16 has no rattles and is very solid. Not trying to say mine is better but I am trying to say that this is not a thing with these cars. Iā€™ve read lots of threads here with many people saying the same thing.

Good luck with finding the rattle. Iā€™d be very annoyed. I would think if it donā€™t rattle with everything apart then new clips and felt would fix all that ?
It is a thing, just not on your car. There are tolerances for every part and if you get the extreme end on both, you're getting all the rattles. If you get get a mix or perfect parts, you're getting none.

Yes to the second part.

I'll definitely look in to trying the cardboard pieces too if the felt tape doesn't fix my issues.
Sponsored