Sponsored

Dash Rattles and the car isn't even two weeks old.

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have a weird dash rattle. I searched videos and forums, but haven't really found the same rattle that I have. The car is less than two weeks old. I have a dash rattle from behind the two gauges between the center vents of the car (pictured). I did pull of the main dash panel with the two vents and gauges, but nothing seemed to be loose. I do have 19 GT Premium with the 401A, but unlike this picture I have the B&O system, so the top panel in the center of the dash looks a bit different. Does anyone else have this problem? Every little bump I go over I feel like I'm back in my 69 stang with the freakin dash rattle! :"( Most of the time I'm driving around with the music up and the windows down, but when I have someone else in the car all I hear is dash rattle and exhaust. I'm sure it's coming somewhere from the circled area, but no matter what I press on it never stops rattling!
2018-ford-mustang-gt-review-229-1500x1000.jpg
Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Yes, mine does that, too. My console does, as well...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Mine lately has been loose/rattling from a combination of the front panel and the top above where your center speaker would be (with the lines across). Pushing at the left most side of the front panel or the center of the top panel quiets it down for me. I've got some replacement clips coming and hopefully that will fix my issues.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Mine lately has been loose/rattling from a combination of the front panel and the top above where your center speaker would be (with the lines across). Pushing at the left most side of the front panel or the center of the top panel quiets it down for me. I've got some replacement clips coming and hopefully that will fix my issues.
any solutions? planning to take it to the dealer tomorrow, but very scared of the dealer.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Normal.

Turn the stereo up.

Rattles appear when it's cold, and usually go away when it's hot.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
Normal.

Turn the stereo up.

Rattles appear when it's cold, and usually go away when it's hot.
yes, i do this often...but not when i have someone else in the car. also, i don't know what is cold to you, but in SoCal it's rarely ever cold (lowest like 55-60).

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
yes, i do this often...but not when i have someone else in the car. also, i don't know what is cold to you, but in SoCal it's rarely ever cold (lowest like 55-60).
It's a Ford, they kinda rattle a bit. You could take everything apart and find it.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
It's a Ford, they kinda rattle a bit. You could take everything apart and find it.
i did pull off this panel below and the glove box, but couldn't find anything by banging around. also, you can see that my center dash speaker is a bit different than some others here.
56304551731__71B4252F-4460-459A-AEC1-46934ABB78AA.jpeg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
any solutions? planning to take it to the dealer tomorrow, but very scared of the dealer.
I'm going to try the new clips and also maybe some of the felted tape for the areas I marked in red here (the lower left most part I kinda messed up, but the plastic to plastic contact is what is causing the noise afaik):

upload_2018-11-9_15-5-50.png

Sponsored

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I've had a 2000 GT and it had rattles. Got the 15 GT when it first came out and it had rattles. I now have the 2018 GT and it has rattles again lol... From what I gather the best way to fix it is with some felt in between the dash or something. My solution is just having the stereo up and ignoring it and chalking it up to Ford quality :crackup:

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I've had a 2000 GT and it had rattles. Got the 15 GT when it first came out and it had rattles. I now have the 2018 GT and it has rattles again lol... From what I gather the best way to fix it is with some felt in between the dash or something. My solution is just having the stereo up and ignoring it and chalking it up to Ford quality :crackup:
ha! i guess i'll have to try some felt, if the dealer can't figure it out. over 60K later, dash rattle! I love the car, i'll love it even more when i don't have to blast the music with someone else in the car, just so i don't hear the rattling. i was hoping 50 years later they wouldn't still rattle, as my first car was 69 coupe. kinda sad when i go over bumps it takes me right back to my 69 :)

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to try the new clips and also maybe some of the felted tape for the areas I marked in red here (the lower left most part I kinda messed up, but the plastic to plastic contact is what is causing the noise afaik):

upload_2018-11-9_15-5-50.png
thanks so much for the info and marking the picture! i'm going to take i to the dealer tomorrow and if/when they don't fix it..try the suggested felt.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
With my experience, pulling off panels and trying to fix them, usually just seems to loosen them up more and makes it worse. It is what it is. It can be annoying, but I just don't worry about it. That's what the exhaust and stereo are for.

OP
OP
lemonsnurkey

lemonsnurkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
With my experience, pulling off panels and trying to fix them, usually just seems to loosen them up more and makes it worse. It is what it is. It can be annoying, but I just don't worry about it. That's what the exhaust and stereo are for.
haha okay. my neighbors will love me even more now!:devil:
Sponsored