Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I got the chance to interview Darren Palmer, Global Product Development Director for battery electric Ford and Lincoln vehicles worldwide, at the european Mach-E reveal event in London. I wanted to share with you my full interview, since besides talking about the Mach-E he also shared a lot of interesting insights about the future of the regular mustang.

The most important parts he told me:
  • Shelby Mach-E could be a thing, when enough customers want it
  • Hybrid Mustang would be an easy thing since they already have the ecoboost engine in the Mustang. At some point all petrol engines will become Hybrids.
  • V8 will not die in the future, but could be exclusive to special vehicles like Shelby models.
Sorry for all the background noise, but it was pretty crowded there

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good interview, thanks Ace.

A couple of things......"Ground Speed in the dials, like the originals"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but S550 was the first time that was ever used.

Also, "just the Voodoo going forwards"..........if there's only one V8 at some point in the future, I'd bet my Mustang anorak it wouldn't be Voodoo!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
"All gasoline* engines will become hybrids" is a bit of a no-brainer, I guess.

I'm far from an expert on these things, but I'd think that if consumers were strongly incentivized to buy hybrids rather than TPTB focusing completely on electrics you'd get so many more people moving to hybrids that it would produce a greater reduction in emissions faster.

*<ahem> Petrol.
Sponsored