Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly my thought, the plastic looks super cheap. Can’t wait until it fades in the sun and turns chalky grey
Yeah I spend time trying to UV coat it over time to not get to that point. That Dark Horse will be more work to maintain.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Yeah I spend time trying to UV coat it over time to not get to that point. That Dark Horse will be more work to maintain.
Reminds me of the Jeep Wranglers with black plastic fenders after a few years

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Not a fan yet but I wasn't a fan of the S550 platform at first either,

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not a fan yet but I wasn't a fan of the S550 platform at first either,
Heck I'm still not the biggest fan of the appearance of the S550, but I'm on my third one. The IRS made a big handling improvement over the older stick axle cars.

Will there be a significant performance improvement with the S650? To me that's the most important thing.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At least 300 lbs if they want to compete with the Camaro, and arguably be a M4 killer.
The Camaro and Mustang are fairly equal in performance. I agree it would be nice if the Mustang weighed less, but not if it had to have all the Camaro's issues in order to get there.

Maybe. It's still a monster in ita current format. Lighter and more powerful.
Ooh, 5 hp (rated). I'm guessing there's an conflict with the HP ratings of the two cars, since the Mustang is faster through the 1/4 mile. Since the Camaro weighs less I'm guessing the Mustang must make more power to the tires. According to C&D Camaro is 118 mph and 12.2 while Mustang is 120 mph and 12.1. Since the Mustang weighs more plus has a faster trap speed, that indicates that in the real world the Mustang makes significantly more power.

Probably Mustang makes a little more power, but Ford doesn't want to exaggerate their HP claims. Or GM is claiming 455, but reality is more like 430.

Monster. Ha ha. I would say the Camaro is fine. Similar to the Mustang, if slightly slower. If you are used to driving a 4 cylinder car the Camaro might seem like a monster, I guess. But if you are used to a Mustang the Camaro will seem similar.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I don't know how anyone can prefer the Darkhorse to the current Mach 1. The exterior styling on the Mach 1 is dramatically better.
In my opinion, the M1 was and is the best looking non shelby S550 out there.