Sponsored

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
I don't get it, why did they cut the front out and put some black plastic in? instead of keeping the same color & metal styling as the GT, which looks very cool & premium. It's going to be the most expensive S650 version but looks really cheap.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It looks alright. I think the GT and Ecoboost look better, weirdly enough.

This is going to be one of those gens where there's not much point in upgrading if you already have an S550. Hopefully they actually do something new and worthwhile when they refresh it eventually.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I don't get it, why did they cut the front out and put some black plastic in? instead of keeping the same color & metal styling as the GT, which looks very cool & premium. It's going to be the most expensive S650 version but looks really cheap.
cause its like edgy bro. like insert catchy design language bullshit here and stuff because reasons and internet hype.

the design refactor on this one is gonna be pretty heavy.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It looks alright. I think the GT and Ecoboost look better, weirdly enough.

This is going to be one of those gens where there's not much point in upgrading if you already have an S550. Hopefully they actually do something new and worthwhile when they refresh it eventually.
BUT BUT BUT, there is a totally different steering feel. They made the wheel thicker. LOL

I tend to agree with you. A friend is already lined up to buy a Darkhorse S, and said I could take it on the track. Looking forward to it. Hopefully they have figured out how to lighten the car, because the S550 is a pig.

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
cause its like edgy bro. like insert catchy design language bullshit here and stuff because reasons and internet hype.

So I guess we're saying the designer must of used internet explorer 5 to look up other car photos, when cars had unpainted random plastic on them. Someone needs to tell them, 8K is here.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat

Looks like Ford took some design liberties from the SRT Charger,

But most new cars are starting to look alike these daze.

The new Vette looks an awful lot like a Lotus, LOL

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hopefully they have figured out how to lighten the car, because the S550 is a pig.
i bet its heavier.

now if they shucked like 300lbs off the new design i'd be willing to tolerate the subpar styling.

the fact that the 2015 design reveal video is cinematic and great while the 2024 reveal has comments disabled (probably due to backlash) is all you need to know... they screwed the pooch.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
i bet its heavier.

now if they shucked like 300lbs off the new design i'd be willing to tolerate the subpar styling.

the fact that the 2015 design reveal video is cinematic and great while the 2024 reveal has comments disabled (probably due to backlash) is all you need to know... they screwed the pooch.
At least 300 lbs if they want to compete with the Camaro, and arguably be a M4 killer.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Is this a subaru wilderness wrx edition co-develpment? It's just stupid.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
At least 300 lbs if they want to compete with the Camaro, and arguably be a M4 killer.
well the camaro is dead which might be why they adopted its design language

jxqtvnr5ocruwyll60mu6s064fjowckp79uh70ux&rid=giphy.gif

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I can't wait to see one in person. I still love the look of the 2015 body style... one of my favs of all time.... outside of those late 60s /early 70s versions.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Exactly my thought, the plastic looks super cheap. Can’t wait until it fades in the sun and turns chalky grey
Sponsored