Sponsored

Damn just got a check engine light 4 codes please help !

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
My car out of the blue just got a check engine light with four codes. Can someone please tell me what the issues are? I’m at the gym parking lot should I drive home or get the car towed??

IMG_4841.png
Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
I’d say you’re just fine to drive home. Sounds like you likely have an issue with a wiring harness related to your air conditioning (I’m guessing), and there’s something going on with your EVAP system. Nothing to panic over.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed. Drive it home. Call a reputable shop in the morning and get on their schedule.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
I’d say you’re just fine to drive home. Sounds like you likely have an issue with a wiring harness related to your air conditioning (I’m guessing), and there’s something going on with your EVAP system. Nothing to panic over.
Thanks !

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Drive it home. Call a reputable shop in the morning and get on their schedule.
There’s no such thing as a shop that’s going to take it right in. They’ll hold it hostage for months. Everyone here is backed up it’s insane. I have a professional diagnostic tool at home I’m going to first try and see if it’s something I may be able to troubleshoot and take care of myself. Thank you I appreciate the response

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wasn't saying to take it in tomorrow morning. I was saying call and get on their schedule sometime in the future. Where do you live that they can't get your car diagnosed in 1 day after dropping it off, get your parts ordered, then you pick it up while they wait for said parts, then bring it back when they're in their hands and get it fixed in a day or two once they have the parts?

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
Kind of weird how 3 related codes and one seemingly unrelated code showed up at once. Maybe an old tired battery? These cars do weird things if your battery is weak. For me, my blinkers went nuts, even while driving and the battery being charged.

Just take your time, start with the most simple possible solutions first and work your way up. Really look over all the wiring to your AC components, hell even go poke at your fuel fill flap and make sure some gunk isn’t keeping it from sealing. I doubt anything serious is going on.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Kind of weird how 3 related codes and one seemingly unrelated code showed up at once. Maybe an old tired battery? These cars do weird things if your battery is weak. For me, my blinkers went nuts, even while driving and the battery being charged.

Just take your time, start with the most simple possible solutions first and work your way up. Really look over all the wiring to your AC components, hell even go poke at your fuel fill flap and make sure some gunk isn’t keeping it from sealing. I doubt anything serious is going on.
Exactally what I was thinking..Make sure the battery isn't getting weak

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)

The p1450 is an old code I cleared it’s for a purge valve that’s minor I have the part just didn’t get a chance to install it. It’s like a 10 min install

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
What year car?
15-17s had problems with the evaporator leaking.
Otherwise you've got wiring problems somewhere or a leak somewhere else.
If your scan tool is good enough you may be able to command the compressor clutch on/off. That may rule out a wiring problem. If you have a set of manifold guages you can verify refrigerant pressures. Since you have a comm error there is a chance a weak battery could be the cause.
The 1450 is most likely the evaporative purge valve but could be the charcoal canister vent valve.

Sponsored

rwp50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black California Special
Or the IMRC problem.

waiting for a new intake for our ‘17 GT.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
What year car?
15-17s had problems with the evaporator leaking.
Otherwise you've got wiring problems somewhere or a leak somewhere else.
If your scan tool is good enough you may be able to command the compressor clutch on/off. That may rule out a wiring problem. If you have a set of manifold guages you can verify refrigerant pressures. Since you have a comm error there is a chance a weak battery could be the cause.
The 1450 is most likely the evaporative purge valve but could be the charcoal canister vent valve.
I’m about to go out and scan it with my Autel professional device. I did clear the codes before I drove home last night and the check engine light didn’t come back on.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Or the IMRC problem.

waiting for a new intake for our ‘17 GT.
I have a ported gen 3 manifold it’s probably about a year old and under 3k miles I hope it’s just the purge valve I have that part in the car I’m about to install it.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
IMG_4872.jpeg

OP