Sponsored

Damn, I love this 18 GT PP A10!

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I read enough complaints and bitching around here (some are understandable) so I thought giving the more positive perspective is in order.

First off, it is not a perfect car. What...? Say what? No car is perfect nor will ever stay perfect for long if it is driven.

But, G Damn when dropping the hammer on this thing it sure brings a butt pucker followed immediately by a big smile as it slams through the gears 7500 rpms. Phuckin A. :).

Feel free to share the positive’s or what you like about your Stang! Go...
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I read enough complaints and bitching around here so I thought giving the more positive perspective is in order.

First off, it is not a perfect car. What...? Say what? No car is perfect nor will ever stay perfect for long if it is driven.

But, G Damn when dropping the hammer on this thing it sure brings a butt pucker followed immediately by a big smile as it slams through the gears 7500 rpms. Phuckin A. :).

Feel free to share the positive’s or what you like about your Stang! Go...
God Damn - I Phucking love my 18 PP Premium Manual (magnetic metallic). Avoid the negative posts - I found them extremely troubling at first - now I'm past it. Phenomenal car - I've had it for about 8 months - and just love looking at it. I've added the Ford Performance X pipe - really woke up the exhaust note - love that. No further mods for me though as I want to maintain my warranty.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I have an '18 PP2. This car is just fun to drive. Bite on track mode is insane, and I've switched out the SC2's for a summer tire (still 305's squared). I have two ramps near me that I have passengers reaching for their imaginary brake. 80 mph on a 35 mph ramp and 60 mph on a 25 mph ramp. Can't wait for it's first track day on 10/10. Was scheduled to go 9/20, but had to go out of town for work, so rescheduled now for 10/10.

Edit: the active exhaust is a must have also in my book. Worth every penny. Absolutely love it!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I love my 18’ mt82
But my Kness and hip make me think the A10 would be suitable too.
Trust me....the smile last a long time regardless
...Better than sex...but don’t quote me on that...active exhaust isn’t necessary either....
Just the “Active exhaust” kinda sounds unpleasant butt I’m sure some here disagree.
The Stock system is so very satisfying and efficient..
If PoPo acknowledgement is what you seek there are plenty of choices for you to consider.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My 2018 has exceeded all expectations. Performance, comfort, fit/finish, daily driver friendliness, drag strip capability are all excellent. I go out of my way to find a reason to drive it! I don't think I have ever owned a car that I was more proud of.

Sponsored

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I love mine- and it's only base, M/T and non Torsen rear end. It feels way more car than some of my other cars- which cost the same or a lot more- my 2016 WRX and 2017 Camaro RS. I have not even revved mine past 5K yet and just poking around town driving it easy is a blast while it breaks in. It's quiet when the rev's are low and the sound is so throaty when you get on it. It shifts great, love the way the rev's drop, love the low end grunt, feel of the gear box, how quiet it is and it tracks laser straight. I read about the shift forks issue and being an engineer don't know why they are cast- they should be forged, but oh well I don't race or track it. I choose it over a Camaro SS and a C7 Vette.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I love my 18 GT PP MT-82 car. I've had it since February and have almost 10K miles on it. I've driven it all over Houston, and also up around Lake Superior into Canada and back. Super awesome car, especially for long road trips. Car now has a Whipple, suspension is done, and full exhaust. I enjoyed it before boost, but it is just down right fun to drive. No complaints on it about anything.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hmmm......positive things to say about my car. That's a long list. But I'll try:

1. I LOVE the color. Blue is my favorite color and if Grabber was available that's what it would have been. But the Kona looks great and also doesn't show dirt too bad either.
2. With a bad left knee, I am VERY appreciative of the 10-speed auto. This car shifts better than any auto I have driven and has been more fun than a lot of the manuals too. Plus, in downtown traffic, you can't beat it.
3. I love the design. It's a pretty car from every angle in my opinion and yes, I love the front end of my '18 as well. I don't know why people flip over it.
4. I'm thankful I got the premium trim because the heated and cooled seats are a really nice touch. The leather isn't nearly as bad as what I have heard either.
5. I'm thankful I can fit in the car. I'm 6'9", so I'm limited on sports car choices. I wanted a Challenger, but the 'Stang was better value for the money.
6. Nothing can replace the exhaust note with the Corsa's. It sounds amazing and, contrary to popular belief, isn't loud enough to disturb the neighbors as long as you don't want it to.
7. This is a hard one to explain but I love the tightness of the steering in Sport mode. I leave it there and it turns and goes wherever I point it.
8. I love the extra punch the '18 GT brings to the table. WAY more than I'll ever need for a street car, especially since I don't race any more and am not in my 20's.

I guess that's about it. :flag::rockon:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
This 2019 PP1 Metallic MT-82 is the fifth Mustang I've owned and I love this car.

I'm in awe of how the Mustang's have evolved from the Fox Body and SN-95 days. The S550 rides so smooth and is fast as hell right out of the box. The older cars were fast, back then, and then we'd bolt on everything we possibly could. The older generations were rattle traps though. i say that lovingly because I am still going to do another Fox build in a couple years, but the S550s are just so different.

One thing I do miss is the sound of the older Mustangs. When they moved the mufflers to the back of the car it changed the note of the exhaust and I am still getting used to it.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Hmmm......positive things to say about my car. That's a long list. But I'll try:

1. I LOVE the color. Blue is my favorite color and if Grabber was available that's what it would have been. But the Kona looks great and also doesn't show dirt too bad either.
2. With a bad left knee, I am VERY appreciative of the 10-speed auto. This car shifts better than any auto I have driven and has been more fun than a lot of the manuals too. Plus, in downtown traffic, you can't beat it.
3. I love the design. It's a pretty car from every angle in my opinion and yes, I love the front end of my '18 as well. I don't know why people flip over it.
4. I'm thankful I got the premium trim because the heated and cooled seats are a really nice touch. The leather isn't nearly as bad as what I have heard either.
5. I'm thankful I can fit in the car. I'm 6'9", so I'm limited on sports car choices. I wanted a Challenger, but the 'Stang was better value for the money.
6. Nothing can replace the exhaust note with the Corsa's. It sounds amazing and, contrary to popular belief, isn't loud enough to disturb the neighbors as long as you don't want it to.
7. This is a hard one to explain but I love the tightness of the steering in Sport mode. I leave it there and it turns and goes wherever I point it.
8. I love the extra punch the '18 GT brings to the table. WAY more than I'll ever need for a street car, especially since I don't race any more and am not in my 20's.

I guess that's about it. :flag::rockon:
Quite a few of us Houston peeps in this thread already!

I agree with your post. Especially how the front ends look. I was not a fan of the pre-18 front end look so when the 18's came out I was excited.

I don't have the auto but the Houston traffic hasn't annoyed me yet with the MT-82...then again it isn't my daily so I'm sure it'll be a hassle the first time I get stuck in the Katy Fwy stop and go

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
A few things I like about the 2019 -
1. I like how Ford got rid of the long-hood look of pre-18's. I personally hated that boat look and feel from the cockpit.
2. Engine and auto-tranny is light-years better than pre-18s. Feels like a solid marriage between a sports car and a muscle car.
3. The stock suspension seems more planted and the car seems like it rocks back less than pre-18s when accelerating with enthusiasm.
4. Really enjoy the digital instrument cluster. I personally don't care at all for the out-dated and harder to view barrel gauges.
5. Active exhaust - phenomenal. It transforms the car experience relative to what used to be the case with a stock mustang.
6. I think car looks sharp (in person). Not sure why pics have such a hard time doing it justice though.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
18 GT PP1 MT82 / 301A / MBRP Race catback / Lund E85R / Steeda Progressive drop / 25mm spacers all around/ minor visual mods

I fooking love this car. The added power and handling from the tune and drop and the insane soundtrack from the engine and exhaust just make a riot every time I get behind the wheel. It's not perfect, the suspension is still a bit soft, the shifter a bit wonky, fit and finish just ok but none of that matters when hanging in 3rd gear at 4500 RPM's.

I wasn't sure about the Fury Orange at 1st but every time I walk up to it I love it more and more. I'm glad I went with this rather than the gray, black or white I always go with...it surely doesn't blend in with the crowd.

_MG_5060.jpg

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Ford brought their "A" game with the 2018. The A10 is spot on along with the feel and ride of our Premium Vert. And dropping the shifter along with the active exhaust into sport mode is a beautiful thing. Now, if I could just get the bride to take my '06, and give me the '18. I pretty sure that ain't gonna happen though.

rf_ross

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Chevy Colorado
I love my '18. I purchased it as a fun, long distance, touring car. Took delivery in May 2018 and now have over 6k miles on it. It's not my daily driver so I'll be prepping it for winter storage in the near future. The 10-speed automatic is fabulous especially when teamed up with the 3.55 rear end! I have the base GT with the 301A package so it's mostly a Premium but without leather, which I didn't want anyway. I'm 6' and 230 and I'm super comfortable is this car. And to top it off when I drive it sanely on the highway I consistently get a calculated 28 + mpg. (The onboard computer usually is more optimistic and reports about 1 mpg better than the calculated mileage). When mashing the accelerator to the floor it gets moving right quick, too!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Quite a few of us Houston peeps in this thread already!

I agree with your post. Especially how the front ends look. I was not a fan of the pre-18 front end look so when the 18's came out I was excited.

I don't have the auto but the Houston traffic hasn't annoyed me yet with the MT-82...then again it isn't my daily so I'm sure it'll be a hassle the first time I get stuck in the Katy Fwy stop and go
It's not that bad in Houston traffic. I was driving from League City to the Woodlands every day in the 45 traffic, and while the Mustang isn't my daily, the few times I did drive it, I had no complaints. My daily is a 4 cylinder manual Honda Accord, so driving a manual in traffic doesn't really bother me.
Sponsored