simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Hi everyone,

Been a while since i've had anytime at all to pop by and say hi to everyone. No idea how i've done the below, issue is that it's pitch black when i drive the car to and from work so might have been done a while back. There's no dents or damage anywhere on the bumper, bar the black scrapes that seem to have taken off all of the paint. The front splitter seems to have been damaged as well.

Only thing i've hit is a squirrel crossing the motorway at night with me doing 70mph but i wouldn't have thought it would have done this damage. Issue is that the car is parked on the road at the end of a deadend generally so idiots turning but not suspecting it's been hit by a car as i'd have thought they'd be more damage.

Don't want to claim on insurance, any idea what the cost would be for replacing?

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Definitely someone having a bit of a scrape as they misjudged trying to drive past.

This exact thing happened to me just before Christmas, similar looking damage as well - although fortunately it was my Fiesta and not the Mustang! The girl that did it was good enough to knock on the door and fess up, and is happy to pay for it, so I'll be going off to get a few quotes as soon as I can. Having the Mustang in with Ford for my warranty issue has annoyingly delayed this, but I'll certainly keep you posted on what sort of costs they come back with. Not sure about the plastic splitter though - mine was purely scratches/scuff marks on the paint...

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
So glad I have an old 2002 Golf to tool around in at the moment. That's the second GB stang that I've heard of getting scraped.

Agree with Kristian, looks like a parking/manoeuvring scrape. Again, sad that the perpetrator wasn't adult enough to take responsibility.

The bumper should polish up "ok", but it might need a detailer to do a proper job. I think for the splitter you'll need to use some masterly Google-Fu or ask your dealer. Probably not going to be cheap, sadly! Good luck.

OP
OP

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
So glad I have an old 2002 Golf to tool around in at the moment. That's the second GB stang that I've heard of getting scraped.

Agree with Kristian, looks like a parking/manoeuvring scrape. Again, sad that the perpetrator wasn't adult enough to take responsibility.

The bumper should polish up "ok", but it might need a detailer to do a proper job. I think for the splitter you'll need to use some masterly Google-Fu or ask your dealer. Probably not going to be cheap, sadly! Good luck.
I was hoping someone like Manders might have half a dozen GT splitters in his shed somewhere that he wants to get rid of :lol:. Considering every person on the street knows that the massive blue Mustang belongs to the guy at number 40,you’d think people would be adult enough to own up and you can’t exactly miss the thing no matter how dark it is.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
I think the OE part number for the GT splitter is FR3B 17F775 BE5YZ9 and the FINIS code is 1901957. I'd expect it to be around ÂŁ250.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I just have the one GT splitter, and one ecoboost splitter unfortunately they're used for the group for anyone wanting to paint their plastics. or use them whilst they wait for things (Free of charge ofcourse).
Oddly, nobody as of yet has actually swapped their GT splitter entirely. For a carbon one or otherwise, If anyone on a group does, i'll let you know :)

It looks a lot less like a misjudging your car, and more someone driving your car into the corner of a wall (Like a bricks taken a chunk out of it!).

NGL I've hit my splitter on that edge a few times but it's only ever been cosmetic and I've been able to repaint the splitter or sand it down.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
sounds like an ideal time to replace with something better :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like an ideal time to replace with something better :)
especially now you can get RTR over here. ;).

Actually, long shot [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] do you still have yours?

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
That's certainly had an argument with another car or a wall unfortunately. As mentioned that's the second GB with a scrape I've seen posted today. Hate seeing this as I know we all love our cars. :(

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Yes I have a stock one just found it in garage also have a cervini one too

Sponsored

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug