bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
Hit a nice size rock while doing some mountain driving a couple weeks ago. The panel underneath the door had the paint scratched off as well as some punctures through the plastic. The textured plastic rocker also has some minor damage (hard to see in picture). Is this all one piece? Or are they two different parts? Any one know have any idea how much something like this would cost? Not sure if I should get the part myself and replace or file an insurance claim.
011E8570-0B06-41D8-A6BF-DC8E57BE1B2C.jpeg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Look on eBay - or online salvage facilities. You should be able to find black rather easily and do the R&R yourself.

Don’t do Ins. claim, the cost of a used part and the couple of hours to replace isn’t worth it, not to mention your rates getting jacked for a claim.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The painted portion of the rocker and the matte black part are serviced from Ford as one piece. Price varies on model and trim level.

OP
OP
bguerrero13

bguerrero13

bguerrero13
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black Appearance PKG Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for the input guys! I got a couple quotes for $800+ for parts and labor. The painted and panel and matte panel were sold as a pair. Looks like I’m better off just getting it off eBay and doing it myself.

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Can you get side skirts separate from the rocker panels?

There’s a drive thru by me where the sidewalk connection to the street is not wide enough. I’ve gone through it before but not since my car has been lowered...paid the price a little bit. The side skirt on passenger side is bent a little bit.

The panels themselves are not damaged (at least on the exterior)
Sponsored