dam dealer...drove my car 3.3 miles, 10.1 MPG and .72g on the meter

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
i reset all my stuff when i dropped it off. Picked the car up today to find the above stats.

There are scuffs on the tire side wall as well.

pretty sure their test drive was one hell of a joy ride.
Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I do that too...pisses me off to find out my MPG dropped a lot just giving them my car for service for a few days

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The 10.1mpg doesn't indicate anything abusive. Could have been reset then let idle for all you know. Can't comment on the .72g or tire issues.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
i reset all my stuff when i dropped it off. Picked the car up today to find the above stats.

There are scuffs on the tire side wall as well.

pretty sure their test drive was one hell of a joy ride.
Mileage is significantly affected by idle time, especially on a very short sample.

.72 could be one hard corner or hard stop. I wouldn't quite throw them under the bus as yet, better to ask questions, and invest in a dash cam.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Depends what you brought it in for. Brakes or suspension they probably had to test the install with a hard brake or corner. 3.3 miles isn't a lot and 10.1 mps doesnt mean much. The mpg can go down after idling for a while until the average goes back up since its an average over the last 30/40 min (can't remeber which)

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
what was it in for? and what direction .72 G, accel?

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
noise in the from the catalytic converter.

alignment & rotate tires.

it was .72 both left and right

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
A while back I remember reading about someone who dropped their Camaro SS off at the dealer for some sort of issue or another. They had put a voice recorder in the door pocket. Come to find out, the guys were doing burnouts, donuts, burning up the clutch, etc. I believe he even caught them talking about somehow scamming both him and GM for parts or service hours or something.

Not throwing the whole service industry under the bus, but I definitely like the idea of knowing rather than not knowing. The voice recorder may not be a bad idea. Might even make sense to make it known to the dealer that the car is being "monitored" to hopefully stop them from doing anything stupid before they do.

I guess you could also get one of those OBDII plug-ins that records all of the data (similar to what Progressive uses). Of course that wouldn't be real time. You'd have to download it after the fact. Plus, if they need to plug into your OBDII, it would be discovered and possibly removed anyway.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
oh, .72 left and right, i wouldnt sweat that. i'd be concerned with a .72 accel if the oil wasnt warm yet in the engine.

best thing u can do is install a dash cam. this is what my service guy was doing to mine.

[ame]

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
oh, .72 left and right, i wouldnt sweat that. i'd be concerned with a .72 accel if the oil wasnt warm yet in the engine.

best thing u can do is install a dash cam. this is what my service guy was doing to mine.
What dash cam is that?? Thats pretty good quality video.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

LOL hilarious. Making vroom sounds like a child shifting it. Hey at least he acted proper with the car for the most part and wasn't revving it or tearing around the lot. Id be happy if this is all the moron did.

OP, alignment makes sense. Probably swerved the car side to side a few times (like a slalom) is all to test if it pulled going back to center.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Funny video, at least he just pretended driving the car and didn't go for a joy ride. Was the Ford tech aware of the dash cam ( or wherever you had it mounted, obviously in the back somewhere ) ?

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
yeah...i am not that worried about it...lord knows i have done worse. more worried about any tire tread loss than anything.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
yeah...i am not that worried about it...lord knows i have done worse. more worried about any tire tread loss than anything.
Where was the cam mounted for him not to see it ?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
isn't 0.72 a normal corner?
Sponsored