daily driving one piece driveshaft opinion

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
looking for opinions on daily driving a one piece driveshaft? have found a handful of reviews for them just not sure if its something worth doing. car sees drag strip a couple times a year. bmr springs and cradle lockouts for suspension mods. looking at one piece aluminum. car is still NA and will prob stay that way. i like the DSS for not using adapters. open to opinions/suggestions.
Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
You are likely to get a vibration at some random speed and a bit of increased NVH. If you are not planning on making any real power don't waste the money on it.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
so i ended up finding a driveshaft shop one piece driveshaft from a buddy in town and decided to give it a try. since i couldnt find any real impressions i figured i would just put it here in case anyone was curious like i was but didnt have any previous experience. i had read of the vibration issues but they seemed intermittent and those were my biggest concern with moving forward with this mod. to note i do have some aftermarket motor mounts and they allow me to lower the motor 1/4" i think up to 1/2". i lowered mine 1/4" to help with header clearance. i think this helps prevent vibrations from the angle of the driveshaft. i could be wrong here tho. just my thought.

impressions: on first drive i noticed the entire car feels lighter from a take off. the engagement in 1st gear is less jerky and is smoother. i wasnt immediately shocked in the difference in feel but the more i drive it the more i am impressed. the clunk from neutral to 1st is pretty much all gone. i have zero added noise or vibration that i can tell. the suspension feels lighter and more responsive and the car accelerates thru the rev range easier. overall im actually really impressed and i think its something that will continue to show its benefits with some other complimentary mods.

i would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have or give further impressions. dont hesitate to ask.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Is there a specific model or brand that you used?

Other than that, thank you for the review!

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Is there a specific model or brand that you used?

Other than that, thank you for the review!
Driveshaft shop aluminum one piece

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
oh hahaha 😅
Sponsored