Sponsored

CV Fabrication Resonator Delete / Y Pipe

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
I recently installed a CV Fabrication Y Pipe / Resonator Delete as a tester and I have to say I am 100% Satisfied and would def recommend this product!

First off, the quality of the welds on this thing is top notch. They cut the Y portion of the pipe very long, so the exhaust should flow almost equally between the 2 pipes. All stainless steel of course, which gives it that Shiny New out of the box look ;)

Installation is about as easy as it gets with regards to installing such a mod. Both ends of the pipe are sized perfectly, with the single side that connects to the downpipe sliding right into place using the stock exhaust clamp, and the Y end has a decent split which allows your stock piping to slide into their pipe for easy clamping.

There is NO drone on this product, i can assure you that. After using it for a few weeks at highway and city speeds, you cant really tell its even there. There is some "throatiness" added to the stock exhaust sound (I only cut my resonator out, stock exhaust before and after). Its not "too loud" and def not "ricey" or whiney sounding like ive heard with other exhaust mods on the ecoboost. If you want something subtle with a def HP increase, this is the way to go. Their Price point is also Way lower than anything else out there, nearly cut in half, so you cant beat that!

I think it took about a week for the car to "learn" the new exhaust (I'd say common these days with nearly any bolt on mod). The car def pulls a bit harder in the lower gears.

Some advice / comments on the install:

install is as expected, cut your stock resonator out, slap the y pipe on. 2 cuts, 2 new clamps.

I used Ramps and a jack to really be able to get under the car. If you have access to a lift, or want to take it to a muffler shop youll def save yourself some time, but that can be said about nearly any install under any car right.

Be sure to cut your stock exhaust LONGER than the Y pipe, as the stock exhaust slides INTO the CV Fab Y pipe. Youll have plenty of tolerance with this method (you can always cut more off). Measure the Y pipe, and go an 2 inches at least before the slits. This will allow you to move your stock mufflers in / out a bit to make sure they are Straight after install (be sure to check this before you really clamp everything down and lower the car).

also, because of their "slip into" design, you dont need super straight cuts (somewhat difficult with a sawzaw laying under the car btw). if you end up with a goofy cut or jagged edges, dont worry about it; it wont matter.

Youll also be dropping several lbs by losing the stock resonator. that B*tch is heavy lol. and fwiw, so is the stock exhaust; I def recommend having a buddy under there with you, or an extra jack or something to hold all the exhaust in place during install; takes a bit of muscle to keep it all straight when tightening up those clamps.

all in all, I am quite happy with the upgrade :) Ill be posting a video or 2 from both outside and inside the car to show you there is no drone and a bit more sound outside the car. I think the digital sound piping (whatever you want to call it) also handles the mod just fine since the change is fairly minor.

If all goes well, install should be 2 hours or less, depending on your tools and experience with this stuff.

The staff at CV Fab were excellent and patient with me on this, and the products are top notch. Go CV Fab!
20190613_184006.jpg
20190613_181847.jpg
20190613_181841.jpg
20190626_194809.jpg
20190626_194814.jpg
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Very nice piece.

OP
OP

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe they will be selling it for $150 and itll include clamping hardware. So 100$ less than everyone else. I looked trust me lol. Couldn't believe the prices for a simple y pipe for a mustang. You can get one for a 350 z with flexes in it for like $90 on ebay

Plus the CV Fab one has a really long split at the Y, those others look tacked on at a 60 degree angle, like they weren't even trying

Sponsored

OP
OP

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One last note unrelated to the Y pipe specifically, Fords exhaust is 2.25 inches, not 2.5. I think I have been confused thinking it was 2.5 bc of these 2.5 inch downpipes. Wish they would have just sprung for that extra quarter inch, allow for some more flow lol.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
how much is cvf y pipe?
It's not up on the site just yet, but we're looking at the $139.99 to $149.99 price range. The final product will include upgraded band clamps for flexibility during installation similar to what OP used.

Feel free to shoot over any more questions if you guys have 'em!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's not up on the site just yet, but we're looking at the $139.99 to $149.99 price range. The final product will include upgraded band clamps for flexibility during installation similar to what OP used.

Feel free to shoot over any more questions if you guys have 'em!
Are you working on a full catback?

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Are you working on a full catback?
The plan right now is to continue supporting and revising our current line of Mustang products based on customer feedback as we're pushing into the F-150 platform to complement our Mustang parts. You never know in the future, though! :)

ShadowBlkEoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dain
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black Ecoboost mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Jason,
I am almost ready to purchase the 3” catless DP from your company, just a couples questions about the Y-Pipe. I’m curious if you will offer It in a 3” input reduced down to 2.5” dual output,?
I want to keep as little restrictions in the exhaust as possible, and my plan is to purchase the 3” adapter for the DP and then either run the 3” magnaflow 12288 which is a 3” input and dual 2.5” output or try and find a Y-pipe that offers the same setup. Please let us know when it may be available for purchase. Also very interested on when your race Intercooler will be available..thank you very much for your time.

Sponsored

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Jason,
I am almost ready to purchase the 3” catless DP from your company, just a couples questions about the Y-Pipe. I’m curious if you will offer It in a 3” input reduced down to 2.5” dual output,?
I want to keep as little restrictions in the exhaust as possible, and my plan is to purchase the 3” adapter for the DP and then either run the 3” magnaflow 12288 which is a 3” input and dual 2.5” output or try and find a Y-pipe that offers the same setup. Please let us know when it may be available for purchase. Also very interested on when your race Intercooler will be available..thank you very much for your time.
Dropped you a PM!

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Jason,
Me too! 3” to dual 2.25” though. I have factory active exhaust, so I want to keep the exhaust from the Y back, but still go 3” from turbo to Y. There’s no kit anything like this out there, because generally the factory mufflers aren’t that great. There will be even more opportunity to sell this kit when the HP model comes out since it will have active exhaust as part of the package.

Ive been expecting to have to have an exhaust shop fab one when the time comes. Now if Cobb would ever support active exhaust cars so I can get a downpipe...

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
They cut the Y portion of the pipe very long, so the exhaust should flow almost equally between the 2 pipes.

20190613_184006.jpg
I’ve never been a fan of this style ‘Y’ pipe. It’s more like an ‘h’ pipe. It’s a straight pipe, with a second pipe sticking out of it, and not a true Y. With one straight section, it’s hard to believe that the flow won’t be unbalanced. The flow will have a tendency to go straight, and mostly exit through one muffler. Maybe back pressure from the mufflers will help balance it or something, but I’m not convinced.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I’ve never been a fan of this style ‘Y’ pipe. It’s more like an ‘h’ pipe. It’s a straight pipe, with a second pipe sticking out of it, and not a true Y. With one straight section, it’s hard to believe that the flow won’t be unbalanced. The flow will have a tendency to go straight, and mostly exit through one muffler. Maybe back pressure from the mufflers will help balance it or something, but I’m not convinced.
In winter or cold weather time if OP post a vide of a cold start we can see the exhaust patterns from the smoke out the exhaust. see if it seems balanced or not. To be fair though all the y pipes ive seen for eco do this except the Roush Y and Flowmaster Y.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
In winter or cold weather time if OP post a vide of a cold start we can see the exhaust patterns from the smoke out the exhaust. see if it seems balanced or not. To be fair though all the y pipes ive seen for eco do this except the Roush Y and Flowmaster Y.
I have the MBRP cat-back and it is a balanced Y.
Sponsored