RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
So while I was shopping for charge pipes, I ran across the CVF pipes, that are currently on sale for a really great price.

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/the-cvf-collection/products/cvf-intercooler-charge-piping-kit-dv

Most charge pipes seems to be in the 300-350 range. Since these were closer to $200 I thought I'd give them a try. The kit came with everything needed to install, pipes, silicon connectors, clamps, and a plug for the port on the cold side pipe. Due to the price, I was concerned about what kind of quality to expect. As it turns out, that concern was unwarranted since the parts were top notch quality. All the welds for the BOV port and cold side port looked flawless. The wrinkle black finish was also very nice.

The mandrel bent pipes look like they are shorter than the stock pipes, but that's because they use more gradual bends than the stock pipes. The pipes fit exactly as they should. I found it easiest to connect the FMIC end of the pipes first. The install is pretty much like any other charge pipe install. It took me a few hours because I did it alone, installed a new intake tube at the same time, and got distracted poking around with other things while I was under the car.

I didn't expect any noticeable changes from the pipes, but have noticed some very minor changes. The metal pipes let out a little more of the turbo sounds, and it seems boost builds a teensy bit faster with the optimized pipe sizing, and removal of the spongy flex of the factory cool side pipe. Overall, I was very happy with the quality of the pipes, even more so with the current price.

Photo Jan 11, 11 22 01 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 5 37 59 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 5 55 18 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 6 07 30 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 6 53 50 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 6 55 43 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 12, 7 24 21 PM.jpg
Sponsored

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Question, is it just the angle that shows the recirculating hose not on the CVF part?

OP
OP
RichBrew

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Question, is it just the angle that shows the recirculating hose not on the CVF part?
Yes, just a funny angle. In the installed pic you can see the recirc hose attached to it.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I just bought the cold side charge pipe, because I want to fit the Snow Performance wmi kit. Great price! I will receive it within the next couple of weeks (I am in Europe). Great price!
Sponsored