Sponsored

Cut outs on a 2019 gt. Has anyone done cutouts on coyote?

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i am researching cutouts and i don't understand how the exhaust will take a 90 degree turn through the low profile QTP's and not just continue to go straight past it. the way i see it, most of the exhaust will keep going to the muffler, unless you have a second valve to block the exhaust after each cutout. the same with the other Y-pipe cutouts.

i found a set that should resolve this, they are the Digipower DWP's and you weld them on a bend, that way the open cutout acts like an extension of the existing exhaust pipe, the exhaust would naturally continue straight through the open valve.

my problem is where. i have the Roush Catback.

20230222_160008rrr.jpg

Last edited:

Kane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
i am researching cutouts and i don't understand how the exhaust will take a 90 degree turn through the low profile QTP's and not just continue to go straight past it. the way i see it, most of the exhaust will keep going to the muffler, unless you have a second valve to block the exhaust after each cutout. the same with the other Y-pipe cutouts.

i found a set that should resolve this, they are the Digipower DWP's and you weld them on a bend, that way the open cutout acts like an extension of the existing exhaust pipe, the exhaust would naturally continue straight through the open valve.

my problem is where. i have the Roush Catback.

20230222_160008rrr.jpg
Yes saw DWP when I was looking around & love it. look Way better & cleaner than QTP.
Sponsored