Sponsored

Cut outs on a 2019 gt. Has anyone done cutouts on coyote?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So its silly perhaps but I want to do cut outs on my 2019 gt. I just want to be able to have loud cold starts like at meets and such. I also thin it will add another level of sound to my active exhaust. My question is has anyone done these on the 17-20 coyote ? Any issues at start up with say back pressures or the like? any issues at all I should know? I plan on buying the clamp kind so I can remove later if I want. I am also aware that the value motors can burn out from heat sometimes after a year or so. But other then that?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I had cutouts on my 2011 mustang gt, and 2009 cts-v with no issues using the wireless controller, and I also had them on my 2018 mustang gt but I started having problems with wireless controllers, I think the heat in the engine bay may have started causing issues. I removed them and just put no a MBRP street catback. I probably wouldnt have bothered doing them if I already had active exhaust.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I had cutouts on my 2011 mustang gt, and 2009 cts-v with no issues using the wireless controller, and I also had them on my 2018 mustang gt but I started having problems with wireless controllers, I think the heat in the engine bay may have started causing issues. I removed them and just put no a MBRP street catback. I probably wouldnt have bothered doing them if I already had active exhaust.
Cool so on the 18 no start up issues? I ask cause I saw were some peole said their cut outs cause start up issues with back pressures and stuff but then didn't elaborate so was not sure if they were just being sensational. Yeah I know about the heat issues and most likely wont be a long term item. With active exhaust , its the main reason I want them. cause with active exhaust you cant start the car in any mode but normal which is fairly quiet. So I was thinking just for the fun times like shows and meets they would be neat to have cause can bypass the active mufflers and rez and get a straight pipe start up sound. I most likely would not be driving around with them open. That video it looks like hes got the cut outs between the rez and the muffler ( ground shot revs you can see the cut out behind the muffler)? IM talking about putting mine in front of the res so the exhaust is straight piped right from the engine with nothing in the way. I would think putting it after the res wouldn't change much and it doesn't sound like it did in that video??? or the video just doesn't do it justice.

Last edited:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cool so on the 18 no start up issues? I ask cause I saw were some peole said their cut outs cause start up issues with back pressures and stuff but then didn't elaborate so was not sure if they were just being sensational. Yeah I know about the heat issues and most likely wont be a long term item. With active exhaust , its the main reason I want them. cause with active exhaust you cant start the car in any mode but normal which is fairly quiet. So I was thinking just for the fun times like shows and meets they would be neat to have cause can bypass the active mufflers and rez and get a straight pipe start up sound. I most likely would not be driving around with them open. That video it looks like hes got the cut outs between the rez and the muffler ( ground shot revs you can see the cut out behind the muffler)? IM talking about putting mine in front of the res so the exhaust is straight piped right from the engine with nothing in the way. I would think putting it after the res wouldn't change much and it doesn't sound like it did in that video??? or the video just doesn't do it justice.
There isn’t room to put it between the resonator and the headers if you are looking to do a clamp on style. Personally, I think that would be too far forward anyway.

If you want it a bit louder, why not just put on an H-pipe and lose the resonator? Then you can just start in track mode when you want to be loud

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Andy inspired me to do mine. I have had zero problem out of them. I put the controller in the passenger footwell and so far have had zero problems. Also programmed them to homelink.

62D7029E-D2E8-4298-AB23-C5148E7A91D0.jpeg

An x pipe would most likely be a cheaper route though. I don’t think these would sound good without resonators. They would be crazy loud also.
any reason you put them after the res? IN my mind they would be loudest and most stright pipe sounding in front of it. I am also dealing with an active exhaust which defeats any start up being louder. as it is set to normal mode and there is no way to change it for start up

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There isn’t room to put it between the resonator and the headers if you are looking to do a clamp on style. Personally, I think that would be too far forward anyway.

If you want it a bit louder, why not just put on an H-pipe and lose the resonator? Then you can just start in track mode when you want to be loud
ON the 2019 the place with the most room is between the headers and res. the ones i want need 9 inches of straight pipe to clamp in and the area in front of res is only place with that room. I have a mid pipe delete all ready but the cars active exhaust is set and unchangeable at start up it always starts in normal. My goal is simply for the loudest cold start and i feel in front of res and mufflers would make that possible. putting them after the res to me seems it would take away from the loudness. IM not looking to drive it around loud just do it at meets and shows and such. after the res the only place they would fit is right up against the mufflers like others are doing. But i feel they aren't used to their full potential in that location. plus i dont think there is 9 inches of free straight pipe anywhere after the res on these cars. unless you do the actual cut out kind and weld them. but thats not what Im wanting to do.
Screenshot_19.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is the mid pipe im using now on the car.
Screenshot_20.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This is the mid pipe im using now on the car.
Screenshot_20.jpg
A midpipe that has both an X and H in one??

What is the purpose of that type of midpipe?

It just seems like excessive metal (weight) to serving the midpipe purpose of scavenging and “exhausting” out the gases in an efficient manner (sound excluded).

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
A midpipe that has both an X and H in one??

What is the purpose of that type of midpipe?

It just seems like excessive metal (weight) to serving the midpipe purpose of scavenging and “exhausting” out the gases in an efficient manner (sound excluded).
Its the borla switch fire. when I was researching mids this one was rated best for sound with the active exhaust. it is also 455 dollars. But if you talk to anyone with one, myself included , the sound is amazing. Its designed that way to blend the engie fireing pulses or something liek that. and it has the smoothest sound out there. Pretty much everyone who has heard it in real life wants one and ive been stopped several times at stop lights and asked about my exhaust. until they hear the price.. LOL All I can tell ys is with this mid pipe and everything else stock on an active exhaust car you can go from almost electric car quiet to nascar loud at wide open.

There are videos on the net of it. but honestly trying to hear an exhust on the internet with crap cellphone speakers and mics. is pointless. I have never watched or listen to a video where it sounded like anything in real life.

Here is there sales video. and yes there is zero drone

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
And here is one explaining the design and how it works.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting for sure - thanks for the follow up info and vids.

Quite different for sure.

I wonder what that would sound like on an old school 289 or 79-95 5.0?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Interesting for sure - thanks for the follow up info and vids.

Quite different for sure.

I wonder what that would sound like on an old school 289 or 79-95 5.0?
Not sure, I can tell ya i have spent money on exspensive things and regreted it. Not this mid. I havent regreted a single penny.

Kane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Do you have the Low Profile Oval QTP Electric Cutouts?
By any chance do you have pictures of it installed?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Do you have the Low Profile Oval QTP Electric Cutouts?
By any chance do you have pictures of it installed?
I no longer have these, I have varex variable valved mufflers now which I love. You can see the cutouts in the video. If you do get the QTP cutouts, dont mount the transmitter in the engine bay, the heat kept killing mine.

Kane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I no longer have these, I have varex variable valved mufflers now which I love. You can see the cutouts in the video. If you do get the QTP cutouts, dont mount the transmitter in the engine bay, the heat kept killing mine.
You mean the remote control transmitter?
Sponsored