Sponsored

Custom tune feels flat until 5k RPM in 1st gear.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The tune almost feels restricted. Even like it dips a little then at 5k RPM it feels like it kicks in. This only occurs in 1st gear. The other gears the power band feels fine. Basically the power band doesn’t feel like it goes up in an even upward slope. Is that just a bad job with the tuning on the throttle response end? It had to be revised a couple times due to limp mode and I believe after those revisions this is how it feels. They had said it’s a throttle issue and that they were gonna adjust it a little in the tune. No more limp but now this. So I feel it’s connected obviously. Did they go a little too conservative with the throttle to prevent the limp? What do you guys think? I’m not too worried the car is still NA until next month when the whipple is getting installed with obviously a new tune from a new shop. I would never go back to the shop I went to as it in my opinion is very sloppy. Which is why now I’m just making sure the shop I go to is extremely well known and has done many super charger install jobs. I gave up on worrying about prices with work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
What’s done to the car

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Some tuners are like that.. all the sauce starting at xx rpm. Others, give you great power and drivability throughout the RPM range.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sounds like possibly an inexperienced tuner on the platform. The exact reason to go with the experts such as AED, Lund or PBD.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your hitting a TQ limit in 1st gear. Log TQ_Source and see if it shows something.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your hitting a TQ limit in 1st gear. Log TQ_Source and see if it shows something.
If that's the case, he should turn advance track off and see what happens.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If that's the case, he should turn advance track off and see what happens.
Won't fix it. Not a traction control thing, it is limits inside the software that relate to load, throttle angle etc.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Won't fix it. Not a traction control thing, it is limits inside the software that relate to load, throttle angle etc.
I always though disabling Advancetrac is a no limit applied kinda thing. Unless we're talking about 2 different things haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always though disabling Advancetrac is a no limit applied kinda thing. Unless we're talking about 2 different things haha
Advance Trac the car is wild. Lol. But has nothing to do with traction control. It’s a tune thing. Can’t wait to get it corrected. And in regards to “experienced” tuners. This shop has had the same tuner for over 2 decades. It’s simply rushed work imho.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
But has nothing to do with traction control.
I've had TC turn on even though I turned it off. Turning advancetrac off and all nannies are now neutered. Maybe it's a 15-17 thing?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had TC turn on even though I turned it off. Turning advancetrac off and all nannies are now neutered. Maybe it's a 15-17 thing?
I don’t know. All i now is when I turn advance trac off and try and get a good launch off a dig on the street It’s ridiculous. Lol.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Two different things. These are TQ based software. Everything the computer does is based off load and TQ calculations. If things get skewed or you are making more TQ than the ECU thinks it should it will start closing the throttle. Different gears will achieve different load points. There is also tables for TQ limits by gear, although I don't know how accurate they are, I just maxed all of them out.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Two different things.
Oh your talking about when the computer sees 20% throttle, it'll only give you 20% of available torque at 'xx' rpm thing. Gotcha.
Sponsored