Deleted member 22592

IMG_3754.jpeg
IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg

Received my Billetworkz knob. Pleased with the way it turned out after a very long wait. Added picture to show how much it weighs in ounces and grams compared to the stock knob. I will post pictures once installed.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 22592

IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg

I like it with one spacer nut which raises it a little higher than stock. Going to try this and if I don't like it I will adjust it lower.

Last edited by a moderator:

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great description of exactly how in did mine, not a drop of loctite. It took a little time and patience to sand down the washer to the perfect thickness. I came up with this solution as I didn’t like how high it sat with the lock nut like you.
so question... I think my knob might be slightly different and pics would be worth a thousand words.... I have a 5/8” x 1/8” rubber washer that doesn’t meet the gap between the adapter nut and top of the shift knob, in fact 2 of those don’t, so at more than a quarter inch gap to cover, what kind of washer are you using???

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
so question... I think my knob might be slightly different and pics would be worth a thousand words.... I have a 5/8” x 1/8” rubber washer that doesn’t meet the gap between the adapter nut and top of the shift knob, in fact 2 of those don’t, so at more than a quarter inch gap to cover, what kind of washer are you using???
I read back over the thread. I think you’re trying to use the washer in a different place. My washer slides on the gear lever shaft and stops just past the threads. Then I screw on the knob, file, test, file, test, etc until at full tighten down it centers. 5/16 washer I believe.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Don't use a rubber washer in place of a jam nut. That will never hold.

If you hear mention of other people using rubber washers, it's probably in combination with a MGW kit and it's to space the boot properly. I have a bunch of rubber washers in use for that purpose, but they've got nothing to do with keeping the knob tight.

Sponsored

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Don't use a rubber washer in place of a jam nut. That will never hold.

If you hear mention of other people using rubber washers, it's probably in combination with a MGW kit and it's to space the boot properly. I have a bunch of rubber washers in use for that purpose, but they've got nothing to do with keeping the knob tight.
Good info, I’m not interested in using locktite so looking for the best way to go with the stock shifter. The leather got slightly damaged getting the oe knob off with a strap wrench even using a towel and separately a silicone grip sheet. Brown thread lock was used in production. Not the worst experience with an oe knob, that would have been my 2006 350Z which would have been easier to take off it was tack welded on.
I’ve got this mounted with one nut and it’s a bit tall.
DE8DA121-C4F5-40BA-84C1-9BEFA8DDC5D2.jpeg

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I’ve got this mounted with one nut and it’s a bit tall.
I don’t know what you consider tall. This is about maxed out on height with my MGW shifter. Never had it on the OEM shifter. I prefer it at this height, it’s quicker when you’re doing more aggressive driving with two hands on the wheel most of the time.

55329F42-1E8E-45B5-847A-C723E65CA65E.jpeg

AhuraPro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahura
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don’t know what you consider tall. This is about maxed out on height with my MGW shifter. Never had it on the OEM shifter. I prefer it at this height, it’s quicker when you’re doing more aggressive driving with two hands on the wheel most of the time.

55329F42-1E8E-45B5-847A-C723E65CA65E.jpeg
Well I guess I’m good then.

73F88373-7B9A-4517-997C-C6453526000D.jpeg

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Well I guess I’m good then.
I'm not saying you shouldn't try to get it lower if that's your preference.

Also bear in mind, despite the fact that our knobs are the same height my throws are shorter because of the MGW.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
If you're placing an order through Billetworkz, please pay close attention to this so you get what you expect.

As I posted above, in order to have the cobra render properly on a knob that's powdercoated black or a dark color, you actually need to engrave it differently. Otherwise it will have an inverted appearance and it will look wrong.

There are three variants of the logo that Billetworkz should have now:

• dark on bright - this is the one you see in the pictures of my knob above. This is what Ford uses on the exterior emblems. Suitable for engraving on white, yellow, red, or grabber blue powdercoats.
  • bright on dark w/dark scales - this is the variant Ford uses on the steering wheel. Suitable for engraving on black, blue, LFG, Magnetic, or other dark colors.
  • bright on dark w/bright scales - this is the variant Ford uses on the key fob. Suitable for engraving on black, blue, LFG, Magnetic, or other dark colors.

Below please find a matrix of various color combos, as well as two incorrect examples in the bottom right.

gt350-cobra-colors.gif
Hey @Spart ,
You might want to consider cutting and pasting this, and any other nuggets of info, to the OP. Would help to consolidate the info..

Richie18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Tried to order but they're not doing paintfill now. Anyone have insight for a white cue ball shifter with blue markings?