Custom GT350 knob from Billetworkz

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I am wanting to order the half tear drop in LFG with red lettering and red cobras to be mounted on the MGW shifter. I cannot find "GT350" or half tear drop on their website. I sent them a message with what I want to order. Think I'm missing something though. lol
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I am wanting to order the half tear drop in LFG with red lettering and red cobras to be mounted on the MGW shifter. I cannot find "GT350" or half tear drop on their website. I sent them a message with what I want to order. Think I'm missing something though. lol
If your talking about the shape I got, it’s called a “Short Teardrop”.

As for the GT350 pattern, just email Austin there and he’ll know what you’re talking about.

As for the LFG, go to the Prismatic Powders website and find your closest march. They can sell you small samples you can match as closely as you can. Look up my pic on page 3 in this thread to see exactly what I mean.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
If your talking about the shape I got, it’s called a “Short Teardrop”.

As for the GT350 pattern, just email Austin there and he’ll know what you’re talking about.

As for the LFG, go to the Prismatic Powders website and find your closest march. They can sell you small samples you can match as closely as you can. Look up my pic on page 3 in this thread to see exactly what I mean.
Appreciate the info. Yes I saw the page 3 post. I'll reach out to Austin today.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Appreciate the info. Yes I saw the page 3 post. I'll reach out to Austin today.
Good call!

The Prismatic Powder folks are terrific to work with too. Call them to get a ball park on their match to LFG. They have their own matrix on match ups. (I went a bit crazy tracking down the different paint codes for AG. I forget which one they used but it could be on their website.) I ended up getting three different samples, I think they were $5 a pop. I gave Austin my choice and he took it from there. He can also do custom fill colors for the pattern so you should be all set. Easy peasy.

Edit:
Here’s the info for LFG
https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?comm=M7394

Last edited:

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Good call!

The Prismatic Powder folks are terrific to work with too. Call them to get a ball park on their match to LFG. They have their own matrix on match ups. (I went a bit crazy tracking down the different paint codes for AG. I forget which one they used but it could be on their website.) I ended up getting three different samples, I think they were $5 a pop. I gave Austin my choice and he took it from there. He can also do custom fill colors for the pattern so you should be all set. Easy peasy.

Edit:
Here’s the info for LFG
https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?comm=M7394
Awesome. Greatly appreciate the help Tank.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang, 1968.5 CJ Mustang, 1969 CJ Mach 1, 1970 Boss 302
I would love to order one of these but don’t see the exact ones. Can I have contact information to someone who will know what I’m asking for.

Thanks

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to order one of these but don’t see the exact ones. Can I have contact information to someone who will know what I’m asking for.

Thanks
Just go straight at it, email [email protected].

Here’s my config, pretty sure it needs a bit of unlisted custom config so youll have to email Austin and confirm it. The trick is picking the right snake image to match knob color, and this thread has the info.
  • Make: Shelby
  • Model: GT350
  • Pattern: 6-speed, GT350, RLU
  • Shape: Short Teardrop
  • Color: Matte Black
  • Logo 1 (side): Cobra Bright w/Dark Scales
  • Logo 2 (side): Cobra Bright w/Dark Scales

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Thanks
Dig through the first post. @Spart has done an amazing job adapting the logos to light and dark colors (links embedded in first post).

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm looking to put together an order and I'm a little confused what specs I should provide. I'm looking for the shape of the knob exactly as shown in the OP first post on page 1. White in color and using the GT350R pattern. Do I also have to specify what kind of threads I need and that I have an MGW shifter? Are there different options for the type of reverse lockout? Thanks for the help.

Royce M

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm looking to put together an order and I'm a little confused what specs I should provide. I'm looking for the shape of the knob exactly as shown in the OP first post on page 1. White in color and using the GT350R pattern. Do I also have to specify what kind of threads I need and that I have an MGW shifter? Are there different options for the type of reverse lockout? Thanks for the help.

Royce M
  • Shape of my shifter in the OP is "short teardrop"
  • You can request the GT350 or GT350R logo for the shift pattern.
  • The guys at Billetworkz will know what threads you need if you're ordering for a GT350.
  • The MGW shifter uses the same threads on the top part of the stud, however you'll need to get the MGW "OEM Knob Adapter" from this page if you don't already have one: https://mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/139
  • The "short teardrop" shape is specifically designed with a pocket to work with the Ford-sized reverse lockout. Your MGW doesn't use the lockout, which is why you need the OEM Knob adapter for the Short Teardrop knob, to fill the reverse lockout cavity. You could use one of their other designs without the OEM knob adapter, I'm not sure anyone has done that so you could see what it looks like though.
You will want to contact them directly to place your order since it seems like they still don't have GT350 options programmed into the website.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
This is what I am ordering. I think it’s correct. I wish there was a black/red combo to get a visualization.
61D0B431-2117-4FAD-B717-3E3352886E67.png

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
You're going to end up with an awkward looking cobra. You want one of the bright cobra variants for a black knob.

Please see this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/custom-gt350-knob-from-billetworkz.119210/#post-2497462

ETA: Also, you have the normal S550 thread pitch specified. The GT350 thread pitch is M10x1.25
Yeah I saw that graph. I'm confusing what the correct pattern and the incorrect pattern is. lol

The knob is going on a MGW shifter.

I'll let Austin know......thank you for the input.
Sponsored