Sponsored

Curt hitch won't fit '19 GT coupe with stock exhaust.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
This is the C11405 hitch. I did not see this problem in my previous readings in the hitch thread. Anybody experienced it?
My mechanic bolted the hitch in tight, no problem until he raised the exhaust. There is no clearance for the mufflers, so the hitch rail is forcing them both outward to the point where the tips are close to the edge of the valance opening. The muffler is tight up against the hitch (same on both sides) in the pics below. The instructions and details on Curt's website make no mention of any possibility of an exhaust modification being required. The E-trailer has agreed to take it back.

IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Time for a new exhaust eh? Something a bit louder. :rockon:

OP
OP
Pittpa

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
1-E-trailer is taking it back. Their rep did say the 2019 may require exhaust mods. I don't see that in their instructions, and it would seem impossible to make a mod under the circumstances where the muffler is simply too big. You can't move it much further from the hitch, the tips are almost hitting the outside edge of the valance opening as it is.

2-The Curt rep asked for pics; he had not heard of this. His specs do not indicate any special circumstances.
The Curt spec on their site shows Coupe, excluding Shelby, years 15 - 21. The only codes, BB and Z, indicate that the body of the hitch is exposed, and not drilling is required.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Get a Draw-Tire 24928. I have installed it on 3 different Mustangs - 2016 Eco, 2019 Eco w/active exhaust, and 2019 GT.

tempImagez5Eevj.jpg

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Maybe this is Gods way of telling you not to put a tow hitch on your Mustang. 😄
Maybe it's just me, but God doesn't need to tell anyone not to put a tow hitch on their Mustang. 😉

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I've always been certain that if I put a bike on the roof, I would drive into the garage with the bike on the roof.
It happens daily across the country....... My friend owns a bike shop, and he gets 4-5 per year that do this......

OP
OP
Pittpa

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Etrailer has sent me a return label and said they will take off 20% restocking fee and $33.25 return shipping. They also indicate it mustn't have been installed and must be like new, although I already told them I couldn't have known it interfered with the muffler until my shop installed it.
I'll go along and see what they do when they receive it.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Get a Draw-Tire 24928. I have installed it on 3 different Mustangs - 2016 Eco, 2019 Eco w/active exhaust, and 2019 GT.

tempImagez5Eevj.jpg
Having installed on a 19 Eco w/AE and a 19 GT, any thoughts on a 19 GT w/AE? I've been thinking about doing this but everything I've seen says "doesn't fit w/ AE"
Sponsored