Sponsored

CURRENT Single Turbo Kit Options 18+ GT

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Well, after a long time of scouring this forum and digging past the banned forum member whose name I shall not mentions' turbo kits, I'm a bit lost on currently offered single turbo kits for the 18+ platform.

I've seen 2 kits that I know are still being made, BBR's and BL Fab's.

Keep hearing of CPR's single, but apparently it's a unicorn. Also heard of JPC, but can't find anything about theirs. Hellion made a single kit for the previous gens, but nothing for the S550 it seems.

Am I missing any? If so, where can I go to get info on other kits that are still being made as of December, 2019?
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hellhorse has one for the 18+

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Damn. Guess it was just a pipe dream hoping there was a single kit that had a cat back connector and allowed for wastegates to be dumped back into the exhaust.

Oh well, thanks for the responses regardless. Now to see if anyone else makes a top mount besides hellion and on 3....

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
What’s wrong with hellion or On3?

what is it you’re looking for and budget?

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Nothing is wrong with them, just not for my purposes.

I'm looking for a nice top mount that reroutes wastegates back into the exhaust, provides quality parts, and doesn't require welding or having to saw through the body. I live in FL, so yeah, I'm going to be a bitch and say I am keeping A/C.

I've heard on 3's kit is a bit on the 'cost conscious' side to keep it respectful.

I've also heard hellion's kit caused back pressure issues making heads more prone to floating.

No idea how valid these claims are or if it's just fear mongering/a couple peoples bad experiences that have been blown up.

My goals are ~750whp on 93 w/ a stock block. I have no e85 near me, so I think the only other option to increase boost would be a meth kit, but for what I'm looking at with goals for the car now, I believe this is doable. If I'm wrong let me know and tell me what to expect instead.

Honestly fueling is the only area of my future build where I'm a little grey on. I want to supply enough fuel but not to go overboard with the setup. I'd love a 9 second car, but it's going to see 90% street time with occasional trips to the strip as well as some roll racing.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hellions sleeper kit with their base ball bearing turbos is under 7k, let’s you route into factory exhaust, and has had good reputation for what it is.

It’s not a single but I don’t think you’ll get an off the shelf kit with everything you’ve listed.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Call me petty, but I really want a top mount lol.

I think the only other thing is to see if an exhaust shop can cut/weld some piping to reroute into the exhaust from the wastegates, not sure if hellion offers that as an 'unlisted' option.

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Call me petty, but I really want a top mount lol.

I think the only other thing is to see if an exhaust shop can cut/weld some piping to reroute into the exhaust from the wastegates, not sure if hellion offers that as an 'unlisted' option.
I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it. What's the reason you want to route back into exhaust out of curiosity.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Hellion's top mount is top shelf quality. They have options to route wastegates back into exhaust, i believe.

That kit is very expensive though.

I'd e looking at On3's kit for the 18+ if i were in your shoes.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it. What's the reason you want to route back into exhaust out of curiosity.
I've had multiple turbo cars, only 1 with 2 wastegates (V6 TT), and all were extremely loud once the wastegate(s) opened and dumped to atmosphere.

I love hearing turbo spool and exhaust to sound 'clean'. Wastegates, to me, take the exhaust sound and sort of 'blow it up'. I get that most love it, I just don't.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I want to say that Blow By racing has an option to connect back to the catback vs the bumper exit. for the recirculated waste gate you will likely have to get a shop to do that. Or build a one off custom single kit like many have done. Its what Ill be doing.

Turbo17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
I am selling a top mount, 76mm single turbo kit. It’s open downpipe on my car but can be routed to your exhaust by any competent exhaust shop. Wastegates could also be routed to exhaust.

76/75 precision turbo, ceramic coated hot side
40mm wastegate x2
All stainless steel ceramic coated

Not many kits will get you 750hp on pump gas, this one included. You probably want meth or octane booster to help get you there.
Sponsored