Sponsored

Current list of AppLink compatible apps?

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Is there an up to date list of all the apps that are AppLink compatible? I found this page (https://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-applink-catalog-sync.html) but I know it's not current. I found out totally by accident that the AccuWeather app works but it's not listed in the above link so I'm curious if there's a more current list available.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I rooted around for one, but so far only the link you provided has any kind of "master list", and like you said, it's not even complete. It's probably up to the dev/publisher to request their product be listed at Ford.com. I've tried searching on iTunes, but if the meta data submitted doesn't indicate Sync-compatible, the app doesn't show up in the search results.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys,

So far this is the only list available. Apps that aren't listed may have worked but may not have been consistent in their functionality, have not been tested, or are not compatible at all.

We will continue to test and update the list of available apps.Stay tuned.

Whitney

Stuffie0912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I feel dumb...but no apps show in my Sync

I just bought a V6 2016.

Do I have to download anything to my phone?

Is AppLink a phone app?:frusty:

No Apps showed in my Sync.

Also how the heck do I know whether I have Sync or Sync3?
I think it is Sync, since it is not touch screen and its only the 4.2 screen.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just bought a V6 2016.

Do I have to download anything to my phone?

Is AppLink a phone app?:frusty:

No Apps showed in my Sync.

Also how the heck do I know whether I have Sync or Sync3?
I think it is Sync, since it is not touch screen and its only the 4.2 screen.
Base model cars are Sync, Premium (for MY16) are Sync 3 (so I guess that means all V6 cars are Sync since there's not a Premium option).

So AppLink is just the underlying tech that allows a Sync headunit to communicate to a smartphone, an app has to be compatible with AppLink, then you can use the car controls to interact with the phone (on the phone), Pandora is an example.

So just hit up the list of compatible apps at Ford, install any of those on your iPhone, connect via USB and the app will integrate with the car.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Hey guys,

So far this is the only list available. Apps that aren't listed may have worked but may not have been consistent in their functionality, have not been tested, or are not compatible at all.

We will continue to test and update the list of available apps.Stay tuned.

Whitney
Maybe Pandora needs to come off the list then, because it sure isn't consistent in functionality! It crashes every single ad when running thru sync, but never crashes when running through other Bluetooth devices. AMAZINGLY frustrating on a 6 hour drive when I have to re-start Pandora and re-search for new apps every 20 minutes.

Unless someone has found a fix for this that I haven't seen...

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Maybe Pandora needs to come off the list then, because it sure isn't consistent in functionality! It crashes every single ad when running thru sync, but never crashes when running through other Bluetooth devices. AMAZINGLY frustrating on a 6 hour drive when I have to re-start Pandora and re-search for new apps every 20 minutes.

Unless someone has found a fix for this that I haven't seen...
Strange, I've never had a problem with Pandora. Maybe it's because I have SYNC3 but it works flawlessly for me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Base model cars are Sync, Premium (for MY16) are Sync 3 (so I guess that means all V6 cars are Sync since there's not a Premium option).

So AppLink is just the underlying tech that allows a Sync headunit to communicate to a smartphone, an app has to be compatible with AppLink, then you can use the car controls to interact with the phone (on the phone), Pandora is an example.

So just hit up the list of compatible apps at Ford, install any of those on your iPhone, connect via USB and the app will integrate with the car.

Hope that helps.

Where is the most recent compatible list of apps? The last time I checked there was less than a finger count on one hand... And BTW, why does anyone need a "Dominos" app??? LMAO....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And BTW, why does anyone need a "Dominos" app??? LMAO....
It's useful. When they deliver the pizza to you on the freeway, it automatically rolls down the driver window when they pull up beside you so you can take the pizza.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's useful. When they deliver the pizza to you on the freeway, it automatically rolls down the driver window when they pull up beside you so you can take the pizza.
:D:cheers::lol:

Sponsored

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is this list even current? I can't see any apps let alone any useful apps...

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Hasn't Applink been completely discontinued for vehicles without built-in modem?
Maybe that's the case with you, the info on your vehicle is unfortunately incomplete.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is this list even current? I can't see any apps let alone any useful apps...
AppLink is dead.
It was an interesting, but ultimately half-baked solution, which has never worked properly and hasn't received any support from mobile app developers. Even when it did seem to work, it was buggy as hell. Very slow, very limited in functionality and, most importantly, incredibly unreliable. No wonder developers didn't bother supporting it.
As CarPlay and Android Auto took off, the need for a separate wireless protocol for mobile apps subsided.

RDS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for this, I assumed so.i can't think what apps i'd need anyway, but i said that about the Android ones avaiable for the phone before i tried them, and some as actually useful. Given that I use Spotify via the Sync 3, I'm not sure what extra Carplay actually gets me..
Sponsored