Sponsored

Current Ford National Discounts - Hidden kickback?

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
All,

This is more of an investigation into what, if any, deals Ford is offering to the dealerships other than the generic $500 rebate from the factory. I'm seeing quite a few mustangs around that are already priced at invoice without even going in to haggle.

Here is an example of one article I read regarding the mother ship shooting for sales with big discounts
http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/10/28/ford-discount-plan-coming-november/74745564/

I read this as the factory is providing additional hidden kickbacks or holdbacks to the dealerships (beyond traditional/typical holdback) to get vehicles moved out of inventory before end of 4-Jan 2016. basically lowering the dealership vehicle costs so they then can sell at discounts near known invoice.

Does this sound like or seem as if there are bigger discounts to be had from our local dealer if Ford is indeed already covering the big discount costs? Are these big discounts I'm seeing coming out of Ford's pockets and not the local dealership?

I had to work, in the past, to get my '14 at holdback & invoice. however, if Ford is providing big deals to the dealerships I'd like to get a much better bargain if i can. I have at least two dealerships with GT PP's down to $31,500 range without trying hard (~$35,790 MSRP)

The more you know, the better you can leverage. thanks.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The big sale is just the Friends and Neighbors or whatever sale. It was just slightly above x-plan. Your negotiation past that will depend on your skills and the dealer. Look at the "What did you pay" thread for an idea of what people are negotiating.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Invoice is the pricing technically that the dealership pays the manufacturer in terms of the price sheet.

The holdbacks/dealer incentives/etc paid from the manufacturer are where the dealership makes it's profit if they sell at invoice. Getting at invoice (plus any private cash or consumer rebates) isn't that hard.
Sponsored