Sponsored

Curious about detailing with Stripes

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for but if this thread is redundant then someone can by all means delete it.

I dont order my car for a few months but I plan to put stripes on my car, probably some from of black matt.

The tips and instructions to detail your car here are fantastic and Im taking notes. My truck doesn't get this kind of attention, $20 a month for all the car washes I want. FYI: I hand waxed my truck for the first time in 7 years last month, look good. LOL (Silver is Awesome):D

But when detailing a car with stripes it seems to me like you have to be careful trying to get all the way up to the stripe while not damaging the stripe.

Im curious how you folks handle that and what techniques you might use?

Or do you detail the stripe also, not thinking thats an option?

Do the matt stripes make things more difficult?

Thanks
Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
If this is the case.. then I'm already screwed up.

My 2016 GT Premium - came with stripes from the factory. A few days ago I washed it with meguiars car wash with wax in it and then detailed it right over the stripes with meguiars quick detailer.... I hope i didn't screw up my stripes.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
The correct way...

Tape off the seam where the stripes hit the paint, so you dont risk getting wax on the edge. It will dry and turn white and possibly creep under the stripe making them peal.

Thegeneral rule is to not wax your stripes at all.

The way I did it....

Just be very carefull around the stripes and not get any wax on them. did a small hand polish in betweenthe 2.

Used a vinal seat cleaner to sray detail the stripes, then hand rub them out. Works well.
Sponsored