Sponsored

Cupholder trim ring and trans bezel removal?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The shiny chrome bezels around the cupholders and transmission shifter (auto) are a shiny chrome. I'm thinking of removing these and maybe spraying them matte black. Are they easily removed? Thanks.
Sponsored

5PointSlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
The transmission bezel is removable with a trim pry tool but you have to be really careful not to snap the piece. IDK about the cupholder

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
The shiny chrome bezels around the cupholders and transmission shifter (auto) are a shiny chrome. I'm thinking of removing these and maybe spraying them matte black. Are they easily removed? Thanks.
Did you ever try removing that cup holder trim? Wondering if it can be removed myself.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
The trim ring is rather easy to remove; I've pulled and wrapped mine. It's just some Torx screws holding it in to the trans cover.

I also lined the underside of the trans cover with heat-reflective foil, which cut down on the heat intrusion into the cabin.

The trans cover itself is pretty easy to remove. Just don't yank on it too hard from the rear until you release the key detector plug below the cup holders.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The trim ring is rather easy to remove; I've pulled and wrapped mine. It's just some Torx screws holding it in to the trans cover.

I also lined the underside of the trans cover with heat-reflective foil, which cut down on the heat intrusion into the cabin.

The trans cover itself is pretty easy to remove. Just don't yank on it too hard from the rear until you release the key detector plug below the cup holders.
Is there a way to add some sound insulation under there? Too much transmission noise is being transmitted through there.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
After I installed my Steeda short-throw shifter I sandwiched some lead sheet between foil and attached it to the shifter surround, and that cut down dramatically on noise intrusion.

Underneath the console there's basically just an air gap. If you were to do sound deadening I'd suggest lining it with Dynamat or Raam mat or something similar.

N0nya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium
To get to the cup holder trim you need to remove the whole center console as it’s screwed into the underside with some t15 torx bits. Make sure to unsnap the wire harnesses for the lights under there before pulling it off

The piece is larger than you might think, it’s not just a snap on ring. just wrapped mine with a 3m black carbon fiber vinyl, looks pretty sweet now
Sponsored