Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
from what i got told by ford au on Facebook Australia is currently into batch 6 orders. pre-march is batch 1, march-june is batch 2, july - first half of aug is 3 aug-sept is 4, end of sept -oct is 5, they are getting orders of about 300/batch now so that they order less but get more orders rather than waiting for an order of 1000 to fill up before placing the order with ford US, essentially ford AU is just a re seller, they gather the orders to a number then order that many from US+mark up, then start again.
Then why in the hell am I still waiting for mine to be built, having ordered it on the 1st July last year? Admittedly it should be built in this next week. Sorry I keep harping but I can't help myself as I am somewhat pissed off.
Ian.
Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
this is exactly right, if you look at the underneath of the floorpan/tunnel you see the hand brake linkage going down one side of the tunnel, therefore to move it to the other side the entire assembly would need to be redesigned to be flipped and new mounting, or a crossover linkage which would have sucked to maintain torque on. the other option would have been an electrical brake, and well no thanks.

basically its not worth the cost to change and its not a drive breaking issue either.
The cable run itself isnt the issue, that can be snaked easily enough to a new point, its the mount and the assembly structure. If you look at the older models, it's pretty much unchanged since the first one. And there in lies the problem, I doubt they even considered this needed to be looked at.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
I may have a solution, but as I said injection molds are expensive to create.

it would be more than a few hundred, but the LHD parts are each~ USD$100

how much would people be willing to pay for a swap - console top and hand brake assembly for RHD?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Glad they're not doing anything about it tbh.

Otherwise my MGW shifter will definitely not be compatible lol

7 years in a japanese car with right side cupholders. Never been a problem.

Sponsored

SnowyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Mustang GT
Nah, honestly, this is probably the least of my worries. I'd rather them give me bonnet vents and proper DRLs...

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
You'll definitely have it by then. I'll lend you mine for free if I'm wrong :thumbsup:
WOW, thank you Hybrid, but I feel I am not worthy of driving such a black beast.
Actually we (the wife and I) are driving from Ballina to the Whitsundays and meeting up with 7 couples from The Shire (yes THE SHIRE) and they are eagerly looking forward to meet my car. A few are very interested and ready to pull the trigger as well. Does Ford understand??:shrug:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
You only use it 0,1% of the time when you are in the car. Not a big deal in my eyes
Exactly... fuck the cupholders. I put my bloody phone in it!!! Little peanut water bottles are rubbish. I have a 2.2L giant bottle I take to the gym :p

Cup holder THAT... lol

Nah, honestly, this is probably the least of my worries. I'd rather them give me bonnet vents and proper DRLs...
I've got you covered on that. Since you're new here, you probably missed my post from a few weeks ago. If you want the DRL's it'll be roughly $650~ all up fitted. Bonnet vents, bodyshops I've talked to are not comfortable doing precision cutting and installing OEM vents. So we'll have to wait for local fiberglass replica's, or GT350 replica hoods. Too costly to ship (Yes, I've checked lol).

Everything all up, front and back lighting, grill, decklid and mirrors can be done and fitted $4500~ approx. Minus the hood.

WOW, thank you Hybrid, but I feel I am not worthy of driving such a black beast.
Actually we (the wife and I) are driving from Ballina to the Whitsundays and meeting up with 7 couples from The Shire (yes THE SHIRE) and they are eagerly looking forward to meet my car. A few are very interested and ready to pull the trigger as well. Does Ford understand??:shrug:
Haha... that's how sure I am you'll have it by then. I don't see your order getting delayed by 4 - 5 months. Jeez... you're up in QLD?

That'll be a cool trip for sure :thumbsup:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Final word... if I do this it will be for myself.

The park brake assembly has half dozem components that would need to be recreated. So then would need to pass ADR, testing, application..... costing too much.

They made the mount on both sides, the cables with different lengths can be moved to attach correctly. It is only the park brake assembly needing to be 'remade'

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
from what i got told by ford au on Facebook Australia is currently into batch 6 orders. pre-march is batch 1, march-june is batch 2, july - first half of aug is 3 aug-sept is 4, end of sept -oct is 5, they are getting orders of about 300/batch now so that they order less but get more orders rather than waiting for an order of 1000 to fill up before placing the order with ford US, essentially ford AU is just a re seller, they gather the orders to a number then order that many from US+mark up, then start again.
Are these dates official as I was told I am in batch 2 but ordered on 11 July?

cheers

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

cheers
Nothing is official at this stage, there is no certain date or specs for anything.

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)

cheers
its what i got told by a rep on the ford facebook page, so.... yeah, take that with a grain of salt.

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
If you want the DRL's it'll be roughly $650~ all up fitted.
HybridGT, I might have missed it earlier - Have you got someone lined up to do the DRL mod locally? Could you share their details?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I'm just happy mine came with the little cigarette tray, aka coin holder :)

Biggest problem with the hand brake is me being used to a foot "hand" brake and with it stuck over there I don't notice it and have to think about it.

Apart from that, its fine.
Sponsored