Sponsored

CTS-V vs Charger Widebody Hellcat

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
May be looking to sell the mustang. Have a 2 year old with another due in october. I work 60+ hrs a week (self employed) so on the weekend I try to make the most out of time off with family. Car sits in the garage all the time now. 3 years old with 11k miles. 7k put on the first year. Looking at either a low mileage CTS-V or a Charger Hellcat widebody. Those seem to be our only two considerations at the moment. Persuade me one way or the other
Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Used to own this.
Awesome vehicle.
Hellcat is faster, Iā€™m sure, but will not be nearly as refined.
Nor as versatile if you get a wagon.
Though good luck with getting a wagon, if thatā€™s what you are looking for. After five years and 30,000 miles, I actually made a small profit on the sale.
And that was with an automatic. And long before the pandemic used car shortages hit.
Also, with the power these cars generate, the difference in how fast each one goes is more about bragging rights than anything you can do in real world driving.
8909BCD0-C87C-414C-A02F-077BBEEFB971.jpeg

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I want a CTS-V in the worst way!

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hellcat Charger is one of the best and most complete all around vehicles.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Used to own this.
Awesome vehicle.
Hellcat is faster, Iā€™m sure, but will not be nearly as refined.
Nor as versatile if you get a wagon.
Though good luck with getting a wagon, if thatā€™s what you are looking for. After five years and 30,000 miles, I actually made a small profit on the sale.
And that was with an automatic. And long before the pandemic used car shortages hit.
Also, with the power these cars generate, the difference in how fast each one goes is more about bragging rights than anything you can do in real world driving.
8909BCD0-C87C-414C-A02F-077BBEEFB971.jpeg
There used to be a murdered-out V wagon in my area, a stick car to boot with bright yellow brake calipers and a killer exhaust system. It was always spotless, and I've never lusted after a wagon the way I did every time I'd see it. I sort of miss seeing it to be honest, because it made me smile. Values on clean ones has skyrocketed (yes, I look).

As for the bold, well, you could say the same thing about our Mustang GTs. I keep yearning for a faster car, but the reality is you can't come close to fully exploiting the capability of the GTs on public roads.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
4 door CTS-Vā€¦ absolute riot on wheels

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I keep yearning for a faster car, but the reality is you can't come close to fully exploiting the capability of the GTs on public roads.
Yes. Learned that the hard way, ouch. And the CTS-V was even faster. But as I said, on public roads itā€™s all theoretical unless you want to get arrested by the man. (I didnā€™t and yet I did. Ouch, as I said.)
1627342254382.png

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Cts-v, I see way too many hellcats assuming some of them are just up badged.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If I could drive the Hellcat Charger all year here, I would have ordered one a while ago as my daily driver. I love those cars. Roomy, beautiful and FAST!
The CTS-V is also another gorgeous looking car.

OP
OP
FruityJudy

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I like the cadillac exterior and sound better. I like the charger interior a little better. My dislike of the charger is the amount that I pass everyday on the road. I think the roundness body lines are kind of what I dislike about the exterior

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
What year cts-v? 2016+ (v3)? The hellcat is the quicker car, stock vs stock. The cts-v is more luxurious. I had a 2016 Hellcat Charger, it was an awesome car and very fast for stock. My buddy has a 2016 cts-v that's heavily modded and has been 9.2x @ 151. That said. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Hellcat7.png

IMG_5886.jpg
Sponsored