Sponsored

CTS coupe vs 2015 S550 V6 for Daily Driver

mikefraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Taurus
Before anyone says anything, yes, I realie that this is a Mustang forum and that the answers will obviously be biased. I also realize that the two vehicles aren't usually cross shopped. With that being said, the two vehicles have a lot more in common than what you may think.

I plan on buying one or the other at the end of the year. I'm looking at a 2013 CTS coupe with AWD and sunroof or a 2015 Mustang V6, base model everything.

They both have ~300 hp, both are about the same price, both get about the same MPG's, and both are sporty coupes. The interior is tons better in the CTS, but the Mustang interior has come a long way with the S550 update. The CTS has AWD, which is a pro considering this will be my DD year round in Indiana. Both would be outfitted with snow tires during the winter months. The Mustang would probably have lower miles for the price. I'll be honest that I like the look of the mustangs exterior a little more, but I don't dislike the CTS coupe.

What's your opinion and why?
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Get whichever you like best. The cts will be more comfortable. The mustang will look better (subjectively). I'd have a hard time choosing between the 2 V6s as well.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The CTS coupe is terrible. Awful body lines ridiculous blind spots, and people thought the Camaro was bad. CTS Wagon>Coupe. Just saying.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
If those were the only two choices I'd go with the CTS. You'll appreciate the luxury features more. The interior on the 15' Mustang V6 is very barebones but you'll get a newer and arguably cooler looking car.

For ~$15-20k, a 11-14' Mustang GT would make a great DD if gas wasn't a concern.
Sponsored

Last edited: